Nick Sheppard Interview And Pics

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Panic

Nick Sheppard Interview And Pics

Post by Panic »

More to do with the cortinas than the clash, still interesting.

http://bristolarchiverecords.com/bands/ ... QandA.html

CorwoodRep
Unknown Immortal

Re: Nick Sheppard Interview And Pics

Post by CorwoodRep »

You know, just based off Nick's demeanor in that interview, I think and have only just now realized that a lot of the frustration people have with Clash II is that they were a goddamn incendiary, awesome punk band. They were totally distinct from the Clash but got sabotaged, were never given a fair shake, and have become a laughing stock through the ineptitude of the band's handlers. Imagine seeing a great Clash II show, probably about the best punk show you could see in '84, and never being able to convince your friends that even the Cut the Crap material was exciting and fresh music at the time. If Cut the Crap was recorded live in studio and included the road-tested unreleased songs, it might have been the best album of '85. Instead fans got an embarrassing and shameful piece of shit. What if Psychocandy was, at the last second, rewritten entirely for the accordion?
"Put down the meth, boy." - TeddyB, 2013.

simo
Long Time Jerk

Post by simo »

I listened to the CTC demos a while back...not nearly as bad. I thought the demo version of This Is England was really good with just Joe singing and not the lame stadium chants.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

I think there are great songs on that record recorded really badly - something that happened later on with another record I was involved with...
Hah!

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Also:
What if Psychocandy was, at the last second, rewritten entirely for the accordion?
Hah!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:Also:
What if Psychocandy was, at the last second, rewritten entirely for the accordion?
Hah!
Someone once put on a mix tape a cover of "Never Understand" that was primarily trumpet. Not half bad, either.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Post by Guest »

DrugProwlingWolf wrote:You know, just based off Nick's demeanor in that interview, I think and have only just now realized that a lot of the frustration people have with Clash II is that they were a goddamn incendiary, awesome punk band. They were totally distinct from the Clash but got sabotaged, were never given a fair shake, and have become a laughing stock through the ineptitude of the band's handlers. Imagine seeing a great Clash II show, probably about the best punk show you could see in '84, and never being able to convince your friends that even the Cut the Crap material was exciting and fresh music at the time. If Cut the Crap was recorded live in studio and included the road-tested unreleased songs, it might have been the best album of '85. Instead fans got an embarrassing and shameful piece of shit. What if Psychocandy was, at the last second, rewritten entirely for the accordion?
Agree..