The Clash Live At Harlesden Coliseum, 1970s London, Etc. Video Footage

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: The Clash Live At Harlesden Coliseum, 1970s London, Etc. Video Footage

Post by Marky Dread »

APACHES67 wrote:
23 Apr 2023, 3:36am
Marky Dread wrote:
22 Apr 2023, 12:23pm
APACHES67 wrote:
22 Apr 2023, 8:54am
The Kinolibrary videos always cut and short....unuseful videos!
Deliberately to entice someone to pay for usage. Nice to know the film footage exist though.
Indeed. kinolibrary is really annoying, just like Getty Images
Annoying because they are not free?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

APACHES67
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by APACHES67 »

Marky Dread wrote:
23 Apr 2023, 4:33am
APACHES67 wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
APACHES67 wrote:
Deliberately to entice someone to pay for usage. Nice to know the film footage exist though.
Of Course...they annoy me because they want Money For videos and photos

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

APACHES67 wrote:
23 Apr 2023, 6:07pm
Marky Dread wrote:
APACHES67 wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
APACHES67 wrote:
Are we getting annoyed with Kino or the rightsholders. Surely Kino are just a platform for the likes of Letts and Temple to advertise their spoils.
I have no problem with these blokes making money out of their endeavours, but the avenue for them to release their stuff need to be there. I'm sure Don was aching for the Bonds stuff to be put out there on the anniversary but he was being told it was a no-go.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
24 Apr 2023, 2:40am
APACHES67 wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
APACHES67 wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Are we getting annoyed with Kino or the rightsholders. Surely Kino are just a platform for the likes of Letts and Temple to advertise their spoils.
I have no problem with these blokes making money out of their endeavours, but the avenue for them to release their stuff need to be there. I'm sure Don was aching for the Bonds stuff to be put out there on the anniversary but he was being told it was a no-go.
I really wish I'd charged you all for my remasters now. I have no problem with people making their money either. You don't get much for free these days. Unless you know a sucker called Marky. 😉

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Marky Dread wrote:
24 Apr 2023, 8:20am
white man wrote:
24 Apr 2023, 2:40am
APACHES67 wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
APACHES67 wrote:

I really wish I'd charged you all for my remasters now. I have no problem with people making their money either. You don't get much for free these days. Unless you know a sucker called Marky. 😉
;) ;) ;)

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

I did email Kino asking if we could purchase their clips and full concerts were available. I got a response basically saying they only license the footage (which we already knew, but I figured I'd try) and asked me about "my project."

I'm trying to think if I were Don or Temple what I'd want with this footage. It does appear to get licensed every ten years or so. I'm thinking the "official" WMHP video and obviously the footage Temple used in his own film. I guess that's better than getting zero licensing money. It's a bit of a bummer though since we are probably never going to get fuller clips or shows. One option would be similar to what I proposed for the band's audio recordings which would be to make them available for purchase via Nugs or something similar as they do have video recordings there. Not sure how that would work between Don's rights and the band's/record company's.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

matedog wrote:
24 Apr 2023, 11:44am
I did email Kino asking if we could purchase their clips and full concerts were available. I got a response basically saying they only license the footage (which we already knew, but I figured I'd try) and asked me about "my project."

I'm trying to think if I were Don or Temple what I'd want with this footage. It does appear to get licensed every ten years or so. I'm thinking the "official" WMHP video and obviously the footage Temple used in his own film. I guess that's better than getting zero licensing money. It's a bit of a bummer though since we are probably never going to get fuller clips or shows. One option would be similar to what I proposed for the band's audio recordings which would be to make them available for purchase via Nugs or something similar as they do have video recordings there. Not sure how that would work between Don's rights and the band's/record company's.
Money is an abomination.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
24 Apr 2023, 5:06pm
matedog wrote:

Money is an abomination.
Money is not our God!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

matedog wrote:

Don't think the record company are the problem here. It's been alluded to by Teddy.
Personally I'm working on the basis that the stuff will never be seen.

matedog

Post by matedog »

Still thinking about that Monterey footage. Looks like the guy retired and never responded to my last email a few years back. This is awful to say, but maybe when he passes his kids will do something it it. He’s licensed it a single time, 16 years ago.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

matedog wrote:
24 Apr 2023, 11:46pm
Still thinking about that Monterey footage. Looks like the guy retired and never responded to my last email a few years back. This is awful to say, but maybe when he passes his kids will do something it it. He’s licensed it a single time, 16 years ago.
I was told by DD's assistant that Julien paid DD $5K for that 2-to-3 second footage in TFIU.

matedog

Post by matedog »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
25 Apr 2023, 2:59am
matedog wrote:
24 Apr 2023, 11:46pm
I was told by DD's assistant that Julien paid DD $5K for that 2-to-3 second footage in TFIU.
I see why he didn't like my $1K offer for everything. Thank you Julien for at least getting probably the best footage from the show out there.