Please help dating some tracks from Clash on Broadway

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Mark^Bastard
Sightsee MC

Re: Please help dating some tracks from Clash on Broadway

Post by Mark^Bastard »

matedog wrote:
13 Mar 2023, 2:19pm

Found this. It's a different mix/slightly different arrangement than the COB/SBMC version for sure. There's a lot more snare, the intro is slightly different. It's Cool Confusion, so I don't feel like listening all the way through and find out why it's 20 seconds shorter, but to answer your question, the COB is a version that was new as of Clash on Broadway and appears to have usurped the original b-side version as the "official" version.
Are there any actually good rips of this?
Edit: nevermind just saw Marky had ripped it in the Combat Rock deluxe thing :!:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Mark^Bastard wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 12:53am
matedog wrote:

Found this. It's a different mix/slightly different arrangement than the COB/SBMC version for sure. There's a lot more snare, the intro is slightly different. It's Cool Confusion, so I don't feel like listening all the way through and find out why it's 20 seconds shorter, but to answer your question, the COB is a version that was new as of Clash on Broadway and appears to have usurped the original b-side version as the "official" version.
Edit: nevermind just saw Marky had ripped it in the Combat Rock deluxe thing :!:
My mix isn't exactly the same. BB remixed it a while back and I used his mix as a template to make my own. They are not identical.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Mark^Bastard
Sightsee MC

Post by Mark^Bastard »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 9:11am
Mark^Bastard wrote:
matedog wrote:

My mix isn't exactly the same. BB remixed it a while back and I used his mix as a template to make my own. They are not identical.
Ahh okay, in that case, does anyone have a straight vinyl rip in good quality? I've only ever heard really bad rips before.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Mark^Bastard wrote:
04 Apr 2023, 12:39am
Marky Dread wrote:
03 Apr 2023, 9:11am
Mark^Bastard wrote:
matedog wrote:

Ahh okay, in that case, does anyone have a straight vinyl rip in good quality? I've only ever heard really bad rips before.
Were talking at cross proposes. You are referring to the actual B-side of the US single (above) and I'm referring to the "Rock version with guitar" both are on the box set you just downloaded. The "Rock" guitar version doesn't really exist and is made up from two sources and my version of it is on the CR remixed/remastered/resequenced disc. The US B-side is on the first CR disc.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Mark^Bastard
Sightsee MC

Post by Mark^Bastard »