London Calling Deluxe Box Set

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Re: London Calling Deluxe Box Set

Post by Stefano1972 »

Marky Dread wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 9:53am
Stefano1972 wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 9:38am
I’ve started to listen “London Calling From The Faraway Towns” and, except Train In Vain and Clampdown i’ve never listen before Jimmy Jazz, Armagideon Time and Capital Radio from the same Lewisham show.
I really hope we will have the full show one day.
At the end, i’ve added Death Or Glory from Tucscon 83 as 13th track. A ghost track... 🤗 thanks Marky !
Armagideon Time and Capital Radio are both on "From Here to Eternity" are you sure you haven't heard them before.
That’s right!

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Stefano1972 wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 10:50am
Marky Dread wrote:
Stefano1972 wrote:
I’ve started to listen “London Calling From The Faraway Towns” and, except Train In Vain and Clampdown i’ve never listen before Jimmy Jazz, Armagideon Time and Capital Radio from the same Lewisham show.
At the end, i’ve added Death Or Glory from Tucscon 83 as 13th track. A ghost track... 🤗 thanks Marky !
Armagideon Time and Capital Radio are both on "From Here to Eternity" are you sure you haven't heard them before.
That’s right!
You should get a copy of FHtE then. It's very good.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

mcintyrepoet
Dirty Punk

Post by mcintyrepoet »

Hats off to you again Marky, fantastic work. Only had a chance to listen to the Hammersmith Calling so far - assume from the sound you used the 3 pro recorded Kampuchea songs Armagideon, Bankrobber and LC in circulation - you are able to merge the White Men In Hammersmith CD so well I'm struggling to tell!? From the latter I see why you've cut Bob Gruen's trumpet intro (he took great photos there included in his great book) and the end of the CD after the mighty Barry Myers "Scratchy" (and the concern for cars parked outside the old peoples home) there's chat from someone who says to the tapers did you like the trumpet but it doesn't sound like Bob , anyone worked it out?

Many thanks again Marky

Peter

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Once again mate.
Outstandingly superb. Attention to detail is on point as always
Have a like :mrgreen:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

mcintyrepoet wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 11:57am
Hats off to you again Marky, fantastic work. Only had a chance to listen to the Hammersmith Calling so far - assume from the sound you used the 3 pro recorded Kampuchea songs Armagideon, Bankrobber and LC in circulation - you are able to merge the White Men In Hammersmith CD so well I'm struggling to tell!? From the latter I see why you've cut Bob Gruen's trumpet intro (he took great photos there included in his great book) and the end of the CD after the mighty Barry Myers "Scratchy" (and the concern for cars parked outside the old peoples home) there's chat from someone who says to the tapers did you like the trumpet but it doesn't sound like Bob , anyone worked it out?

Many thanks again Marky

Peter
I do think it's Bob Gruen talking about his trumpet and I think it's quite possibly Baker who he is talking to. But hey who knows.

I didn't use "Bankrobber" but did use both "Armagideon Time" and "London Calling" and mixed them in. I don't own the "White Men in Hammersmith" CD. But I do have a copy of the source tape that was digitized years back that was used for the "16 Tracks" vinyl boot and the later CD.

It still took a lot of reworking though. I spent months on it but it sounds great now. The trumpet intro and that outro were a bit superfluous for a deluxe set.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 12:04pm
Once again mate.
Outstandingly superb. Attention to detail is on point as always
Have a like :mrgreen:
I never felt much a like a like a like....

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

Marky Dread wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 11:09am
Stefano1972 wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Stefano1972 wrote:
That’s right!
I have already two copies 🤣 i bought it the first in the 1999. After i bought from iTunes the two bonus tracks (Janie Jones and Drugstabbin’ Time). And, FHTE it was also included in Sound System.
I’ve forgotten about that two tracks where they was recorded.
Anyway, now i’ve something very good to listen until Christmas. But, do you have already idea about what will be your next project?
Cheers

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Excellent dub/Afterlife remix of Guns of Brixton!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

coffeepotman wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 12:52pm
Excellent dub/Afterlife remix of Guns of Brixton!
Laxman gave me that. From a soundtrack South West 9.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Stefano1972 wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 12:25pm
Marky Dread wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 11:09am
Stefano1972 wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Stefano1972 wrote:
That’s right!
I have already two copies 🤣 i bought it the first in the 1999. After i bought from iTunes the two bonus tracks (Janie Jones and Drugstabbin’ Time). And, FHTE it was also included in Sound System.
I’ve forgotten about that two tracks where they was recorded.
Anyway, now i’ve something very good to listen until Christmas. But, do you have already idea about what will be your next project?
Cheers
Yes lots of ideas always. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

APACHES67
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by APACHES67 »

Lovers work Marky, congrats. Thank you so much. I've downloaded but still didn't hear. Now you deserve good relax and we'll wait For the next of course

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

APACHES67 wrote:
10 Oct 2022, 5:29pm
Lovers work Marky, congrats. Thank you so much. I've downloaded but still didn't hear. Now you deserve good relax and we'll wait For the next of course
Thanks mate. I hope you enjoy it all.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Red Angel
Junco Partner

Post by Red Angel »

Just a curiosity, in 'Extras B-sides & Remixes' there is 'London Calling (Original Mix) [7" A-side]' which I imagine coming from 'The Singles Box Set', is it the same version of the album or in what differs?
Music is the only thing that matters

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Red Angel wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 4:48am
Just a curiosity, in 'Extras B-sides & Remixes' there is 'London Calling (Original Mix) [7" A-side]' which I imagine coming from 'The Singles Box Set', is it the same version of the album or in what differs?
Only the mix is different. The full album has been remixed by me. So I started the "Extras comp with the A and B side of the single though it's from digital and not vjnyl. But it's the same track.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Red Angel
Junco Partner

Post by Red Angel »

Marky Dread wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 5:02am
Red Angel wrote:
11 Oct 2022, 4:48am
Only the mix is different. The full album has been remixed by me. So I started the "Extras comp with the A and B side of the single though it's from digital and not vjnyl. But it's the same track.
Thanks for the info and thanks to laxman for 'The Guns of Brixton (Afterlife Remix)'
Music is the only thing that matters