Topper Headon Band live - wanted

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
APACHES67
Bang Ice Geezer

Topper Headon Band live - wanted

Post by APACHES67 »

I would Like to Know if a live recording of Topper Headon Band does exist. I apprecciate their album more than the first of Big Audio Dynamite. I really hope....

Chairman Ralph
Long Time Jerk

Re: Topper Headon Band live - wanted

Post by Chairman Ralph »

I would Like to Know if a live recording of Topper Headon Band does exist. I apprecciate their album more than the first of Big Audio Dynamite. I really hope....
There's a couple radio sessions, and that's basically it, maybe 10 minutes' worth. I have both of them, as filler on one of my Bond's live tapes somewhere. I don't recall the source being identified, though the DJ announces them as ""The Topper Headon Big Band." That sounds like a flag of convenience he may have been using, I don't know.

So yes, there is something, but I'm not aware of anything else. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist, but I haven't seen anything else bubble to the surface.

As I recall, he did do some gigging when Waking Up came out -- I have a live review of one of the gigs. No surprises there, as his post-Clash career was pretty brief, and it didn't kick up much dust at the box office, though not for lack of trying.

I remember getting the Leave It To Luck 12-inch, and right across the cover, there's a banner, reading, "EXTENDED MIXES AND EXTRA TRACKS!" So it seemed to me that his label went the extra mile, but the public response just wasn't there, for whatever reason. Which is too bad, because I like that album, too. It's pretty solid.

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

Chairman Ralph wrote:
25 Feb 2023, 11:58pm

There's a couple radio sessions, and that's basically it, maybe 10 minutes' worth.
I would love to hear
if i can help don't hesitate

Chairman Ralph
Long Time Jerk

Post by Chairman Ralph »

I would love to hear
if i can help don't hesitate
Sure, I can send a copy -- once I find it -- or try to transfer it myself. I just bought one of those tape recorders with a USB output, which seems like as good an excuse as any to dig it out, and play with it!

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

At the end of 80s i had a maxell chrome tape with the recording of an his concert at the Milano Suono Festival, on July 1986. I don’t find more this tape but i’m trying to have it again from the same man did this recording.

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

APACHES67
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by APACHES67 »

Thank you Chairman Ralph. We wait you update Your file. And i hope Stefano could rescue the live in Milan 1986. We have live versions of all Clash members except Topper...i really miss it. He had a really good band and good songs

APACHES67
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by APACHES67 »

This are the only informations i finded about Topper Headon Band tour:
Topper Headon Setlists

Aug 10 1986
Topper Headon at Belga Beach Festival 1986
Artist: Topper Headon, Venue: Luchthaven Oostende, Ostend, Belgium
 Edit setlist  Show all edit options

Jul 16 1986
Topper Headon at Milano Suono Festival 1986