London Calling Deluxe Box Set

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: London Calling Deluxe Box Set

Post by Marky Dread »

I'm off to the funny farm now where life is beautiful all the time. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Hi Marky, truly magnificent. Thank you for sharing this with us. I have gone straight to the Hammersmith show. Sounds fantastic. I can't remember what previous versions sound like. What did you use as the source - the White Man in Hammersmith CD?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 2:25pm
Hi Marky, truly magnificent. Thank you for sharing this with us. I have gone straight to the Hammersmith show. Sounds fantastic. I can't remember what previous versions sound like. What did you use as the source - the White Man in Hammersmith CD?
As far as I'm aware there is only one source. All the variants taken from the original tape. I have a copy of the tape that was used for the 16 tracks bootleg and later the White Man in Hammersmith CD. But it's the same as I've used before but edited at the start and finished with a way better mix and remaster.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Wow! Just Wow! This may take awhile since I'm still immersed in the S! box, but thank you

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 2:30pm
laxman wrote:
As far as I'm aware there is only one source. All the variants taken from the original tape. I have a copy of the tape that was used for the 16 tracks bootleg and later the White Man in Hammersmith CD. But it's the same as I've used before but edited at the start and finished with a way better mix and remaster.
Thanks. I was reading BMC and it said White Man in Hammersmith CD was an upgrade on 16 Tracks but the same source. I know you told me you were there, so this must be a personal favourite for you. This is official release quality.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 2:47pm
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
Thanks. I was reading BMC and it said White Man in Hammersmith CD was an upgrade on 16 Tracks but the same source. I know you told me you were there, so this must be a personal favourite for you. This is official release quality.
Yeah those two nights out of four were great. The Clash/Ian Dury & The Blockheads/Matumbi/The Specials/The Pretenders. Great stuff.

The work on that show took me months as I kept going back to it until I was satisfied I couldn't get it any better. A personal favourite.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Thank you for your hard work and generosity in creating and sharing this special work with us Marky, I'm truly amazed.

Like laxman said, the sound quality on the "Hammersmith Calling" is top notch, official release quality to my ears.

And by the way, I was intending to get some chores done around here today, but with this 12 disc opus plus the "COL EP", I'm probably useless for the remainder of the day. :mrgreen:

Edited for typo.
Last edited by Sparky on 08 Oct 2022, 3:58pm, edited 1 time in total.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 2:50pm
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
Yeah those two nights out of four were great. The Clash/Ian Dury & The Blockheads/Matumbi/The Specials/The Pretenders. Great stuff.

The work on that show took me months as I kept going back to it until I was satisfied I couldn't get it any better. A personal favourite.
Can you remember what was your immediate reaction to hearing Bankrobber for the first time?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 2:59pm
Marky Dread wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 2:50pm
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:

Can you remember what was your immediate reaction to hearing Bankrobber for the first time?
Just that it sounded great. It's tempo being more ska driven. But I do think the final reggae mix with Mikey works better. A classic track.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Charlie Dont Surf
Long Time Jerk

Post by Charlie Dont Surf »

Many Thanks Yet Again Marky,

Can't wait to get stuck into this, You have spoilt us all again.
Will follow Laxman and dive straight into Hammersmith Odeon.

Brilliant Artwork to match.

All The Best

CDS
Someday you'll meet your rockin chair, Cause that's where we're spinnin
There's no point to want to comb your hair, When its grey and thinin

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Sparky wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 2:58pm
Thank you for your hard work and generosity in creating and sharing this special work with us Marky, I'm truly amazed.

Like laxman said, the sound quality on the "Hammersmith Calling" is top notch, official release quality to my ears.

And by the way, I was intending to get some chores done around here today, but with this 12 disc opus plus the "COP EP", I'm probably useless for the remainder of the day. :mrgreen:
Chores what chores.🤣👍

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Charlie Dont Surf wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 3:42pm
Many Thanks Yet Again Marky,

Can't wait to get stuck into this, You have spoilt us all again.
Will follow Laxman and dive straight into Hammersmith Odeon.

Brilliant Artwork to match.

All The Best

CDS
Enjoy mate. Yeah I put a lot of effort into the artwork.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Charlie Dont Surf
Long Time Jerk

Post by Charlie Dont Surf »

Loving The Hammersmith Show, much more clarity
Quality is superb
Someday you'll meet your rockin chair, Cause that's where we're spinnin
There's no point to want to comb your hair, When its grey and thinin

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Charlie Dont Surf wrote:
08 Oct 2022, 4:41pm
Loving The Hammersmith Show, much more clarity
Quality is superb
Yeah I spent months on that. I'm really pleased with the sound on that. Obviously it holds a special place for me as I was at that gig.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I've heard of this record! Time to find out what all the hoo-ha is about. :cool:
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft