4" Be 2"

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

4" Be 2"

Post by Marky Dread »

Attachments
4'' Be 2'' - Frustration [1] Booklet.jpg
4'' Be 2'' - Frustration [3] Rear.jpg

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: 4" Be 2"

Post by Marky Dread »

Attachments
4'' Be 2'' - One of the Lads [1] Booklet.jpg
4'' Be 2'' - One of the Lads [3] Rear.jpg

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Attachments
4'' Be 2''s - All Of The Lads [1] Booklet.jpg
4'' Be 2''s - All Of The Lads [3] Rear.jpg

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

The Lydon's and O'Donnell's Family Album.
https://mega.nz/file/b2RjiJxa#t_iqriPl3 ... BES79bIrSM

There are some bawdy tracks on this in the vein of Friggin' in the Riggin'.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Thanks so much for all this stuff, man!

A supplementary question, inspired by a quick look at the credits on your sleeves: that book also claims that father Lydon was part of the band, which seemed like nonsense to me. I assume, then, that in your view it is nonsense?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Apr 2023, 8:45am

A supplementary question, inspired by a quick look at the credits on your sleeves: that book also claims that father Lydon was part of the band, which seemed like nonsense to me. I assume, then, that in your view it is nonsense?
Not exactly as I think he may have played banjo on one of the tracks. Not a band member though. But like a lot of this stuff it's very shady info.

Here's the video for "One of the Lads".

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
18 Apr 2023, 9:10am
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Not exactly as I think he may have played banjo on one of the tracks. Not a band member though. But like a lot of this stuff it's very shady info.

I watched that yesterday—fun, messy stuff.

That you say there’s a lot of shady info about it is, perhaps, an out for the author of that KJ book. If his stuff on 4” Be 2” seems questionable, well, maybe it’s due to sketchy evidence.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Apr 2023, 9:26am
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

That you say there’s a lot of shady info about it is, perhaps, an out for the author of that KJ book. If his stuff on 4” Be 2” seems questionable, well, maybe it’s due to sketchy evidence.
Purposely sketchey evidence. Like on their 12" singles saying produced by J. Lydon.

Some speculation on Jimmy Lydon, John Lydon Snr (Father) or his nibs John Lydon (Rotten). When asked about his involvement with 4" be 2" all John would say is he remembered getting drunk and sleeping under the mixing desk.

Remember Jock McDonald is the guy responsible for MCB records who brought out all those dodgy Pistols knock offs in the 80s with dodgy titles. Like the 10th Anniversary album you bought.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
18 Apr 2023, 9:50am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Purposely sketchey evidence. Like on their 12" singles saying produced by J. Lydon.

Some speculation on Jimmy Lydon, John Lydon Snr (Father) or his nibs John Lydon (Rotten). When asked about his involvement with 4" be 2" all John would say is he remembered getting drunk and sleeping under the mixing desk.

Remember Jock McDonald is the guy responsible for MCB records who brought out all those dodgy Pistols knock offs in the 80s with dodgy titles. Like the 10th Anniversary album you bought.
The book I’m reading has Youth claiming he spent time with Rotten, watching him and learning (but also, yeah, he was drunk and passed out a lot).

(I can’t hate that 10th anniversary boot because of the fantastic cover. I’d wager to say it’s my favourite Pistol-related shirt I’ve ever owned.)

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Apr 2023, 10:26am
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

The book I’m reading has Youth claiming he spent time with Rotten, watching him and learning (but also, yeah, he was drunk and passed out a lot).

(I can’t hate that 10th anniversary boot because of the fantastic cover. I’d wager to say it’s my favourite Pistol-related shirt I’ve ever owned.)
Youth came from Slough which is a 5 mile drive from Reading where I lived for 50 plus years. Both are just a 30 min drive to London. So Youth would definitely have had access to John when he lived in Gunter Grove. Plus the PiL and Killing Joke camps were close. I went to Gunter Grove once and John kindly signed my PiL t shirt. He invited me in but I said I wanted to go to the pub to show my mates I'd gotten his autograph. He laughed and said that t shirt is devalued now.

A few days later my mum washed that shirt and the autograph faded away. :disshame:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
18 Apr 2023, 10:36am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Youth came from Slough which is a 5 mile drive from Reading where I lived for 50 plus years. Both are just a 30 min drive to London. So Youth would definitely have had access to John when he lived in Gunter Grove. Plus the PiL and Killing Joke camps were close. I went to Gunter Grove once and John kindly signed my PiL t shirt. He invited me in but I said I wanted to go to the pub to show my mates I'd gotten his autograph. He laughed and said that t shirt is devalued now.

A few days later my mum washed that shirt and the autograph faded away. :disshame:
:lol: Mothers …

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Apr 2023, 11:15am
Marky Dread wrote:
18 Apr 2023, 10:36am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

:lol: Mothers …
Well she meant well. She's always been pretty cool with stuff though. Bought me a Sex Pistols Bollocks t shirt as a replacement. Considering she is very religious she never once complained about any of the punk stuff. Always saw it as a form of expression.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
18 Apr 2023, 11:44am
Well she meant well. She's always been pretty cool with stuff though. Bought me a Sex Pistols Bollocks t shirt as a replacement. Considering she is very religious she never once complained about any of the punk stuff. Always saw it as a form of expression.
Mine too. At her funeral, my contribution to one of the eulogies was her going to Saskatoon (one of the two decent-sized cities in the province) and me giving her a list of albums to pick up for me. So this woman in her 60s walked in and asked for records by Dead Kennedys and Buzzcocks. Didn't blink an eye, I'm sure. Couldn't stand the music, of course, but she did tell me that if she'd been born decades later, she probably would have been a punk. She got the appeal of accepting yourself and not giving a fuck what other people thought.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Apr 2023, 12:24pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Mine too. At her funeral, my contribution to one of the eulogies was her going to Saskatoon (one of the two decent-sized cities in the province) and me giving her a list of albums to pick up for me. So this woman in her 60s walked in and asked for records by Dead Kennedys and Buzzcocks. Didn't blink an eye, I'm sure. Couldn't stand the music, of course, but she did tell me that if she'd been born decades later, she probably would have been a punk. She got the appeal of accepting yourself and not giving a fuck what other people thought.
Excellent. She sounds like a fine woman with great spirit.

I remember once going into town with my mum and I had my hair all spiked up. We're on the bus and some guy looks at me and says "do you think you're a bog (toilet) brush". My mum without missing a beat just retorts with "useful for getting rid of little turds like you". 🤣

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
18 Apr 2023, 12:45pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Apr 2023, 12:24pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Excellent. She sounds like a fine woman with great spirit.

I remember once going into town with my mum and I had my hair all spiked up. We're on the bus and some guy looks at me and says "do you think you're a bog (toilet) brush". My mum without missing a beat just retorts with "useful for getting rid of little turds like you". 🤣
:lol: Brilliant. Mothers understand better than anyone the "only I can rip into my kid" principle.