Dr. Martens x The Clash

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Dr. Martens x The Clash

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: Dr. Martens x The Clash

Post by matedog »

Does the band buy off on this sort of licensing?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I think they look pretty decent but I'm about 20 years past being in the market for new Docs. The Harrington jacket is a bit tempting tho.

Briggy, I thought your rundown on Facebook of the historical inaccuracies with this release was interesting.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

Docs are shit these days...go for solovaire.... proper....paint the logo on yourself...

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

matedog wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 10:16am
Does the band buy off on this sort of licensing?
Sign off, yes. There's a tie-in with Don's Clash playlist on Spotify. Most "legacy" bands and artists are selling off all rights to their music. The remaining Clash members don't want to.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Flex wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 10:56am
I think they look pretty decent but I'm about 20 years past being in the market for new Docs. The Harrington jacket is a bit tempting tho.

Briggy, I thought your rundown on Facebook of the historical inaccuracies with this release was interesting.
Cool.

In my experience, the Harrington jacket size is larger than stated on the site. Not 1980 slim fit.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

motorsmell wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 5:26pm
Docs are shit these days...go for solovaire.... proper....paint the logo on yourself...
It's my understanding that the made in England Docs (including the 2 Clash models) are manufactured in the Solovair (Wollaston) factory. I have a pair of Solovair monkey boots.

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 2:38am
motorsmell wrote:
07 Oct 2022, 5:26pm
It's my understanding that the made in England Docs (including the 2 Clash models) are manufactured in the Solovair (Wollaston) factory. I have a pair of Solovair monkey boots.
Ah right, so they are charging a premium now for what used to be the norm! The solovaire factory was the Dr Martin's factory originally before they moved out to China. I've got a pair of 14 hole Vegetarian boots made in that factory and I got them second hand around 15 years ago! Still going strong, whereas my last few pairs of docs split within a couple of years! Each to there own I suppose but not for me