JOE STRUMMER CONFIRMED BISEXUAL

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Re: JOE STRUMMER CONFIRMED BISEXUAL

Post by IkarisOne »

Cedar777 wrote:
04 Aug 2022, 11:19am
From "Queercore: How to Punk a Revolution: An Oral History" Hmmm, wonder who's that 'famous London artist' :shifty:
Damien Hirst.

PS I knew Leee Childers, I tried for years to get him to agree to an interview for Classic Rock. He told me a lot of interesting stories but was reticent about doing so in public.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

IkarisOne wrote:
08 Aug 2022, 6:03pm
Cedar777 wrote:
From "Queercore: How to Punk a Revolution: An Oral History" Hmmm, wonder who's that 'famous London artist' :shifty:
Damien Hirst.

PS I knew Leee Childers, I tried for years to get him to agree to an interview for Classic Rock. He told me a lot of interesting stories but was reticent about doing so in public.
Leee slept with Sid. But none of this stuff is news. Lots of bisexuality in those "punk" years.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
08 Aug 2022, 6:32pm
IkarisOne wrote:
Cedar777 wrote:
Damien Hirst.

Leee slept with Sid. But none of this stuff is news. Lots of bisexuality in those "punk" years.
SID VICIOUS CONFIRMED BISEXUAL
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Aug 2022, 7:04pm
Marky Dread wrote:
IkarisOne wrote:
Cedar777 wrote:
Damien Hirst.

:mrgreen:

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

Marky Dread wrote:
IkarisOne wrote:
Cedar777 wrote:
Damien Hirst.

Leee did tell me that Bowie moved to Berlin exclusively to be with Romy Haag, not to get off drugs or whatever nonsense. He also said RCA hit the roof when they found out about it and Bowie had to pretend to break up with Haag while they kept it on the DL. I think Angie has said pretty much the same.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
IkarisOne wrote:
Cedar777 wrote:
Damien Hirst.

No confirmation required. Sid never denied it.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

IkarisOne wrote:
08 Aug 2022, 7:24pm
Marky Dread wrote:
IkarisOne wrote:
Cedar777 wrote:
Damien Hirst.

Leee did tell me that Bowie moved to Berlin exclusively to be with Romy Haag, not to get off drugs or whatever nonsense. He also said RCA hit the roof when they found out about it and Bowie had to pretend to break up with Haag while they kept it on the DL. I think Angie has said pretty much the same.
Bowie was just as much a chameleon with his sexuality as he was with his music. Maybe by going to Berlin he was escaping the heavily restrictive laws here in the UK at the time.

By 1977 you would have thought RCA would've known who they were dealing with. Also having Lou on their roster.
Last edited by Marky Dread on 08 Aug 2022, 8:05pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Cedar777
Corner Soul

Post by Cedar777 »

IkarisOne wrote:
Cedar777 wrote:
Damien Hirst.

Thanks. I'm intrigued... Did Leee say something about Joe? I swear I'm not a Snewer,lol😆 Just curious.
P. S. If I touched on sensitive and unwanted subject I apologize...

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I doubt very much that the artist is Damien Hirst as Joe didn't meet him until 1995.

In Queercore Jayne County says Joe had an affair for years with "a famous London artist" much more likely to be Sebastian Conran who Joe shared digs with and did work for The Clash. Jayne also says Joe was very young at the time.

Here's Sebastian in the punk years. And the "Gain Control" poster he designed for the band.
Attachments
SCA_web_SebbPunk_1000x1500.jpg
SCA_web_SebbClash01_1000x1500.jpg

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

chocolatejesus
Dirty Punk

Post by chocolatejesus »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
IkarisOne wrote:
Cedar777 wrote:
Damien Hirst.

So was Dee Dee Ramone. Must be the long neck of a p-bass ?

Not that this matters in General but its nice they were open about IT.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

chocolatejesus wrote:
09 Aug 2022, 2:14pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
IkarisOne wrote:
Cedar777 wrote:
Damien Hirst.

So was Dee Dee Ramone. Must be the long neck of a p-bass ?

Not that this matters in General but its nice they were open about IT.
Some of them were just young and experimenting. Then there's the anything goes attitude. I'm sure there were those who thought that being a punk was about being tough and macho and braggadocio. Then there were those who were older like Leee Black Childers whose actions seem very predatory to me. But whatever sexual preferences people have should be fine as long as they are not hurting others.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

yetaca
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by yetaca »

Cedar777 wrote:
Bernard Rhodes

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

yetaca wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 4:19pm
Cedar777 wrote:
Bernard Rhodes
Good grief.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Mark^Bastard
Sightsee MC

Post by Mark^Bastard »

I mean a lot of these guys are explicit in their lyrics. I guess it depends if they're auto-biographical or not.

Ramones - 53rd and 3rd
The Pogues - The old main drag

Always struck me as funny seeing homophobic punk rockers, and right-wing ones too

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Mark^Bastard wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 8:15pm
I mean a lot of these guys are explicit in their lyrics. I guess it depends if they're auto-biographical or not.

Ramones - 53rd and 3rd
The Pogues - The old main drag

Always struck me as funny seeing homophobic punk rockers, and right-wing ones too
Hello,

We're a Happy Family as well.