Bankrobber records....is this rare?

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
sista

Bankrobber records....is this rare?

Post by sista »

Welcome to the BANKROBBER RECORDS special Promotion page for July 2008.

This month we bring you an expanded catalog featuring new titles from Nick Cave, The Clash, Joy Division, Pink Floyd, Sex Pistols and many others.

Our special promotion this month includes a very rare Clash demo recording from 1983.This is a recording of immense historical importance and interest. These are the only, so far discovered Clash demos from the period after Mick Jones left the band. Among the tracks are a number of songs that have never been previously released. This is one to add to your collection of Clash rarities.

Please note, we have a very limited initial supply of this CD.

Also available at a special rate is a great Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros live CD you may have missed out on. Please note these special prices are available via this promotion only, exclusively to our mailing list members, and are different to the normal prices in our full catalog.

PLEASE NOTE these offers are only availble until the end of July 2008.

Please follow the links below for full details.

Bankrobber Promotions,
http://www.bankrobberrecords.com/Promot ... July08.htm

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: Bankrobber records....is this rare?

Post by Wolter »

Not too rare. Certainly not rare enough to spend money on if you have an internet connection and a cd burner.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

http://www.bankrobberrecords.com/The%20Clash%201983.htm

er?
ARTIST - The Clash
TITLE - Out of Control
FORMAT - CD
LABEL - WLR
CATALOG NUMBER - WLR-2070

Recorded at the Lucky 8 Studios, London, November 1983.

This is a Clash recording of immence historical importance and interest. These are the only, so far discovered, Clash demos from the period after Mick Jones left the band. Amongst the tracks are a number that have never beenpreviously released.

Track listing;

We are The Clash, In the Pouring Rain, Glue Zombie, Jericho, National Powder, Are You Ready for War?, Galleani, This is England, Rock n Roll City, The Dictator, Out of Control, Sex Mad War, Backwoods Drive, Three Card Trick.

This recording is not from a first generation source, and in some places the audio quality has diminished.
Nice. A tidy £12.50 (plus postage & packing charges, of course).

A bit funny, because I digitally watermarked those tracks for just such an occasion! Should be interesting to see whether, years from now, the same junk turns up in Eritrean market stalls.

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

Inder wrote:http://www.bankrobberrecords.com/The%20Clash%201983.htm

er?
ARTIST - The Clash
TITLE - Out of Control
FORMAT - CD
LABEL - WLR

This is a Clash recording of immence historical importance and interest. These are the only, so far discovered, Clash demos from the period after Mick Jones left the band. Amongst the tracks are a number that have never beenpreviously released.

Track listing;

We are The Clash, In the Pouring Rain, Glue Zombie, Jericho, National Powder, Are You Ready for War?, Galleani, This is England, Rock n Roll City, The Dictator, Out of Control, Sex Mad War, Backwoods Drive, Three Card Trick.

This recording is not from a first generation source, and in some places the audio quality has diminished.

A bit funny, because I digitally watermarked those tracks for just such an occasion! Should be interesting to see whether, years from now, the same junk turns up in Eritrean market stalls.
Hey Inder, did all of these end up getting released on the old board? When I took off last time, there were 11 floating around. Never ended up snagging Sex Mad War, Backwoods Drive & Three Card Trick. Is there a possibility of procuring these in some way? (bats eyelashes)

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

threecoffins wrote:

er?
ARTIST - The Clash
TITLE - Out of Control
FORMAT - CD
LABEL - WLR

Track listing;

Hey Inder, did all of these end up getting released on the old board? When I took off last time, there were 11 floating around. Never ended up snagging Sex Mad War, Backwoods Drive & Three Card Trick. Is there a possibility of procuring these in some way? (bats eyelashes)
It's on the megalist. I just threw out the old link which had 11 of the 14 because it was not necessary. The final link with all 14 songs + artwork is up and has been up for awhile.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

matedog wrote:
threecoffins wrote:

er?
ARTIST - The Clash
TITLE - Out of Control
FORMAT - CD
LABEL - WLR

Track listing;

It's on the megalist. I just threw out the old link which had 11 of the 14 because it was not necessary. The final link with all 14 songs + artwork is up and has been up for awhile.
Thanks Boss. Here's to poor observation skills!

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

sista wrote:Welcome to the BANKROBBER RECORDS special Promotion page for July 2008.

This month we bring you an expanded catalog featuring new titles from Nick Cave, The Clash, Joy Division, Pink Floyd, Sex Pistols and many others.

Our special promotion this month includes a very rare Clash demo recording from 1983.This is a recording of immense historical importance and interest. These are the only, so far discovered Clash demos from the period after Mick Jones left the band. Among the tracks are a number of songs that have never been previously released. This is one to add to your collection of Clash rarities.

Also available at a special rate is a great Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros live CD you may have missed out on. Please note these special prices are available via this promotion only, exclusively to our mailing list members, and are different to the normal prices in our full catalog.

Bankrobber Promotions,
A bit ironic.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

Olaf wrote:
sista wrote:Welcome to the BANKROBBER RECORDS special Promotion page for July 2008.

Bankrobber Promotions,
A bit ironic.
I don't know who these guys are, but they got my e-mail somehow and started spamming me.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Bankrobber Promotions,

Same spam that was posted on SNews last month.

Even BMC lists those releases as Internet-sourced only from this very board, so any fool who knew of those demos' existence from the usual go-to Clash sources both A) knows this is an MP3-sourced ripoff, and B) knows where to get the actual MP3's on the IMCT/Snews Megalists. I don't know who they're trying to market to, then...it's not like there's much market for proto-Clash II demos among anyone but diehards. Put pretty ballsily stupid of that scam label's proprietor to try to bait us anyway.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Rat Patrol wrote:

Bankrobber Promotions,

Even BMC lists those releases as Internet-sourced only from this very board, so any fool who knew of those demos' existence from the usual go-to Clash sources both A) knows this is an MP3-sourced ripoff, and B) knows where to get the actual MP3's on the IMCT/Snews Megalists. I don't know who they're trying to market to, then...it's not like there's much market for proto-Clash II demos among anyone but diehards. Put pretty ballsily stupid of that scam label's proprietor to try to bait us anyway.
When I first saw this thread title, you could have knocked me over with a feather.
Yeah. I thought so.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Rat Patrol wrote:

Bankrobber Promotions,

For once I have to disagree with you Ratty. There are a lot of old Clash fans out there who will see the words Clash and unreleased and will buy it. I have loads of old mates all of whom loved the Clash and have bought a few 'greatest hits' packages to back up their old vinyl but arent 'fanatics' like some around here :shifty:

JulieJazz
Resident Luddite and Crank

Post by JulieJazz »

interesting...

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dig the hugely inappropriate artwork from 1978..... :naughty:
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

esmark
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by esmark »

This is just stupid... a week or so it'll be up on e-bay as well...

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

This is a company called Red Note Beats who have changed their name!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia