Jamaica calling

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
motorsmell
Junco Partner

Jamaica calling

Post by motorsmell »

Bonjourno

I got this a few weeks back and having re spun it a few minutes ago I got a feeling the tape is running too fast. Anyone know of this boot and if it is fast or its just the tinny FM sound tricking my ears?

Ta
Attachments
20240129_205807.jpg

XRCF
Junco Partner

Re: Jamaica calling

Post by XRCF »

motorsmell wrote:
29 Jan 2024, 5:00pm
Bonjourno

I got this a few weeks back and having re spun it a few minutes ago I got a feeling the tape is running too fast. Anyone know of this boot and if it is fast or its just the tinny FM sound tricking my ears?

Ta
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀https://xrcf.xyz/
ImageImage
My mega links never die!

GrooveyTimesUK
Corner Soul

Post by GrooveyTimesUK »

I have this and it's a bad thin FM recording. I was so disappointed that I then ordered Live Jamaica 27/11/82, which is a much better and superior pressing and source. I may be wrong but it feel it is the same source that was originally used for the Kingston Advice bootleg CD, so much better.

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

XRCF wrote:
29 Jan 2024, 6:00pm
motorsmell wrote:
Bonjourno

Ta
Insightful, thanks.

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

GrooveyTimesUK wrote:
29 Jan 2024, 6:19pm
I have this and it's a bad thin FM recording. I was so disappointed that I then ordered Live Jamaica 27/11/82, which is a much better and superior pressing and source. I may be wrong but it feel it is the same source that was originally used for the Kingston Advice bootleg CD, so much better.
Ah really, I've seen the other one around, do you think it's the speed or just the shit recording? I'm willing to take a punt on the other version
...ta

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

motorsmell wrote:
29 Jan 2024, 6:30pm
XRCF wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
Bonjourno

Ta
Insightful, thanks.
It's becoming a pattern.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

XRCF
Junco Partner

Post by XRCF »

Kory wrote:
29 Jan 2024, 7:12pm
motorsmell wrote:
XRCF wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
Bonjourno

Ta
Insightful, thanks.
It's becoming a pattern.
What? People being lazy? I agree
Spoiler
The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.
ImageImage
My mega links never die!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

XRCF wrote:
29 Jan 2024, 7:18pm
Kory wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
XRCF wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
Bonjourno

Ta
Insightful, thanks.
It's becoming a pattern.
Spoiler
The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.
I'd say the internet making people feel like they can be dicks is a bigger disaster.

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

Kory wrote:
29 Jan 2024, 8:25pm
XRCF wrote:
Kory wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
XRCF wrote:

Insightful, thanks.
It's becoming a pattern.
Spoiler
I'd say the internet making people feel like they can be dicks is a bigger disaster.
100%

XRCF
Junco Partner

Post by XRCF »

Kory wrote:
XRCF wrote:
Kory wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
XRCF wrote:

Insightful, thanks.
It's becoming a pattern.
Spoiler
If pointing out that this thread didn't need to be made and it could be solved with simple research makes me a dick I am the biggest dick of all time a proper 12 incher

Also I wanna point out motorsmell's "what's left" thread which is the most glass half empty thing I have ever read
ImageImage
My mega links never die!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

XRCF wrote:
29 Jan 2024, 8:53pm
Kory wrote:
XRCF wrote:
Kory wrote:
motorsmell wrote:

Insightful, thanks.
It's becoming a pattern.
Spoiler
If pointing out that this thread didn't need to be made and it could be solved with simple research makes me a dick I am the biggest dick of all time a proper 12 incher

Also I wanna point out motorsmell's "what's left" thread which is the most glass half empty thing I have ever read
Well, yes, I'm starting to think you are. How would you suggest he do that research? He might not have the time or resources that you do and thought that a COMMUNITY of Clash fans might know some info off the top of their heads. Maybe start with that rather than trying to let everyone know how superior you are.

As for the "What's Left" thread, you were in there engaging as much as anyone else, so get off your high horse.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Hmmm, seems like the dictator subforum ain't the only place around here where a poster may end up getting their banana straightened
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Flex wrote:
29 Jan 2024, 10:39pm
Hmmm, seems like the dictator subforum ain't the only place around here where a poster may end up getting their banana straightened
Ben Grimm says it’s straightenin’ time

XRCF
Junco Partner

Post by XRCF »

Kory wrote:
29 Jan 2024, 9:35pm
XRCF wrote:
29 Jan 2024, 8:53pm
Kory wrote:
XRCF wrote:
Kory wrote:

It's becoming a pattern.
Spoiler

Well, yes, I'm starting to think you are. How would you suggest he do that research? He might not have the time or resources that you do and thought that a COMMUNITY of Clash fans might know some info off the top of their heads. Maybe start with that rather than trying to let everyone know how superior you are.

As for the "What's Left" thread, you were in there engaging as much as anyone else, so get off your high horse.
Go listen to the countless YouTube uploads of this show, if they sound the same then it's just how the bootleg is if they sound better it's a bad pressing...

And as for the what's left thread, I specifically posted there to prove the point that just because Marky (no offence to him) had finished remastering the studio album doesn't means that there is nothing left for a whole COMMUNITY of people to do infact I found it quite insulting, hence my strong feelings
ImageImage
My mega links never die!

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

Sorry for wasting such valuable internet space with my "lazy" questions....also thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to answer all of my good for nothing posts....I am not worthy of such attention! Your making me blush!...silly cunt.