Spirit of St. Louis - Instrumental

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
x3em
Bang Ice Geezer

Spirit of St. Louis - Instrumental

Post by x3em »

Has anyone made a serious attempt to remove most of the vocals from Spirit of St. Louis?

I briefly looked into this a couple of years back and know that at least in theory it can be done with varying degrees of success.

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Spirit of St. Louis - Instrumental

Post by bazarboy75 »

If someone share a wav format of th record i can give it a shot

weller259
Pitch Clock Appreciator
Location: He's A Real Nowhere Man, Sitting In His Nowhere Land

Post by weller259 »

bazarboy75 wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 10:49pm
Here you go, good luck with it!
https://mega.nz/file/G8sWVZZK#wniK7CHQq ... 6mfXCR9PUM
From what I see there's still a little hope
That's if we don't hang from too much rope

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

weller259 wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 11:20pm
bazarboy75 wrote:
27 Aug 2022, 10:49pm
Here you go, good luck with it!
https://mega.nz/file/G8sWVZZK#wniK7CHQq ... 6mfXCR9PUM
Thx W259
The quality of thresult depend of the mix of the track. I ll test this soon stay tuned !

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

after a diagonal listening the erasing of the voices seems to have worked well

https://mega.nz/file/HNUHgByY#xd8cVQ0v4 ... PIgSR40aIo

Tell me if a track didn't worked to well and i'll go a bit deeper

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Sounds good to me!

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

coffeepotman wrote:
29 Aug 2022, 10:37am
Sounds good to me!
cool

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Thanks for this. 'Torchlight' is the track I know best, I still have the original 7", but I've just heard sounds I hadn't noticed before.

x3em
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by x3em »

bazarboy75 wrote:
29 Aug 2022, 9:29am
after a diagonal listening the erasing of the voices seems to have worked well

https://mega.nz/file/HNUHgByY#xd8cVQ0v4 ... PIgSR40aIo

Tell me if a track didn't worked to well and i'll go a bit deeper
Awesome BB, this is really quite good :) The result exceeds my exceptions. Many thanks for doing this!

I think now, post your processing, it is mono and we may have lost other sounds than the vocals too correct? I do hear some digital artifact noises here and there (for example in M.P.H starting around the 2minute mark, and both My Legionnaire and Theatre of of Cruelty are a bit choppy). And frankly, this is still far better quality than some of the other stuff we gladly listen to around here.

General comment is that without the vocals this album is a way easier listen as expected. Some of these tracks are a perfect fit for Sandinista! for sure. It is like Clash was some form of slick elevator music act :) ... At this point in their career they were clearly accomplished session musicians.

I really like this, some of these tracks will end up in my playlists and mix tapes.

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

x3em wrote:
29 Aug 2022, 6:47pm

Awesome BB, this is really quite good :) The result exceeds my exceptions. Many thanks for doing this!

I think now, post your processing, it is mono and we may have lost other sounds than the vocals too correct? I do hear some digital artifact noises here and there (for example in M.P.H starting around the 2minute mark, and both My Legionnaire and Theatre of of Cruelty are a bit choppy). And frankly, this is still far better quality than some of the other stuff we gladly listen to around here.

General comment is that without the vocals this album is a way easier listen as expected. Some of these tracks are a perfect fit for Sandinista! for sure. It is like Clash was some form of slick elevator music act :) ... At this point in their career they were clearly accomplished session musicians.

I really like this, some of these tracks will end up in my playlists and mix tapes.

Mono ? Nope it's stereo mate, just cheked this
Yeah there is surely some artifact here and there if you give me the name of the track i can trys a double pass, see at the end if it's better

x3em
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by x3em »

bazarboy75 wrote:
30 Aug 2022, 11:39am
x3em wrote:
29 Aug 2022, 6:47pm

Mono ? Nope it's stereo mate, just cheked this
Yeah there is surely some artifact here and there if you give me the name of the track i can trys a double pass, see at the end if it's better
Yeah, you are right. It is definitely stereo :) I also noticed that later when I was listening with headphones.

I will listen through again and take some notes, but on the top of my head those three tracks mentioned before were the most problematic:

M.P.H - problems starting around the 2minute mark
My Legionnaire - kind of a choppy sound throughout the track
Theatre of Cruelty - also choppy

And other than those, there was smaller artifacts here and there in other tracks and I'll get back to you on those :)

Again, thanks for doing this! Much appreciated