Bankrobber records....is this rare?

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Re: Bankrobber records....is this rare?

Post by daredevil »

Heston wrote:
Guest wrote:Vince wanting to do a "Free As A Bird style rerecording of Cut The Crap with Jo's vocals? :huh: )
Can Joe's vocals be isolated without the master tapes? I can't see Bernie handing them over to Vince.
I'm not sure it can be done, but I do notice that Joe's vocals are louder on the CTC cd that was issued with the bonus
track Do It Now.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

daredevil wrote:
Heston wrote:
Guest wrote:Vince wanting to do a "Free As A Bird style rerecording of Cut The Crap with Jo's vocals? :huh: )
Can Joe's vocals be isolated without the master tapes? I can't see Bernie handing them over to Vince.
I'm not sure it can be done, but I do notice that Joe's vocals are louder on the CTC cd that was issued with the bonus
track Do It Now.
Me too much louder than the previous cd and the vinyl.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
daredevil wrote:
Heston wrote:
track Do It Now.
Im sure I read that Do It Now was recorded completely seperate in different session.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
daredevil wrote:
Heston wrote:
track Do It Now.
Im sure I read that Do It Now was recorded completely seperate in different session.
May have been it was the B-side to This is England 12" along with Sex Mad War [Roar] they both sound a bit different to the album, why the fuck Sony/Coloumbia couldn't of added Sex Mad War to the re-issue cd is beyond me.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Jimmy Jazz
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Guest wrote:
btw - did anyone else see Vince in Mojo re Cut The Crap demos -
(wtf is this about Chris Knowles planning a Clash mark II film & Vince wanting to do a "Free As A Bird style rerecording of Cut The Crap with Jo's vocals? :huh: )
Ahua? So is this for real? Anybody else seen this Mojo interview?

Jimmy Jazz
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

threecoffins wrote:
matedog wrote:
threecoffins wrote:
Inder wrote:http://www.bankrobberrecords.com/The%20Clash%201983.htm

er?
ARTIST - The Clash
TITLE - Out of Control
FORMAT - CD
LABEL - WLR
CATALOG NUMBER - WLR-2070

Recorded at the Lucky 8 Studios, London, November 1983.

This is a Clash recording of immence historical importance and interest. These are the only, so far discovered, Clash demos from the period after Mick Jones left the band. Amongst the tracks are a number that have never beenpreviously released.

Track listing;

We are The Clash, In the Pouring Rain, Glue Zombie, Jericho, National Powder, Are You Ready for War?, Galleani, This is England, Rock n Roll City, The Dictator, Out of Control, Sex Mad War, Backwoods Drive, Three Card Trick.

This recording is not from a first generation source, and in some places the audio quality has diminished.
Nice. A tidy £12.50 (plus postage & packing charges, of course).

A bit funny, because I digitally watermarked those tracks for just such an occasion! Should be interesting to see whether, years from now, the same junk turns up in Eritrean market stalls.
Hey Inder, did all of these end up getting released on the old board? When I took off last time, there were 11 floating around. Never ended up snagging Sex Mad War, Backwoods Drive & Three Card Trick. Is there a possibility of procuring these in some way? (bats eyelashes)
It's on the megalist. I just threw out the old link which had 11 of the 14 because it was not necessary. The final link with all 14 songs + artwork is up and has been up for awhile.
Thanks Boss. Here's to poor observation skills!
More thanks, I missed those last three songs whenever they were posted too.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

daredevil wrote:
08 Jul 2008, 9:56pm
Heston wrote:
I'm not sure it can be done
Wouldn't it be great though? ;)
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Olaf wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 9:05am
daredevil wrote:
Heston wrote:
Gerald did a fine job musically. I still think the vocals sound a bit thin and reedy. Plus it's still not possible to get a totally clean vocal. But the tech is not that far away. I would love to hear Gerald's work without the vocal.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Marky Dread wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 11:05am
Olaf wrote:
daredevil wrote:
Heston wrote:
Gerald did a fine job musically. I still think the vocals sound a bit thin and reedy. Plus it's still not possible to get a totally clean vocal. But the tech is not that far away. I would love to hear Gerald's work without the vocal.
True. That's why I eventually decided against getting a vinyl copy of the "Reboot." I somehow have this image of Bernie in my head clinging to the master tapes shouting "From my cold, dead hands!" Or is that the manuscript of his book?
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Olaf wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 11:35am
Marky Dread wrote:
Olaf wrote:
daredevil wrote:
Heston wrote:
True. That's why I eventually decided against getting a vinyl copy of the "Reboot." I somehow have this image of Bernie in my head clinging to the master tapes shouting "From my cold, dead hands!" Or is that the manuscript of his book?
Ha! Maybe the master tapes no longer exist. Bit like the first Subway Sect album.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 12:30pm
Olaf wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Olaf wrote:
daredevil wrote:

Ha! Maybe the master tapes no longer exist. Bit like the first Subway Sect album.
Which is definitely a shame.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 2:22pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Olaf wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Olaf wrote:

Yeah a real shame. Recorded at Gooseberry where the Pistols did some early Bollocks takes with Dave Goodman.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 3:18pm
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Olaf wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Yeah a real shame. Recorded at Gooseberry where the Pistols did some early Bollocks takes with Dave Goodman.
Have you checked the tape he gave you, in case they are on there? :)

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 3:29pm
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Olaf wrote:

I wish they were. Just the Pistols stuff and a blank side. And I can't find the bloody tape again now. Still I got "Whatcha Gonna Do About It?" digitized. That was the only track to be different. Sounds genuine but it's Dave so who knows

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 3:35pm
laxman wrote:
06 Jan 2022, 3:29pm
Marky Dread wrote:
laxman wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

I wish they were. Just the Pistols stuff and a blank side. And I can't find the bloody tape again now. Still I got "Whatcha Gonna Do About It?" digitized. That was the only track to be different. Sounds genuine but it's Dave so who knows
It will be down the back of your sofa.