Sandinista! Deluxe box set.

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
york
Corner Soul

Re: Sandinista! Deluxe box set.

Post by york »

Thank you very much Marky !

TrashCityRocker
Dirty Punk

Post by TrashCityRocker »

Marky Dread wrote:
01 Sep 2022, 4:36am
TrashCityRocker wrote:
31 Aug 2022, 10:47pm
Gonna download this as soon as I get my laptop back from the repar shop. My favorite album of all time given the respect it rightfully deserves. I didn’t even know about all these obscure 7”/12” mixes until now. Thank You Marky

Also, weird question to ask but; I’ve been obsessed with trying to find the “SANDINISTA!”font name, with no luck. Any chance you know it?
Should point out that some of those mixes were made purposely by me for this project.

Sadly I can't help you with a name for the "Sandinista!" logo font. I've never found it so assume it was solely made for the album. I used a promo advert for the album and edited it.
Ayo Marky, any chance you have the name of the other font you used on some of the 7” covers? The font on “Dirty Harry” and “Let’s Go Crazy” etc. thanks

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

TrashCityRocker wrote:
06 Oct 2022, 12:38am
Marky Dread wrote:
TrashCityRocker wrote:
Gonna download this as soon as I get my laptop back from the repar shop. My favorite album of all time given the respect it rightfully deserves. I didn’t even know about all these obscure 7”/12” mixes until now. Thank You Marky

Also, weird question to ask but; I’ve been obsessed with trying to find the “SANDINISTA!”font name, with no luck. Any chance you know it?
Should point out that some of those mixes were made purposely by me for this project.

Sadly I can't help you with a name for the "Sandinista!" logo font. I've never found it so assume it was solely made for the album. I used a promo advert for the album and edited it.
Ayo Marky, any chance you have the name of the other font you used on some of the 7” covers? The font on “Dirty Harry” and “Let’s Go Crazy” etc. thanks
On those sleeves "The Clash" is not a font but a logo.

The lettering for "Dirty Harry" and "Let's Go Crazy" is a font called CF Punk Fashion PERSONAL. Hope that helps.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

appleseed1
Sightsee MC

Post by appleseed1 »

In case Marky's bonus material has anyone pining for more Ellen Foley, I just came across these soundboard shows from '81. I haven't heard them yet, but I'll be curious to hear Torch Light at least.

https://www.guitars101.com/threads/elle ... bd.301721/

TrashCityRocker
Dirty Punk

Marky Dread wrote:
06 Oct 2022, 5:23am
TrashCityRocker wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
TrashCityRocker wrote:

The lettering for "Dirty Harry" and "Let's Go Crazy" is a font called CF Punk Fashion PERSONAL. Hope that helps.
Yes dude, it does help. Thank you

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

TrashCityRocker wrote:
06 Oct 2022, 11:51pm
Marky Dread wrote:
06 Oct 2022, 5:23am
TrashCityRocker wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
TrashCityRocker wrote:

Yes dude, it does help. Thank you
😎

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

appleseed1 wrote:
06 Oct 2022, 2:12pm
In case Marky's bonus material has anyone pining for more Ellen Foley, I just came across these soundboard shows from '81. I haven't heard them yet, but I'll be curious to hear Torch Light at least.

I can confirm that Lightning Strikes isn't a Clash cover, though it may have reference to MJ in the intro.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 8:31am
appleseed1 wrote:

I can confirm that Lightning Strikes isn't a Clash cover, though it may have reference to MJ in the intro.
Is the quality good mate?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Marky Dread wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 12:19pm
white man wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 8:31am
appleseed1 wrote:

Is the quality good mate?
Superb mate, i must say.

Blackmarketclash
Dirty Punk

Post by Blackmarketclash »

Sadly it's one of those requests, the link has expired!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Blackmarketclash wrote:
09 Oct 2022, 2:28pm
Sadly it's one of those requests, the link has expired!
Is the Ellen stuff you want?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

TrashCityRocker
Dirty Punk

Anybody by any chance have a flac file of “This Is Radio Clash” live on the Tomorrow Show? Would be great to have it back to back with the live Mag 7. Thanks in advance.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

TrashCityRocker wrote:
16 Oct 2022, 1:04am
Anybody by any chance have a flac file of “This Is Radio Clash” live on the Tomorrow Show? Would be great to have it back to back with the live Mag 7. Thanks in advance.
Did you not download this Sandinista! deluxe set? Because it's on the 12" b-side of "Dirty Harry".

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

TrashCityRocker
Dirty Punk

Marky Dread wrote:
16 Oct 2022, 7:38am
TrashCityRocker wrote:
Did you not download this Sandinista! deluxe set? Because it's on the 12" b-side of "Dirty Harry".
Yes I downloaded the Dirty Harry 7”, but it only had the Mag 7 performance on it. I’m looking for a file of the “This Is Radio Clash” performance. Btw I’m not asking for a reup, I’m just wondering if someone might have TIRC from the “tomorrow show”. Thanks.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

TrashCityRocker wrote:
16 Oct 2022, 8:33am
Marky Dread wrote:
16 Oct 2022, 7:38am
TrashCityRocker wrote:
Yes I downloaded the Dirty Harry 7”, but it only had the Mag 7 performance on it. I’m looking for a file of the “This Is Radio Clash” performance. Btw I’m not asking for a reup, I’m just wondering if someone might have TIRC from the “tomorrow show”. Thanks.
I misread it as if you were asking for Mag 7. I have "This Is Radio Clash" as part of a "Combat Rock" deluxe set which I haven't uploaded here as it's too close to the official release not long being out. Maybe in the future.

But here's TIRC remixed from the Tomorrow Show as a taster.

https://mega.nz/file/WvYQXDYS#LpmwHx96H ... D-iOoIyVlQ

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia