Combat Rock Deluxe Edition

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Combat Rock Deluxe Edition

Post by Marky Dread »

Cheers VLADI and blureu. Enjoy guys.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Unless you have plans for a big-ass CtC set, this is about it for you now, no? You've put together a king's ransom of sets for every studio album now. If this is it, I want to say thank you for all of them. I can't imagine any other band's fanbase has been this lucky to have something with the ability and resources and, especially, inclination to construct these documents that come as close to definitional as we might get (note: I hate when shit gets called definitive, but it's hard to avoid it here). Thank you, so much.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 5:45pm
Unless you have plans for a big-ass CtC set, this is about it for you now, no? You've put together a king's ransom of sets for every studio album now. If this is it, I want to say thank you for all of them. I can't imagine any other band's fanbase has been this lucky to have something with the ability and resources and, especially, inclination to construct these documents that come as close to definitional as we might get (note: I hate when shit gets called definitive, but it's hard to avoid it here). Thank you, so much.
Well I'm currently re-working the first album. Remember the last one I sent to you and you said it didn't sound much different?

I put it down at the time to you having cloth ears as you've admitted as such in the past. I shared it also with TeddyB, Laxman and I think maybe Heston.

Anyway I was a bit kinda miffed by the muted responses. As I thought personally that it was the best version I'd ever heard. So I dug it out and played it a few days back and was stunned that it didn't sound how I remembered it. Then I re-checked the file only to find there were two lots of files and the one I had marked as finished was the pre-mix. This is what I uploaded to you. And you were right all along it doesn't sound much different. But the other file sounds fantastic!

So I've decided to play a little more and make a box set with all the demos and sessions plus some live remasters from 1976 and 1977.

No not finished as yet. But thanks for the kind words always appreciated. :approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 8:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 5:45pm
Well I'm currently re-working the first album. Remember the last one I sent to you and you said it didn't sound much different?

I put it down at the time to you having cloth ears as you've admitted as such in the past.
:sad:
I shared it also with TeddyB, Laxman and I think maybe Heston.

Anyway I was a bit kinda miffed by the muted responses. As I thought personally that it was the best version I'd ever heard. So I dug it out and played it a few days back and was stunned that it didn't sound how I remembered it. Then I re-checked the file only to find there were two lots of files and the one I had marked as finished was the pre-mix. This is what I uploaded to you. And you were right all along it doesn't sound much different.
:approve:

:shifty:
But the other file sounds fantastic!

So I've decided to play a little more and make a box set with all the demos and sessions plus some live remasters from 1976 and 1977.

No not finished as yet. But thanks for the kind words always appreciated. :approve:
Very nice! Of all the possible improvement projects, the first album is the one I'd especially point to. Not exactly "more Paul" but something that fakes more Paul by achieving more lower end. Maybe the first record will never surpass LC as my favourite, but, damn, I want it to be a tougher choice.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Hello Marky,

If you retired now, we cannot repay our debt.

I would like to hear more cleaned up early live sessions - in studio but mostly live at various clubs. I don't know if this is do-able but I'm wish-listing.

Again, thank you too much!

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Decided to actually give this a listen before doing the usual compliments as soon as it appears, so forgive me Marky for the delay
Once again you have excelled yourself. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say We Are Not Worthy.
Brilliant from start to finish. All hail Innoculated City, but there are many more gems here as well. Great artwork as per.
Take a bow, Sir.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
28 Mar 2023, 3:06pm
Decided to actually give this a listen before doing the usual compliments as soon as it appears, so forgive me Marky for the delay
Once again you have excelled yourself. I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say We Are Not Worthy.
Brilliant from start to finish. All hail Innoculated City, but there are many more gems here as well. Great artwork as per.
Take a bow, Sir.
Cheers mate. Always makes the time and effort worthwhile knowing others are getting enjoyment from these projects. 👍

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

Hi Marky, why not hypothesize a last Clash album from 1985 with Joe and Mick still togheter with a selection of remixed tracks between Cut the crap and This is BAD?
I'm not a mixer tech but I was wondering if this is possible?
Something like, “how would the story have gone if…”
Cheers
Stefano

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Stefano1972 wrote:
28 Mar 2023, 5:52pm
Hi Marky, why not hypothesize a last Clash album from 1985 with Joe and Mick still togheter with a selection of remixed tracks between Cut the crap and This is BAD?
Cheers
Stefano
Well I guess that's an idea. But I wouldn't want to mix up the two records. One is very forward thinking and fresh for the era. The other is desperately trying to sound new and failing miserably.

Somewhere between TIBAD and No. 10, Upping St. are the ideas for the next Clash album. Maybe a couple of songs from CtC could've been used but they would've sounded very different.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Mar 2023, 5:09am
Stefano1972 wrote:
Cheers
Stefano
Well I guess that's an idea. But I wouldn't want to mix up the two records. One is very forward thinking and fresh for the era. The other is desperately trying to sound new and failing miserably.

Somewhere between TIBAD and No. 10, Upping St. are the ideas for the next Clash album. Maybe a couple of songs from CtC could've been used but they would've sounded very different.
Or maybe some TRAC songs would have made it to a 1984 Clash album?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
29 Mar 2023, 6:16am
Marky Dread wrote:
29 Mar 2023, 5:09am
Stefano1972 wrote:
Cheers
Stefano

Or maybe some TRAC songs would have made it to a 1984 Clash album?
Trans Cash Pay One (think that's the title) became Bottom Line and I think Euroshima would've been awesome in a similar vein to Combat Rock.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

york
Corner Soul

Post by york »

thank you Marky

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

york wrote:
31 Mar 2023, 6:09pm
thank you Marky
Cheers york.👍

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

paulsbrown
Corner Soul

Post by paulsbrown »

This is amazing. Thank you once again Marky.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

paulsbrown wrote:
01 Apr 2023, 3:42am
This is amazing. Thank you once again Marky.
Cheers paul.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia