Jamaica calling

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Re: Jamaica calling

Post by Olaf »

Marky Dread wrote:
30 Jan 2024, 11:11am
Olaf wrote:
30 Jan 2024, 10:58am
Asses and tin whistles together make a GREAT TEAM ...
Yeah but can they beat the old system?
Not without your participation. ;)
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Olaf wrote:
30 Jan 2024, 11:19am
Marky Dread wrote:
30 Jan 2024, 11:11am
Olaf wrote:
30 Jan 2024, 10:58am
Asses and tin whistles together make a GREAT TEAM ...
Yeah but can they beat the old system?
Not without your participation. ;)
Yep, I'm out! 🤣

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

"Exemplary manners to your fellow human being," as Joe somebody or other once said.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Imagine being pissed that someone started a new Clash thread. And instead of rolling your eyes and going on with your day, calling someone out for starting a new thread. Huh.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Stefano1972 wrote:
30 Jan 2024, 9:50am
Marky Dread wrote:
30 Jan 2024, 7:30am
WTF! people chill out we're all the same team here.

If you don't I will personally pay each of you a visit and give you a slap upside your dumb Clash heads!

Motorsmell: yep that boot is a poor version of the kingston show. There have been a few versions of that one on vinyl. The problem being that it's been re-pressed once to often.

XRCF: no need to be offended by someone asking what's left. It's a fair question in my book. It's not a dig at what anyone here can still produce. Just a simple question as to what's left in the archive and may have a chance of a future release.

As to Marky (that's me, ya know) having nothing left to remaster then you have no idea what else I have. I've got other stuff coming but you're gonna have to wait and see.

Now everyone play nice. There's enough bullshit in the world and we don't need anymore here.
Marky, I don't mean to misremember but I remembered an old post of yours about a remaster of No.10 Upping Street. But then I didn't read anything more about it.
If anyone needs a digital copy of the Montego Bay concert, I can post the audio of the "From London to Jamaica" CD.
Excellent sound quality but the final I Fought the Law is missing.
My copy of FLTJ has IFTL as the final track. I've been listening to it today in the car.
Last edited by white man on 30 Jan 2024, 12:49pm, edited 1 time in total.

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

motorsmell wrote:
29 Jan 2024, 5:00pm
Bonjourno

I got this a few weeks back and having re spun it a few minutes ago I got a feeling the tape is running too fast. Anyone know of this boot and if it is fast or its just the tinny FM sound tricking my ears?

Ta
Not sure about your copy running fast. Does the pitch sound okay or does Joe sound like a chipmunk.
As Joe states around track three, they are playing the songs at breakneck due to the cold. It was 5am when they came on.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

I don't have a vinyl copy, can't find my FLAC copy, only a MP3 version, some notes below on the linage, but it sounds pretty good to my ears.

SBD -> Cassette Master (Sony TC-D5M/TDK MA-C90/Dolby B)
All Transfers and Mastering By Charlie Miller
This is a high resolution 24bit source
Thanks to Frank Streeter for lending me his masters
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Umm a bit miffed as this is one I've remastered and is complete. It's available on the remasters thread.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

white man wrote:
30 Jan 2024, 12:46pm
Stefano1972 wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

If you don't I will personally pay each of you a visit and give you a slap upside your dumb Clash heads!

Motorsmell: yep that boot is a poor version of the kingston show. There have been a few versions of that one on vinyl. The problem being that it's been re-pressed once to often.

XRCF: no need to be offended by someone asking what's left. It's a fair question in my book. It's not a dig at what anyone here can still produce. Just a simple question as to what's left in the archive and may have a chance of a future release.

As to Marky (that's me, ya know) having nothing left to remaster then you have no idea what else I have. I've got other stuff coming but you're gonna have to wait and see.

Now everyone play nice. There's enough bullshit in the world and we don't need anymore here.
Marky, I don't mean to misremember but I remembered an old post of yours about a remaster of No.10 Upping Street. But then I didn't read anything more about it.
If anyone needs a digital copy of the Montego Bay concert, I can post the audio of the "From London to Jamaica" CD.
My copy of FLTJ has IFTL as the final track. I've been listening to it today in the car.
It's very strange, I have the original CD of From London to Jamaica and I Fought the Law is not on it.
Maybe you have a copy in cdr where it was inserted by whoever passed it to you?

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

Marky Dread wrote:
30 Jan 2024, 1:04pm
Umm a bit miffed as this is one I've remastered and is complete. It's available on the remasters thread.
Duhoh! Thanks for the reminder, Marky, downloading it now.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

XRCF wrote:
30 Jan 2024, 8:13am
Marky's right, sorry motorsmell
Bravo XRCF 👏
not everyone has the strength to recognize when they make mistakes.
P.s. I’m finishing that covers you asked me.

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

white man wrote:
30 Jan 2024, 12:48pm
motorsmell wrote:
29 Jan 2024, 5:00pm
Bonjourno

I got this a few weeks back and having re spun it a few minutes ago I got a feeling the tape is running too fast. Anyone know of this boot and if it is fast or its just the tinny FM sound tricking my ears?

Ta
Not sure about your copy running fast. Does the pitch sound okay or does Joe sound like a chipmunk.
As Joe states around track three, they are playing the songs at breakneck due to the cold. It was 5am when they came on.
It's mainly at the start with Joe's voice, the pitch seems out, however its a pretty tinny sound so might just be that. The thing is 2 different pressings have been released over the last few months and I feel I may have picked the wrong one.

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

Stefano1972 wrote:
30 Jan 2024, 1:14pm
white man wrote:
30 Jan 2024, 12:46pm
Stefano1972 wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

It's very strange, I have the original CD of From London to Jamaica and I Fought the Law is not on it.
Maybe you have a copy in cdr where it was inserted by whoever passed it to you?
Now that you mention it, i remember the quality dipped a little on IFTL. I had to check that FLTJ hadn't finished and gone to the next gig

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I have this cd and it includes the full gig. The cover makes me smile how they've inserted '82 Terry into a 1978 Clash image.
Attachments
20240130_182331.jpg
20240130_182331.jpg (129.87 KiB) Viewed 317 times
20240130_182312.jpg

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

XRCF
Junco Partner

Post by XRCF »

Marky Dread wrote:
30 Jan 2024, 2:24pm
I have this cd and it includes the full gig. The cover makes me smile how they've inserted '82 Terry into a 1978 Clash image.
Good on them for doing that, too often for 82 shows they end up using pics with topper in
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀https://xrcf.xyz/
ImageImage
My mega links never die!