Vanilla tapes boot

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
motorsmell
Junco Partner

Vanilla tapes boot

Post by motorsmell »

Bonjour. Does anyone know if the vanilla tapes were ever pressed in to an LP? I've got the CD, however CDs get short thrift round ere and my downstairs system has no CD player! Anyone know of a bootleg and if so what's the name of it etc?

I'm surprised it's not had an official pressing to be honest...

Ta

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: Vanilla tapes boot

Post by Flex »

I've definitely seen vanilla tapes boots around, here's one listed on discogs: https://www.discogs.com/release/2641556 ... g-Sessions

They're all just going to be sourced from the commercial CD though. Honestly, for the cost of actually acquiring the boot you could probably buy a decent used CD player and get it hooked up to your stereo. Just my two cents, but having vinyl boots is fun, so I understand the hunt.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

Flex wrote:
16 Oct 2022, 10:41am
I've definitely seen vanilla tapes boots around, here's one listed on discogs: https://www.discogs.com/release/2641556 ... g-Sessions

They're all just going to be sourced from the commercial CD though. Honestly, for the cost of actually acquiring the boot you could probably buy a decent used CD player and get it hooked up to your stereo. Just my two cents, but having vinyl boots is fun, so I understand the hunt.
Ah ha! Excellent!
I know what you mean about the cd thing, and yeah if it's just cd pressed on to wax it isn't going to sound great...but the record illness is stubborn bastard!
Cheers

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I have that London Calling Sessions vinyl boot. It sounds decent. But doesn't have as many tracks as the cd. And neither are a patch on my remaster of those sessions.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia