Give 'Em The Boot Compilations

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
msza2
Junco Partner

Re: Give 'Em The Boot Compilations

Post by msza2 »

motorsmell wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 10:50am
Never knew streetcore had a bonus cd release...might have to find a copy now
The singles from Streetcore each came with a live cut or two from the 2001 Brixton Academy show as B-sides. In 2012 these were rounded up and presented as bonus tracks to Streetcore for the Hellcat Years release. It was 6 live tracks in all from the Brixton show, though 3 other tracks from the same show have been released on other comps as well

Marky has said he plans to include all 9 on his upcoming Joe box set.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

msza2 wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 12:32pm
motorsmell wrote:
The singles from Streetcore each came with a live cut or two from the 2001 Brixton Academy show as B-sides. In 2012 these were rounded up and presented as bonus tracks to Streetcore for the Hellcat Years release. It was 6 live tracks in all from the Brixton show, though 3 other tracks from the same show have been released on other comps as well

All 9 Brixton tracks plus live tracks from other shows have all been remastered. The 9 from Brixton are also now in sequence of how they appeared in concert. The Streetcore reissue made no attempt to do this and just featured them as they appeared on the B-sides.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

Marky Dread wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 12:49pm
msza2 wrote:
28 Oct 2022, 12:32pm
motorsmell wrote:

All 9 Brixton tracks plus live tracks from other shows have all been remastered. The 9 from Brixton are also now in sequence of how they appeared in concert. The Streetcore reissue made no attempt to do this and just featured them as they appeared on the B-sides.
I shall wait on the box set then! Cheers!

danbot
Dirty Punk

Post by danbot »

[/quote]

It's also just odd that of 9 songs released from that show across two record labels, all but one have been a cover! Why!?
[/quote]

I've wondered that myself. Why shy away from live versions of the Mescaleros tracks? I was hoping 002 would include a full live gig or two.

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

danbot wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 10:57pm
It's also just odd that of 9 songs released from that show across two record labels, all but one have been a cover! Why!?
[/quote]

I've wondered that myself. Why shy away from live versions of the Mescaleros tracks? I was hoping 002 would include a full live gig or two.
[/quote]
I thought the fact most were covers was to add something to the Mescaleros catalogue, different songs. I'd have been happy with live versions of their own original material, although it's great to have "Rudi, Message To You," as Joe hadn't recorded it before and I think it's a great version.

danbot
Dirty Punk

Post by danbot »

dave202 wrote:
02 Nov 2022, 10:33am
danbot wrote:
01 Nov 2022, 10:57pm
[/quote]
I thought the fact most were covers was to add something to the Mescaleros catalogue, different songs. I'd have been happy with live versions of their own original material, although it's great to have "Rudi, Message To You," as Joe hadn't recorded it before and I think it's a great version.
[/quote]

That's a good point about adding to the catalog. And I agree, the cover of Rudi is great. In fact, I like most of the covers that the band played. Given how many times they've re-released the three Mescaleros albums though, seems like a live album would be a good way to keep the fans buying product.

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

danbot wrote:
02 Nov 2022, 10:11pm
That's a good point about adding to the catalog. And I agree, the cover of Rudi is great. In fact, I like most of the covers that the band played. Given how many times they've re-released the three Mescaleros albums though, seems like a live album would be a good way to keep the fans buying product.
Yes, a live Mescaleros album would be great, and I'd love it to be from Barrowland, Glasgow in October 1999, just to hear John Heston and his mate shout "1,2,1,2,3,4," between every song until the band eventually kicked in with '(White Man) In Hammersmith Palais,' one more time. A great gig, a memorable time and a long winded story I've posted on here elsewhere, and made all the more memorable when Heston said he was one of the guys a few yards from me shouting out.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

dave202 wrote:
03 Nov 2022, 10:45am
danbot wrote:
Yes, a live Mescaleros album would be great, and I'd love it to be from Barrowland, Glasgow in October 1999, just to hear John Heston and his mate shout "1,2,1,2,3,4," between every song until the band eventually kicked in with '(White Man) In Hammersmith Palais,' one more time. A great gig, a memorable time and a long winded story I've posted on here elsewhere, and made all the more memorable when Heston said he was one of the guys a few yards from me shouting out.
That Heston never could count.🤣

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

dave202 wrote:
danbot wrote:
You can hear the Super Kevin Philips chant on the Newcastle 2000 tape :mrgreen:

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Nov 2022, 12:19pm
dave202 wrote:
danbot wrote:
What's worrying is he was using all six fingers/thumbs on one hand.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

dave202 wrote:
04 Nov 2022, 10:43am
Marky Dread wrote:
dave202 wrote:
danbot wrote:
I'd be more concerned what he was up to with his other hand. 🤣

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

dave202 wrote:
04 Nov 2022, 10:43am
Marky Dread wrote:
dave202 wrote:
danbot wrote:
Just seen this :mrgreen:
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board