Sandinista! Deluxe box set.

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Sandinista! Deluxe box set.

Post by Marky Dread »

Telecaster wrote:
15 Sep 2022, 5:26am
Marky, Thank you for all your hard work and generosity in revitalising the Sandinista material. Could anyone have predicted in 1980, that The Clash could have taken so many sounds and influences to create a bold, if slightly bonkers LP.

Your sequencing of the tracks work really well and my favourite songs from the album, sound fresh and exciting again.

I hope you've had some feedback from the band and that the care and attention to the artwork alone, has been noted. One day you will be officially appointed Clash Curator in Chief.
Thanks mate. It makes it all worth while to hear positive feedback and promoting the band in a positive manner.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

All gone now. No re-ups so if you missed it too bad. Don't request an upload as it ain't happening.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

Telecaster wrote:
Marky, Thank you for all your hard work and generosity in revitalising the Sandinista material. Could anyone have predicted in 1980, that The Clash could have taken so many sounds and influences to create a bold, if slightly bonkers LP.

Your sequencing of the tracks work really well and my favourite songs from the album, sound fresh and exciting again.

I hope you've had some feedback from the band and that the care and attention to the artwork alone, has been noted. One day you will be officially appointed Clash Curator in Chief.
I totally agree with your point of view.
I like very much the sound of guitar on Police on my back and the bass on If music could talk.
Can we add an 11 disc, “the interviews“?

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Stefano1972 wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 5:40am
Telecaster wrote:

I like very much the sound of guitar on Police on my back and the bass on If music could talk.
You can. 😉

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

TrashCityRocker
Dirty Punk

Post by TrashCityRocker »

Stefano1972 wrote:
Telecaster wrote:

OMG That’s my video! If you’d like flac files of the interviews I can share a link.

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

TrashCityRocker wrote:
16 Sep 2022, 2:15pm
Stefano1972 wrote:
Telecaster wrote:

OMG That’s my video! If you’d like flac files of the interviews I can share a link.
Wow! I’ll really appreciate it!!! Thank you!!

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

TrashCityRocker
Dirty Punk

Stefano1972 wrote:
18 Sep 2022, 10:13am
TrashCityRocker wrote:
Stefano1972 wrote:
Telecaster wrote:

Do you want just the interview portions or do you want them intact with the songs?

TrashCityRocker
Dirty Punk

Stefano1972 wrote:
TrashCityRocker wrote:
Stefano1972 wrote:
Telecaster wrote:

Do you want just the interview portions or do you want them intact with the songs?

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

TrashCityRocker wrote:
18 Sep 2022, 6:15pm
Stefano1972 wrote:
TrashCityRocker wrote:
Stefano1972 wrote:
Telecaster wrote:

Interviews only, thanks

- Carl Gustav Jung

TrashCityRocker
Dirty Punk

Stefano1972 wrote:
18 Sep 2022, 7:20pm
TrashCityRocker wrote:
18 Sep 2022, 6:15pm
Stefano1972 wrote:
TrashCityRocker wrote:
Stefano1972 wrote:

Interviews only, thanks
Gotcha! I will note however, the source that I got this from chopped off the very end of each interview (right before the song started playing). But you can pretty much tell what Paul, Mick, Joe and Topper were going to say so its not such a big deal IMO. I don't get why Sony doesn't just release the interviews by themselves, I know a separate tape of just the interviews exists because some of these interviews winded up on the "Rocker's Galore" promo CD; without the music edited in. I guess I'm the only one who likes to hear the stories of these tracks. Anyways enjoy.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Marky Dread wrote:
31 Aug 2022, 7:31pm
So I was disappointed we didn't get an anniversary edition of Sandinista!. I thought it would be fun to put together what a box set could've included.

I've remixed and remastered all the tracks. A lot of work has gone into this. Enjoy.

Will be here for two weeks after that it's gone forever. So if you don't pass this way often enough then too bad it will NOT be re-upped!
Just received a PM for the links to this upload. Just to be absolutely clear. I'm NOT re-upping this.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

TrashCityRocker wrote:
Stefano1972 wrote:
Telecaster wrote:

Thanks for doing this vid. Had been looking for one like it. I bought the IMCT release on Record Store Day last year, but haven't opened it since I don't own a turntable.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Marky Dread wrote:
18 Sep 2022, 10:55pm
Marky Dread wrote:
So I was disappointed we didn't get an anniversary edition of Sandinista!. I thought it would be fun to put together what a box set could've included.

I've remixed and remastered all the tracks. A lot of work has gone into this. Enjoy.

Will be here for two weeks after that it's gone forever. So if you don't pass this way often enough then too bad it will NOT be re-upped!
Just received a PM for the links to this upload. Just to be absolutely clear. I'm NOT re-upping this.
The man of the hour could not be clearer on this. Stop asking.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

appleseed1
Sightsee MC

Post by appleseed1 »

Marky Dread wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Do you mind if someone else shares it on here or do you prefer the lid closed altogether so to speak?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

appleseed1 wrote:
19 Sep 2022, 6:27pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Do you mind if someone else shares it on here or do you prefer the lid closed altogether so to speak?
I prefer the lid closed. What you do privately is your privilege.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia