Combat Rock Deluxe Edition

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Combat Rock Deluxe Edition

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
24 Mar 2023, 5:24pm
Spunk didn't affect Virgin's investment in the least. It was Branson's cousin who was behind the boot at Branson's behest. Branson was sick and tired of Mclaren constantly changing the track listing for the forth coming Bollocks album and delaying release. So to get his own back he arranged the release of the Spunk sessions. He also pissed McLaren off by getting Barclay in France to release the Bollocks album before the UK edition. No financial damage to Virgin occurred because Branson knew it was the most awaited album of the times. It went straight to number one on advanced orders alone.
Ah, right, you told me that some time ago, but I forgot. The swindler McLaren couldn't outcon.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Red Angel
Junco Partner

Post by Red Angel »

10 chapters each with its own importance covering the "Combat Rock" era very well. I have to ask you a question about disc 02, on "First Night Back in London" the introduction from the version of "The People's Hall" has been added and at the end of the disc there is a bonus track, there are other variations compared to the songs on acetate? :?:
Music is the only thing that matters

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Red Angel wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 6:06am
10 chapters each with its own importance covering the "Combat Rock" era very well. I have to ask you a question about disc 02, on "First Night Back in London" the introduction from the version of "The People's Hall" has been added and at the end of the disc there is a bonus track, there are other variations compared to the songs on acetate? :?:
I did answer the question of FNBiL further up. I added the intro to the full version of the track over having it on the edited version.

That bonus track is the short clip that was included on Clash DVD with Hell W10. I've just worked on it to make it longer.

Yes there are other takes etc that Mick has. TeddyB did mention elsewhere that Mick had intended to include another version of Inoculated City but it couldn't be located in time for the People's Hall sadly.

But that take wouldn't have been on Rat Patrol.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

About Rat Patrol/Combat Rock, i was listening a recording of an interview to Joe and Mick for their show in Honk Kong, febraury 1982. As Joe said to Kid Jensen on november 1981, they confirm it will be a single album. But in this interview in Hong Kong, Joe says also “with a 45rpm inside”.
P.s. Link for interview here http://blackmarketclash.co.uk/Pages/Gig ... 0Kong.html

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Stefano1972 wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 9:58am
About Rat Patrol/Combat Rock, i was listening a recording of an interview to Joe and Mick for their show in Honk Kong, febraury 1982. As Joe said to Kid Jensen on november 1981, they confirm it will be a single album. But in this interview in Hong Kong, Joe says also “with a 45rpm inside”.
P.s. Link for interview here http://blackmarketclash.co.uk/Pages/Gig ... 0Kong.html
Yep originally intended was to include a 12" single at 45rpm. Most likely containing the extended New York mix of Overpowered by Funk aka "Funk Out".

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Red Angel
Junco Partner

Post by Red Angel »

Marky Dread wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 9:27am
Red Angel wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 6:06am
I did answer the question of FNBiL further up. I added the intro to the full version of the track over having it on the edited version.

That bonus track is the short clip that was included on Clash DVD with Hell W10. I've just worked on it to make it longer.

Yes there are other takes etc that Mick has. TeddyB did mention elsewhere that Mick had intended to include another version of Inoculated City but it couldn't be located in time for the People's Hall sadly.

But that take wouldn't have been on Rat Patrol.
Thanks for the info :mrgreen:
Music is the only thing that matters

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

Marky Dread wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 11:32am
Stefano1972 wrote:
Yep originally intended was to include a 12" single at 45rpm. Most likely containing the extended New York mix of Overpowered by Funk aka "Funk Out".
Thanks Marky! So, i think we have all the tracks originally recorded for Rat Patrol/Combat Rock. Have a nice weekend mate!

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Stefano1972 wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 3:03pm
Marky Dread wrote:
25 Mar 2023, 11:32am
Stefano1972 wrote:
Thanks Marky! So, i think we have all the tracks originally recorded for Rat Patrol/Combat Rock. Have a nice weekend mate!
Yes we do have all the intended for release tracks. Cheers you too mate.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

cat
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by cat »

Thanks Marky, Much appreciate the hard work and the sharing, Top Man.

drowninghere
Long Time Jerk

Post by drowninghere »

Thanks Marky - haven't had a chance to listen to much yet but Innoculated City (from Rat Patrol) sounds fantastic!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Thanks cat and drowninghere appreciated. 👍👍

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

chocolatejesus
Dirty Punk

Post by chocolatejesus »

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

chocolatejesus wrote:
27 Mar 2023, 12:09pm
🤣 cheers mate.👍

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

VLADI
Dirty Punk

Post by VLADI »

Thank you very much Marky, another amazing work. I'm really enjoying the resequenced cd

Cool confusion version is great and the sequence of tracks works very well.

;)

blureu
Dirty Punk

Post by blureu »

disregard this post. Was looking for the download link and just found it. Thanks Marky!