Bonds poster

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Romolo
Corner Soul

Bonds poster

Post by Romolo »

Few months ago I was in Paris at the fllea market checking for vynils when suddenly my wife grabed my arm and took me to an antics shop , et là....well, look at the photo. Apparently, it's an original one, the guy bought it to another guy in Chicago and restaured it. I took a close look at it and it seemed real. Of course I'm not an expert but I talked to the guy and he was well aware of the Bonds résidency and all the Clash on Broadway stuff. The price was 2700 euros. I tried to exchange it with my wife and my kid but the guy refused. Bastard
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Re: Bonds poster

Post by motorsmell »

Very nice, as is that hifi equipment!

cat
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by cat »

Screenshot_20240224-005923_WhatsApp.jpg
I should frame my posters. But I never get round to it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Romolo
Corner Soul

Post by Romolo »

Wow, fantastic! How did you get it?
PS: sorry if you've posted about it already, but I'm new in here...

cat
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by cat »

Romolo wrote:
24 Feb 2024, 1:51pm
Wow, fantastic! How did you get it?
PS: sorry if you've posted about it already, but I'm new in here...
Hi Romolo, The Bonds poster I bought from a guy in the states many years ago, if I remember correctly for about $100, The pistols posters from a local record shop back in the 80's. Unfortunately I've lost a fair amount of my memrobillia over the years, due to house moves etc. Some still survived though. The world atlas give em enough rope promo poster luckily also made it.

Romolo
Corner Soul

Post by Romolo »

Alright Cat. Thanx for your reply. Glad to see it still has its bright colors.

APACHES67
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by APACHES67 »

I don't know how you can be sure about an original poster....today with the technology we can do a copy easily

Romolo
Corner Soul

Post by Romolo »

You're absolutely right. There's no way to know for sure. But I plead guilty : sometimes when it's down to the Clash I'm not a married 51 dad anymore but a naïve teenager living in fame like a bank robber ,you know what I mean,'right ? For instance these days I'm trying to compose and record (at home, very DIY, for my ears only) about 10 songs. I' ll probably burn a CD to be a real McCoy (haha) and for the cover I'll use the photo I sent on the "S! cover location" topic. It's a bit silly. I guess it's what we called "la crise de la cinquantaine" in french.