Combat Rock Remixes plus.

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Combat Rock Remixes plus.

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
16 Mar 2023, 5:14pm
Thanks Marky, fantastic stuff. Not sure if this got mentioned already but I like the bit of Death is a Star at the end of Sean Flynn.
Cheers mate. Works nicely with that fading out.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Oh damn! Party time!
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

JChampion
Sightsee MC

Post by JChampion »

Marky Dread wrote:
15 Mar 2023, 6:30am
Cheers all. I had fun making them.
Thank God you're having fun! The artwork is fantastic also.
Just amazed at the effort and quality that goes into your projects.
Please Know That It Is So Appreciated!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JChampion wrote:
18 Mar 2023, 6:15pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Thanks JC appreciated mate. I will be uploading a Combat Rock box set next week. So look out for that. It will only be up for 2 weeks so be sure to grab it.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Hi Marky, I really like the Radio Clash version with the Bonds reporting on it. I think, if anything, it might have been a better track 1 on the People’s Hall than the actual one!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 7:08am
Hi Marky, I really like the Radio Clash version with the Bonds reporting on it. I think, if anything, it might have been a better track 1 on the People’s Hall than the actual one!
Sadly I agree. That preamble as a lead off is awful. But it is what it is. I don't think that's really the thing Mick wanted for the 2nd disc. He did want a demo of Inoculated City but sadly it wasn't found in time.

Although TeddyB has said elsewhere they didn't want to go down the AI route.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 8:41am
laxman wrote:
Sadly I agree. That preamble as a lead off is awful. But it is what it is. I don't think that's really the thing Mick wanted for the 2nd disc. He did want a demo of Inoculated City but sadly it wasn't found in time.

For my point of view, The People’s Hall was a missed opportunity. I think everybody of us already had almost all that tracks. For me it was something new only the alternate version of “Know Your Rights” and the instrumental “He Who Dares Or Is Tired”.
But why was not used the original Rat Patrol (with some other extra) for celebrate the 40th anniversary of Combat Rock, it’s still a mistery for me.

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Stefano1972 wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 4:04pm
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:

For my point of view, The People’s Hall was a missed opportunity. I think everybody of us already had almost all that tracks. For me it was something new only the alternate version of “Know Your Rights” and the instrumental “He Who Dares Or Is Tired”.
But why was not used the original Rat Patrol (with some other extra) for celebrate the 40th anniversary of Combat Rock, it’s still a mistery for me.
It wasn't a missed opportunity as such. It served it's purpose of getting the remastered tracks out to a wider audience as it was only available in remastered form from the Sound System box. It's only fans like us who are aware of what else is available who were disappointed. Though why any of us were really disappointed is beyond me as we all have Rat Patrol in some form and Mick has made it perfectly clear he has no intention in releasing an official version.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 4:22pm
Stefano1972 wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:

It wasn't a missed opportunity as such. It served it's purpose of getting the remastered tracks out to a wider audience as it was only available in remastered form from the Sound System box. It's only fans like us who are aware of what else is available who were disappointed. Though why any of us were really disappointed is beyond me as we all have Rat Patrol in some form and Mick has made it perfectly clear he has no intention in releasing an official version.
So pity Mick has decided so but we can only respect his decision. Thanks for your answer Marky!

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Stefano1972 wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 4:40pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Stefano1972 wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:

So pity Mick has decided so but we can only respect his decision. Thanks for your answer Marky!
Yes I agree it is a shame as it's such a long time ago now but yeah it's his decision and that's how it is. I've remastered the stuff we have and will upload it as part of a CR box set next week.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 4:52pm
Stefano1972 wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 4:40pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Stefano1972 wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Yes I agree it is a shame as it's such a long time ago now but yeah it's his decision and that's how it is. I've remastered the stuff we have and will upload it as part of a CR box set next week.
Wow! I’m going to sleep with a very good new!!! I’m already 50 years old but i’m feeling happy as a teenager :mrgreen: thanks for everything Marky!

- Carl Gustav Jung

JChampion
Sightsee MC

Post by JChampion »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 5:53am
JChampion wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Thanks JC appreciated mate. I will be uploading a Combat Rock box set next week. So look out for that. It will only be up for 2 weeks so be sure to grab it.
Oh you know I’ll have my sights glued to the site!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

JChampion wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 1:47pm
Marky Dread wrote:
19 Mar 2023, 5:53am
JChampion wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Oh you know I’ll have my sights glued to the site!
No slacking now. ;)
https://www.clashcity.com/boards/viewto ... 27#p674327

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

msza2
Junco Partner

Post by msza2 »

Wow, thanks Marky! Really evocative artwork! Can't wait to listen with all of these images swirling round my brain. I think it will really bring out something in the music.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

msza2 wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 3:55pm
Wow, thanks Marky! Really evocative artwork! Can't wait to listen with all of these images swirling round my brain. I think it will really bring out something in the music.
Enjoy mate. And grab the Combat Rock deluxe set also.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia