Combat Rock Deluxe Edition

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Combat Rock Deluxe Edition

Post by dave202 »

Marky Dread wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 8:23am
dave202 wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 7:38am
Stefano1972 wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 2:40pm
I have only one word:
A M A Z I N G
Incredible labour of love, wonderful artwork and I’m sure the audio quality it will be extraordinary as usual.
I’m seeing you did a remaster of Up and Et Em also and it’s like to come back in past at that incredible period when I was waiting their next album after Sandinista and i found in a shop this crazy bootleg.
Thanks Marky, i can listen “Once you know” finally!!
I missed 'Up and At 'em,' anybody know a link?
"Interrupting All Programs" is "Up.and At 'Em". :kiss:
Ah, right, thanks Marky. This looks superb. It will be the end of next week when I can download it, so looking forward to it.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Last edited by Marky Dread on 02 Apr 2023, 11:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Telecaster
Dirty Punk

Post by Telecaster »

Marky Dread wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 4:45pm
Flex wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 4:14pm
Holy smokes, thanks Marky! This is CR as it should be presented. Fuck the record labels with a rusty screwdriver, this is the real deal. Love the sequencing just from looking at the artwork.

Quick questions: am I forgetting that CR was mixed to mono for an official release or is this a special Marky Dread mix?
There's a note in the file saying it was made specifically for this set. The Monaural mixes remove a layer of synthesized sounds and gives more power to the guitar. They sound great in my opinion. And it's another way to listen.
The mono mixes are fantastic Marky. They're punchy like 60's rock n roll records (if you know what I mean) and your mix reveals parts that were not as clear from the original stereo.

Thank you for another labour of love. Kudos to your audio skills.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Telecaster wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 3:43pm
Marky Dread wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 4:45pm
Flex wrote:
20 Mar 2023, 4:14pm
Holy smokes, thanks Marky! This is CR as it should be presented. Fuck the record labels with a rusty screwdriver, this is the real deal. Love the sequencing just from looking at the artwork.

Quick questions: am I forgetting that CR was mixed to mono for an official release or is this a special Marky Dread mix?
There's a note in the file saying it was made specifically for this set. The Monaural mixes remove a layer of synthesized sounds and gives more power to the guitar. They sound great in my opinion. And it's another way to listen.
The mono mixes are fantastic Marky. They're punchy like 60's rock n roll records (if you know what I mean) and your mix reveals parts that were not as clear from the original stereo.

Thank you for another labour of love. Kudos to your audio skills.
Yep I know exactly what you mean and thanks mate.😎

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

topperville
Dirty Punk

Post by topperville »

Wow! Cheers Marky! I’ll be trying to listen to the whole thing over the next few weeks. A question for you though if I may? The intro to First Night Back in London on the Rat Patrol disc - I’ve never heard that before - it wasn’t on the acetate? Is it just an added Markyism?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

topperville wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 5:10pm
Wow! Cheers Marky! I’ll be trying to listen to the whole thing over the next few weeks. A question for you though if I may? The intro to First Night Back in London on the Rat Patrol disc - I’ve never heard that before - it wasn’t on the acetate? Is it just an added Markyism?
Yes guilty as charged. I did it that way so it's now on the full version as opposed to the short edit.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

topperville
Dirty Punk

Post by topperville »

Marky Dread wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 5:17pm
topperville wrote:
Yes guilty as charged. I did it that way so it's now on the full version as opposed to the short edit.
You are guilty of nothing - apart from giving the fans what they want! Cheers!!!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

topperville wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 5:50pm
Marky Dread wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 5:17pm
topperville wrote:
You are guilty of nothing - apart from giving the fans what they want! Cheers!!!
Cheers mate.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

This is sounding amazing so far. Listening to the live Inoculated City and nice to hear Joe picking out individual notes on the guitar. It wasn't always "six strings or none."
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

APACHES67
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by APACHES67 »

Nice work Marky, as usual. Congrats. I understood you love this job

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
21 Mar 2023, 8:31pm
This is sounding amazing so far. Listening to the live Inoculated City and nice to hear Joe picking out individual notes on the guitar. It wasn't always "six strings or none."
Yeah I like that live version. Though Joe Strummer does sound better than Joe Picker. 🤣

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Equaliser
Dirty Punk

Post by Equaliser »

Wow!!! I don't check in for a couple of days and this was waiting for me!! Diving in now! Thanks again Marky, this looks great!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Equaliser wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 12:12pm
Wow!!! I don't check in for a couple of days and this was waiting for me!! Diving in now! Thanks again Marky, this looks great!
Cheers mate. 👍

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

In past, I remembered reading that Rat Patrol was supposed to be a double album. But in the interview with Kid jensen (november 1981) joe clearly says that the next album will be a single.

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Stefano1972 wrote:
22 Mar 2023, 4:55pm
In past, I remembered reading that Rat Patrol was supposed to be a double album. But in the interview with Kid jensen (november 1981) joe clearly says that the next album will be a single.
Yeah but Joe is referring to what will become Combat Rock. As he mentions they are recording at Electric Ladyland.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia