The Call Up 12" (special remix)

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: The Call Up 12" (special remix)

Post by Marky Dread »

JChampion wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 5:44pm
Marky Dread wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 7:47am
You fuckers will miss me when I'm gone. ;)
A truer statement have never been spoken!!
😎

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 5:46pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 5:07pm
Marky Dread wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 3:50pm
Heston wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 3:36pm
Marky Dread wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 3:20pm

That's a huge job. Only a nutter would take that on.😉
Haha, if the cap fits. :mrgreen:

But who knows if the multitracks exist/can be located. XTC have hit a brick wall trying to find the multitracks for some of their albums for their remix series. Not all bands had their work treat like the crown jewels in the style of the Beatles. Some of the Sandinista tracks on Sound System sound slightly remixed to me, but it could just be a very deft remastering job.
Virgin were notoriously bad at storing/labelling stuff in their archive. Which is now owned by Universal. XTC had a shit contract worse than The Clash. Those tapes are there somewhere. Sure hope they turn up. Would love a remastered "White Music".
Record companies in general were awful with those things. There was a case where a guy bought a warehouse in Nashville and did an inventory, finding recordings by Elvis, Dylan, Johnny Cash, and others. Columbia hadn't bothered to inventory the contents before selling the place.
It's nuts especially when considering the calibre of those artists mentioned.
Very little sense of legacy. Ironic, too, now that the legacy package is a key element of music industry profit. Minimize the effect of the dud release by continually repackaging what has sold before, with additional curiosities attached. Mind you, perhaps the industry wouldn't have figured it out if bootlegs of those types of recordings hadn't been so hotly desired.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 6:28pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 3:36pm

Haha, if the cap fits. :mrgreen:

But who knows if the multitracks exist/can be located. XTC have hit a brick wall trying to find the multitracks for some of their albums for their remix series. Not all bands had their work treat like the crown jewels in the style of the Beatles. Some of the Sandinista tracks on Sound System sound slightly remixed to me, but it could just be a very deft remastering job.
Virgin were notoriously bad at storing/labelling stuff in their archive. Which is now owned by Universal. XTC had a shit contract worse than The Clash. Those tapes are there somewhere. Sure hope they turn up. Would love a remastered "White Music".
Record companies in general were awful with those things. There was a case where a guy bought a warehouse in Nashville and did an inventory, finding recordings by Elvis, Dylan, Johnny Cash, and others. Columbia hadn't bothered to inventory the contents before selling the place.
Very little sense of legacy. Ironic, too, now that the legacy package is a key element of music industry profit. Minimize the effect of the dud release by continually repackaging what has sold before, with additional curiosities attached. Mind you, perhaps the industry wouldn't have figured it out if bootlegs of those types of recordings hadn't been so hotly desired.
I don't mind the constant repackaging as no one is forcing us to re-buy. We chose to do that because we feel we have to have it all. What really annoys me is the lack of care and/or attention to detail.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 6:53pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

I don't mind the constant repackaging as no one is forcing us to re-buy. We chose to do that because we feel we have to have it all. What really annoys me is the lack of care and/or attention to detail.
I'm with you. I've got an archivist's mentality in that I want everything preserved, tho I also want it freely available to everyone. John Hammond, the man who signed Dylan, once argued that if record companies were just going to sit on stuff—that is, not seek to make money from it—they should be compelled to just make it available to the public. Copyright was about letting the holder profit from the work, not to keep it hidden.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Agreed on both counts. And the exact reason I kept my hands in my pockets for the hugely disappointing "People's Hall."
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Heston wrote:
27 Jul 2022, 1:23am
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Agreed on both counts. And the exact reason I kept my hands in my pockets for the hugely disappointing "People's Hall."
Me too, that was the first time I didn't buy something that wasn't just a recollection of singles.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

x3em
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by x3em »

Wow, I had no idea this cut even existed. I ordered the 12" vinyl obviously :) ... I am definitely surprised something like this was floating around without my knowledge after all these decades.

I would also love to get my hands on Marky Dreads cleanup mix but the link in the OP seems dead/removed.

As always, Many thanks to everyone involved in finding this, pointing out its existence, cleanup work etc.

lanini66
Dirty Punk

Post by lanini66 »

Dear, the link seems not be available anymore. Could you kindly repost? Thank you again.

APACHES67
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by APACHES67 »

Marky Dread wrote:
25 Jul 2022, 7:45am
Here's the 12".

I've used the vinyl rip kindly donated by Laxman for "The Call Up" as this is the only place to find this special remix. I've cleaned up all the crackles and pops and corrected the speed.

The remaining tracks were taken from the Japanese singles box set. With "The Magnificent Seven" edited to match the vinyl edit though at the correct speed.

I've made new artwork to resemble the original 12" and 7" releases. The timing for "The Cool Out" is now correct on the label.
https://mega.nz/file/i2QCHC7L#bfiN0kybm ... vQDFP3De04
Please Marky could you reupload The Call Up?, i've tried to download but is expired

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Can someone please help out lanini66 and APACHES67 with this. My PC is currently under repair. Thanks.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

lanini66 wrote:
17 Aug 2022, 3:14am
Dear, the link seems not be available anymore. Could you kindly repost? Thank you again.
There you go mate. Valid for 7 days
https://we.tl/t-3QYGGowNe4

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

APACHES67 wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 10:13am
Marky Dread wrote:
Here's the 12".

I've used the vinyl rip kindly donated by Laxman for "The Call Up" as this is the only place to find this special remix. I've cleaned up all the crackles and pops and corrected the speed.

The remaining tracks were taken from the Japanese singles box set. With "The Magnificent Seven" edited to match the vinyl edit though at the correct speed.

I've made new artwork to resemble the original 12" and 7" releases. The timing for "The Cool Out" is now correct on the label.
Please Marky could you reupload The Call Up?, i've tried to download but is expired
valid for 7 days

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Cheers White Man thanks for your help. PC won't be back until next week so I can't access my drives.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

APACHES67
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by APACHES67 »

white man wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 11:04am
APACHES67 wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Here's the 12".

valid for 7 days
Thanks White Man and Marky . Really kind. Have nice holydays

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

APACHES67 wrote:
19 Aug 2022, 6:15am
white man wrote:
18 Aug 2022, 11:04am
APACHES67 wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Here's the 12".

valid for 7 days
Thanks White Man and Marky . Really kind. Have nice holydays
Cheers.👍

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia