Setlist for Live At Sun Plaza '82 Original owner!

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
ClashNZ
Corner Soul

Setlist for Live At Sun Plaza '82 Original owner!

Post by ClashNZ »

Hi. New here from New Zealand. Newbie so excuse me if I screw stuff up a bit!
I was on youtube and saw an upload for the Live At Sun Plaza, Tokyo, Japan, February 1, 1982 clip, and recognised a familiar image. The setlist that is featured on there and on the "Clash Observations" thread used to be owned by me. I carried that piece of paper and another (possibly Mick Jones) around with me in an envelope with my worldly goods from when I was around 16 years old and sold it on to a memorabilia buyer a few years back. I was given the two setlists by a local legend who ran a secondhand music store for years in my town New Plymouth in NZ. His name is Brian Wafer and the shop was called IMA Hitt records. He sold me most of the records that became my bedrock and gave me those setlists one day in an envelope and I kept them for about 30 odd years before I decided they needed to be passed on.
Wow! So cool to see that they are being appreciated by many around the world after the journeys they have been on with me for so long!
Still love the Clash and just had to post something regarding these "close to my heart" pieces of history...
g

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Re: Setlist for Live At Sun Plaza '82 Original owner!

Post by Stefano1972 »

what a beautiful testimony, thank you

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Nice story, thanks for sharing! Hope you got some decent dough for that list.

Maybe you know this compilation ... The Bananamen sound interesting. :mrgreen:

Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

ClashNZ
Corner Soul

Post by ClashNZ »

Know it well. Sticky Filth pretty much are the best Hardcore/Punk band in NZ and there are some good ol classics on that LP! New Plymouth was a kinda melting pot and hub of the punk scene here in NZ and for a small town there were gigs at least 2 nights a week sometimes in the heyday. I was a couple of years younger than the people in these bands but cut my teeth on this music as a young punk/goth in the 80's and 90's.
ahhhh....
memories...
g