clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 11:40am
Stefano1972 wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 10:23am
Heston wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 6:20am
This pic appeared on FB today. Strange to see Mick using his semi acoustic. Maybe a TV show? Looks late 81, early 82 to me.

330392240_1131225700889830_6505234543179964325_n.jpg
Very nice unseen photo, I think it was taken during the Pacific Tour at the beginning of the 1982. Joe and Paul they have almost the same airstyle in this photo taken in Australia at the end of Febraury 1982
A guy on Clash On Parole said it's from Hong Kong. Not sure if it's correct but I still think it's early 82 and Joe's hair is slicked back.
Are you talking about the same picture?

Think Stefano is referring to the one with the aborigine guy Gary....

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Heston wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 9:19am
Marky Dread wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 9:06am
Heston wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 8:37am
Marky Dread wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 8:26am
Heston wrote:
This pic appeared on FB today. Strange to see Mick using his semi acoustic. Maybe a TV show? Looks late 81, early 82 to me.

Looking at Joe's crop that looks similar length to when they played Friday's in April 1980. So I might go a whole year earlier. I wonder if it's from a photo shoot. Looks a bit staged to me.
I thought Fridays at first but didn't Joe and Paul get their hair cropped at the same time? Paul has his quiff here. Joe's hair looks more slicked back. Agree it looks staged, I've never seen Mick playing this guitar in any live pics or footage of the Clash.
Paul's crop had almost fully grown out by the time of the Friday's footage and his hair is being shaped into a quiff.
You're correct mate, my mistake. Still a strange shot to see Mick with that guitar in a "live" situation.
Paul cut it all off for the May/June 1980 tour. His hair was shorter than this photo on Fridays though. I don't know, this photo is baffling to me. Unless Joe's hair is an illusion and it is in fact slicked back.

Topper's drum kit matches what he played on Fridays, though I'm not sure if his kit changed at all in 81. There's a nice clear shot of his kit at Lochem and it doesn't have a China symbol, so probably not from the Australia/Asia tour (though that was as few months earlier).
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog

Post by matedog »

I'm hoping it's actually evidence of a currently unknown TV appearance. Not sure what Mick would play with that guitar though. He did an acoustic for those weak ECW performances in fall of 79, but this can't be from there.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 11:47am
Heston wrote:
Stefano1972 wrote:
Heston wrote:

Very nice unseen photo, I think it was taken during the Pacific Tour at the beginning of the 1982. Joe and Paul they have almost the same airstyle in this photo taken in Australia at the end of Febraury 1982
A guy on Clash On Parole said it's from Hong Kong. Not sure if it's correct but I still think it's early 82 and Joe's hair is slicked back.

Stefano was saying the photo with Gary looked like the same era as this staged pose, I was agreeing with him mate. But Matedog's observations have cast doubt on that. It's a strange one.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Heston

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 12:14pm
I'm hoping it's actually evidence of a currently unknown TV appearance. Not sure what Mick would play with that guitar though. He did an acoustic for those weak ECW performances in fall of 79, but this can't be from there.
Yeah, plus it was an acoustic guitar on those ECW performances rather than a semi.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 12:34pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Stefano1972 wrote:
Heston wrote:

Stefano was saying the photo with Gary looked like the same era as this staged pose, I was agreeing with him mate. But Matedog's observations have cast doubt on that. It's a strange one.
Makes sense cheers.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

matedog

Post by matedog »

I'm trying to message Briggy to see if he can chime in on the attire.

Heston

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 2:31pm
Good call.

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 1:40pm
Heston wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 12:34pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Stefano1972 wrote:

Makes sense cheers.
Yes Marky i’ve used the photo with Joe and Paul with Gary Foley because it looks like from the same era of that staged pose photo.

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

matedog

Post by matedog »

Heston wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 3:47pm
matedog wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 2:31pm
Good call.
Brigs isn't certain on the photo. He thinks it's 80 and that Joe's hair is buzzed, not slicked back like early 82. Hopefully he can chime in here directly.

The main issue I have is with Paul's hair vs. Joe's. It's close, but doesn't match the Fridays hair.

matedog

Post by matedog »

Also Joe doesn't have his guitar so this would be something like Garageland or something right? His 80-82 material he usually kept the guitar unless doing an old barnstormer.

I'm obsessed with this god damn photo. I want to solve this mystery.

Heston

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 6:19pm
Also Joe doesn't have his guitar so this would be something like Garageland or something right? His 80-82 material he usually kept the guitar unless doing an old barnstormer.

I'm obsessed with this god damn photo. I want to solve this mystery.
All their hair is screaming early 82 to me. Could Bangkok be a possibility?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Maybe the picture is a fake. Where's the rest of Joe's mike stand? Paul's feet have disappeared.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 6:54pm
Maybe the picture is a fake. Where's the rest of Joe's mike stand? Paul's feet have disappeared.
I think that's an out of focus monitor in front of them. But it's quite possible it's fake.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Heston wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 7:43pm
Marky Dread wrote:
03 Mar 2023, 6:54pm
I think that's an out of focus monitor in front of them. But it's quite possible it's fake.
Why would someone do that?
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/