Patriots Of The Wasteland box set.

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: Patriots Of The Wasteland box set.

Post by Wolter »

Stefano1972 wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 1:41pm
Wolter wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 9:45am
Stefano1972 wrote:
16 Sep 2023, 2:50pm
Who knows what their concert lineup would have been if there had been a tour after CTC.
I don't think they would have continued to always start their shows with London Calling and Safe European Home.
Maybe they would have started with Are you ready and Glue zombie and finished with We are the Clash, North and South and This is England.
P.s. Maybe the new songs would have been heard too, Shouting Street, Love Kills…
I suspect, unless it was woodshedded later, Glue Zombie would not be in those setlists. I don't think it made it even to May of 84 before being removed. I always liked it, myself, but it seems to have been culled early.
I don't agree with your point of view. During the 1985 summer tour, of the new songs only "Three Card Trick" was performed.
I really don't think they would have started a new tour with just one song from the new repertoire.
Yeah, but they had songs that were actually on an album to put on a full tour, songs that they actually kept playing live through may and into the Miner's benefit shows, so I think GZ ended up in the same place some of those 1976 tracks did: the bootlegger's domain only.

You can disagree with me, but it fell off the setlist pretty much first, long before holdouts like Jericho that didn't make the album either.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Final point: any album that allows room for Fingerpoppin' is an album that they didn't feel had any other options (even if they were wrong)
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

chocolatejesus
Dirty Punk

Post by chocolatejesus »

Yeah but can you imagine a world without Fingerpoppin?

PhilS
Corner Soul

Post by PhilS »

This is an incredible piece of work. Hats off big time.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

chocolatejesus wrote:
21 Sep 2023, 6:11am
Yeah but can you imagine a world without Fingerpoppin?

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 30/8f6.gif
Lmfao
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The amount of talking shop here is an insult to real Clash fans! :angry:
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Wolter wrote:
20 Sep 2023, 7:41pm
Stefano1972 wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 1:41pm
Wolter wrote:
18 Sep 2023, 9:45am
Stefano1972 wrote:
16 Sep 2023, 2:50pm
Who knows what their concert lineup would have been if there had been a tour after CTC.
I don't think they would have continued to always start their shows with London Calling and Safe European Home.
Maybe they would have started with Are you ready and Glue zombie and finished with We are the Clash, North and South and This is England.
P.s. Maybe the new songs would have been heard too, Shouting Street, Love Kills…
I suspect, unless it was woodshedded later, Glue Zombie would not be in those setlists. I don't think it made it even to May of 84 before being removed. I always liked it, myself, but it seems to have been culled early.
I don't agree with your point of view. During the 1985 summer tour, of the new songs only "Three Card Trick" was performed.
I really don't think they would have started a new tour with just one song from the new repertoire.
Yeah, but they had songs that were actually on an album to put on a full tour, songs that they actually kept playing live through may and into the Miner's benefit shows, so I think GZ ended up in the same place some of those 1976 tracks did: the bootlegger's domain only.

You can disagree with me, but it fell off the setlist pretty much first, long before holdouts like Jericho that didn't make the album either.
Yeah GZ didn't make it past February 84. Jericho came and went all the way to the December shows.

Those summer festivals are pretty weird for only doing one CTC show. I suppose as a festival, they wanted to keep it broadly appealing. The busking tour just a month or two beforehand featured a lot of CTC material so presumably they would have toured those songs on a proper headlining tour.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

I don't care if some of the so-called "real fans" of the Clash turn up their noses but, in my opinion this is one of the best live performances of Straight To Hell…

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

JChampion
Sightsee MC

Post by JChampion »

motorsmell wrote:
20 Sep 2023, 3:57pm
Another Gerrard product....excellent companion to Markys box set...I got mine

https://lastpunkrockersrecords.bigcarte ... uring-rain
I downloaded the "Mohawk Revenge" when it was released to the forum and really liked it a lot.
I just went to the site thru the link provided and I'm guessing that the different color vinyls have a different b-side?
Just one vinyl single of In The Pourin Rain is gonna be over $20.
How much different is it from the high quality live track and Marky's quality box set versions?

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

JChampion wrote:
21 Sep 2023, 9:50pm
motorsmell wrote:
20 Sep 2023, 3:57pm
Another Gerrard product....excellent companion to Markys box set...I got mine

https://lastpunkrockersrecords.bigcarte ... uring-rain
I downloaded the "Mohawk Revenge" when it was released to the forum and really liked it a lot.
I just went to the site thru the link provided and I'm guessing that the different color vinyls have a different b-side?
Just one vinyl single of In The Pourin Rain is gonna be over $20.
How much different is it from the high quality live track and Marky's quality box set versions?
Different covers/ Different colours
https://www.discogs.com/release/2798893 ... uring-Rain

Red Angel
Junco Partner

Post by Red Angel »

Stefano1972 wrote:
21 Sep 2023, 3:28pm
I don't care if some of the so-called "real fans" of the Clash turn up their noses but, in my opinion this is one of the best live performances of Straight To Hell…
The world is beautiful because it is variable.
Music is the only thing that matters

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Red Angel wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 9:25am
Stefano1972 wrote:
Right, agreed
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

Red Angel wrote:
22 Sep 2023, 9:25am
Stefano1972 wrote:
🤣

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung