Sandinista! Deluxe box set.

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
aza
Bang Ice Geezer

Re: Sandinista! Deluxe box set.

Post by aza »

wow wow wow THANK YOU!!

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello Marky,

Damn...I can only imagine the time, effort, and passion you put into this. Thank you for your work!

Yo, Sony - the standard has been set - good luck rising to it!

SuzukiSamurai
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by SuzukiSamurai »

Sandinista!, the album that never fails. Marky Dread, the man that never disappoints! THANK YOU!!

War on tape hiss!

TrashCityRocker
Dirty Punk

Post by TrashCityRocker »

Gonna download this as soon as I get my laptop back from the repar shop. My favorite album of all time given the respect it rightfully deserves. I didn’t even know about all these obscure 7”/12” mixes until now. Thank You Marky

Also, weird question to ask but; I’ve been obsessed with trying to find the “SANDINISTA!”font name, with no luck. Any chance you know it?

danbot
Dirty Punk

Post by danbot »

Marky, thanks so much! The artwork alone is amazing. Can't wait to dig into this. As others have said, thanks for all the work that you put into this. I hope you enjoy it too!

x3em
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by x3em »

This looks Amazing. Thank you Marky Dread :)

Telecaster
Dirty Punk

Post by Telecaster »

Marky, this is an insane amount of hard work! The art work alone for each component puts Sony to shame.

I'm sure that the remasters/mixes will be an audio treat during the upcoming Winter of discontent in the UK.

Thank you for your efforts and generosity.

Charlie Dont Surf
Long Time Jerk

Post by Charlie Dont Surf »

Incredible amount of work, passion and dedication involved to share your talent of audio wizardry with all of us lucky board members.
Amazing Artwork as well. I always say, words never seem enough.
I can't wait to start listening to this box of treasures.
"Arise Sir Marky"
Thanks Again Mate for making my year.

CDS
Someday you'll meet your rockin chair, Cause that's where we're spinnin
There's no point to want to comb your hair, When its grey and thinin

stuartreed
Corner Soul

Post by stuartreed »

Wow !! Now thats a project of love. I'm overwhelmed. Thank you so much for your hard work on this

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

TrashCityRocker wrote:
31 Aug 2022, 10:47pm
Gonna download this as soon as I get my laptop back from the repar shop. My favorite album of all time given the respect it rightfully deserves. I didn’t even know about all these obscure 7”/12” mixes until now. Thank You Marky

Also, weird question to ask but; I’ve been obsessed with trying to find the “SANDINISTA!”font name, with no luck. Any chance you know it?
Should point out that some of those mixes were made purposely by me for this project.

Sadly I can't help you with a name for the "Sandinista!" logo font. I've never found it so assume it was solely made for the album. I used a promo advert for the album and edited it.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Well doesn't this look amazing. Cheers Marky, straight on my weekend playlist.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Red Angel
Junco Partner

Post by Red Angel »

I scroll down, and then I scroll down, still I scroll down, it never ends .... I am very surprised, the passion at its maximum level. A big thanks.
Music is the only thing that matters

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

Incredible looking set. At first glance, this may even outdo the amazing London Calling banquet from a few years back. Truly awesome work!

TrashCityRocker
Dirty Punk

Post by TrashCityRocker »

Marky Dread wrote:
01 Sep 2022, 4:36am
TrashCityRocker wrote:

Should point out that some of those mixes were made purposely by me for this project.

Sadly I can't help you with a name for the "Sandinista!" logo font. I've never found it so assume it was solely made for the album. I used a promo advert for the album and edited it.
Curious if the 7” edit of police on my back is an official edited mix or a fan made project?

Also that photo you used for the “edit remixes & Outtakes” comp is probably my favorite photo of the band. It seems the still you used for the cover is from a different frame/source than the westway dvd cover. Do you have a link to just the black and white photo itself? I would love to have it as my wallpaper on my laptop.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

TrashCityRocker wrote:
01 Sep 2022, 8:16am
Marky Dread wrote:
01 Sep 2022, 4:36am
TrashCityRocker wrote:

Curious if the 7” edit of police on my back is an official edited mix or a fan made project?

Also that photo you used for the “edit remixes & Outtakes” comp is probably my favorite photo of the band. It seems the still you used for the cover is from a different frame/source than the westway dvd cover. Do you have a link to just the black and white photo itself? I would love to have it as my wallpaper on my laptop.
"Police on My Back" is not an edit but remixed. None of the 7" or 12" exist in any official capacity. Everything has been remixed by me.
Last edited by Marky Dread on 15 Sep 2022, 7:54am, edited 1 time in total.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia