The Clash Tribal stomp festival, California 090879 RESTORED

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: The Clash Tribal stomp festival, California 090879 RESTORED

Post by matedog »

Fuck it. Here’s the response I got in 2010 when trying to help Danny with Rise and Fall:
Who Are You ? An Attorney,an Agent, a Producer, an Interested Party,
A Partner, how do you relate to this story ? Second until now all correspondence with Mr. Garcia has been a complete waist of time and
not real at all from my perspective !

He was not offering anything of substance in regards to footage price,rights,indemnity, ect. ! I therefore was giving nothing back so how are you any different in this regard ? Film making my man is a business first and foremost and not a dreamy glory sport for fools folly so let us get that straight immediately if we are to continue talk at all !

I do not like Corporate or for that matter Artistic Raiders making there precious little films for nothing on the backs of Filmmakers that were
in the trenches doing the hard work back in the day and now getting nothing for there hard efforts. Exploitation by Venture Vulture types exploiting to a great degree at some future date in time for there precious little new films is simply not where I'm at !

These new generation filmmakers were never there in the first place back in the day so why should I care about this project at all in my mind you are just in a long line of pretenders at best and that is not cool at all in my book especially when being unreasonable about footage value !

By the way neither would Joe Strummer like Daniels aforementioned low ball tactics in regards to footage value bless his ever loving sole ! So again tell me how you and yours are any different in the end at this point in time then you were when we first communicated in regards to footage
value ?

By the way the limited footage you saw is exactly what the whole performance looks like. There is no difference what so ever in Quality just different performance footage. In other words what you have seen up to this point is exactly what you would get in Quality but different performance action !

Now to answer all your questions in the order in which asked and by the numbers !

1. Was it a multi-camera shoot?
2. Do you have audio associated with it? If so, is it soundboard quality ?
3. How much do you charge to use pieces of footage ?
4. How much would you sell the entire film for ?
5. Are you actively looking to release this footage ?

1) NO !

2) YES / NO !

3) A LOT / HE WHO SPEAKS FIRST LOSES !

4) I WOULD NOT SELL THE ENTIRE FOOTAGE AS A BUYOUT WHOLE NO WAY NO HOW !

5) RESPECTFULLY IT ISN'T REALLY ANY OF YOUR BUSINESS REALLY IS IT ?

Yes Andrew this could be a bother unless you and yours are going to be real in regards to your intentions and your pocketbook. I'm sorry if Mr. Gracia was or is on a low budget and doesn't have money to spend in the worlds most expensive art form !

My suggestion would be to do a hella lot of fund raising and get a budget. That is if you want any of this mostly unreleased footage for his project!
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog

Post by matedog »

I reached out in 2013 about buying it independently and offered $500 for a digital copy I could distribute for free. His response:
The audio on the web I already have from way before it was on the web. Oh and yes you are off base I do not wish to sell my copyrighted footage of the Clash in Monterey Performance at all. I especially do not want the video to be put on the web as a collectors Freebie video ever. Nor if you will for any other use for that mater unless it is a commercial paying limited use project. Thanks for the thought on the Footage and remembering me I'm Impressed (Smile) a Blast form the past so to speak
However sorry but in No Way do I want to do that with the footage that I toiled so hard over to capture thanks though !!!...
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog

Post by matedog »

Per Briggy, he got $5K for the 3 seconds in Future is Unwritten. That may have skewed his expectations.

XRCF
Junco Partner

Post by XRCF »

matedog wrote:
04 Nov 2023, 10:15am
XRCF wrote:
03 Nov 2023, 4:39pm
Thanks bazarboy75 as always!

Does anyone have contact info for the guy who owns the footage?
I'd like to ask him a few things
Thanks.
I do, but he hasn’t responded to emails I sent over the last few years. It was a work email and I think he’s retired. Or he’s tired of me.

What kind of questions do you have for him? I asked him a few early on that he responded to.
Has he had the footage scanned to digital or is the film just rotting in a box somewhere?
What is the resolution and frames per second ?
Would he be in favour of uploading a timecoded watermarked low quality copy of the video so atleast we have something?
What does he hope to achieve by hogging the film?
because like apart for a small group of people no one could give a shit about his special film, it isnt going to make him a millionaire at most he could sell a dvd/bluray/digital copy of the film for 25 quid a pop.
Last edited by XRCF on 04 Nov 2023, 11:05am, edited 1 time in total.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀https://xrcf.xyz/
ImageImage
My mega links never die!

XRCF
Junco Partner

Post by XRCF »

matedog wrote:
04 Nov 2023, 10:32am
Per Briggy, he got $5K for the 3 seconds in Future is Unwritten. That may have skewed his expectations.
That's putting it nicely
ImageImage
My mega links never die!

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

matedog wrote:
04 Nov 2023, 10:20am
Fuck it. Here’s the response I got in 2010 when trying to help Danny with Rise and Fall:
A Partner, how do you relate to this story ? Second until now all correspondence with Mr. Garcia has been a complete waist of time and

He was not offering anything of substance in regards to footage price,rights,indemnity, ect. ! I therefore was giving nothing back so how are you any different in this regard ? Film making my man is a business first and foremost and not a dreamy glory sport for fools folly so let us get that straight immediately if we are to continue talk at all !

I do not like Corporate or for that matter Artistic Raiders making there precious little films for nothing on the backs of Filmmakers that were
in the trenches doing the hard work back in the day and now getting nothing for there hard efforts. Exploitation by Venture Vulture types exploiting to a great degree at some future date in time for there precious little new films is simply not where I'm at !

These new generation filmmakers were never there in the first place back in the day so why should I care about this project at all in my mind you are just in a long line of pretenders at best and that is not cool at all in my book especially when being unreasonable about footage value !

By the way neither would Joe Strummer like Daniels aforementioned low ball tactics in regards to footage value bless his ever loving sole ! So again tell me how you and yours are any different in the end at this point in time then you were when we first communicated in regards to footage
value ?

By the way the limited footage you saw is exactly what the whole performance looks like. There is no difference what so ever in Quality just different performance footage. In other words what you have seen up to this point is exactly what you would get in Quality but different performance action !

Now to answer all your questions in the order in which asked and by the numbers !

1) NO !

2) YES / NO !

Yes Andrew this could be a bother unless you and yours are going to be real in regards to your intentions and your pocketbook. I'm sorry if Mr. Gracia was or is on a low budget and doesn't have money to spend in the worlds most expensive art form !

My suggestion would be to do a hella lot of fund raising and get a budget. That is if you want any of this mostly unreleased footage for his project!
Wow, just wow. What an asshat.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

matedog wrote:
04 Nov 2023, 10:21am
I reached out in 2013 about buying it independently and offered $500 for a digital copy I could distribute for free. His response:
The audio on the web I already have from way before it was on the web. Oh and yes you are off base I do not wish to sell my copyrighted footage of the Clash in Monterey Performance at all. I especially do not want the video to be put on the web as a collectors Freebie video ever. Nor if you will for any other use for that mater unless it is a commercial paying limited use project. Thanks for the thought on the Footage and remembering me I'm Impressed (Smile) a Blast form the past so to speak
However sorry but in No Way do I want to do that with the footage that I toiled so hard over to capture thanks though !!!...
Then, it is said, the gentleman who owned the video, in order to share it with all of us, would also have requested two slices of ass for each subscriber...

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

yetaca
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by yetaca »

matedog wrote:
04 Nov 2023, 10:20am

value ?

1) NO !

2) YES / NO !

Upon re-reading this for first time in 13 yrs I've come to a shocking conclusion: The filmer is Bernie Rhodes lol

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
I hope you asked him at what time did he require you to drop your pants.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

Marky Dread wrote:
04 Nov 2023, 5:00pm
matedog wrote:
I hope you asked him at what time did he require you to drop your pants.
:mrgreen:

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

and... a cover waiting the flac files ;)
Attachments
CLASH MONTEREY 79.jpg

- Carl Gustav Jung

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

Fabulous sounding. Good show. Mick's effects aren't raging. No phaser or chorus drowning all definition or dynamics as at the NY Palladium. Joe's Telecaster is a-clangin' up in the mix and in a semblance of tune with the band. Nice. 80 is when they are in full control and start getting to be a tight unit but here there're still a bit of shambles. The good shambles not the burnt out exhausted shambles that they could hit in 81 and sometimes 82.

One thing still gnaws at me though. This show is the only one I remember hearing Mick do that different vocal bit on the coda of SEH. Which he also does in Rude Boy. Between the two I still can't make out what he's saying besides, "I'll never forget you." It haunts me.
I'm so punk, I don't even take my leather jacket off when it catches fire. Which it does frequently, because of how fucking punk I am.

XRCF
Junco Partner

Post by XRCF »

Bankrobber wrote:
04 Nov 2023, 8:05pm
Fabulous sounding. Good show. Mick's effects aren't raging. No phaser or chorus drowning all definition or dynamics as at the NY Palladium. Joe's Telecaster is a-clangin' up in the mix and in a semblance of tune with the band. Nice. 80 is when they are in full control and start getting to be a tight unit but here there're still a bit of shambles. The good shambles not the burnt out exhausted shambles that they could hit in 81 and sometimes 82.

One thing still gnaws at me though. This show is the only one I remember hearing Mick do that different vocal bit on the coda of SEH. Which he also does in Rude Boy. Between the two I still can't make out what he's saying besides, "I'll never forget you." It haunts me.
My best interpretation

Oh, European Home
Cry, European Home
In daylight you get the night light
But you never, never forget, i'll never forget you
i'll never forget you, i'll never forget you
I just want the daylight, Just some daylight
Just some daylight, Just some night light
But never forget, ill never forget!
ill never forget, ill never forget!
ImageImage
My mega links never die!

SuzukiSamurai
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by SuzukiSamurai »

XRCF wrote:
04 Nov 2023, 8:43pm
Bankrobber wrote:
04 Nov 2023, 8:05pm

My best interpretation

Oh, European Home
Cry, European Home
Also heard in the SEH in the Notre Dame concert. One of my favorite SEH's.

War on tape hiss!

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

XRCF wrote:
04 Nov 2023, 8:43pm

My best interpretation

Oh, European Home
Cry, European Home
oh wow, thank you! That's definitely closer than what my pitiful ears could make out.
SuzukiSamurai wrote: Also heard in the SEH in the Notre Dame concert. One of my favorite SEH's
Interesting. I need to investigate.
I'm so punk, I don't even take my leather jacket off when it catches fire. Which it does frequently, because of how fucking punk I am.