clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79694
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by Dr. Medulla » 26 Jul 2018, 6:38pm

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 6:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 6:15pm
Heston wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 5:56pm
To be fair, we are criticizing Mick here and Don is standing in the background with a leopardskin fucking waistcoat on.
A band that looked best on radio.
You rang? Seriously guys just stick to making good music and releasing records with no chairs on the cover.
:lol: I thought we were just being snarky about fashion, not faces. Latter-day Wire look like gargoyles pining for a church they can call home.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 28893
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by Heston » 26 Jul 2018, 6:42pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 6:15pm
Heston wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 5:56pm
To be fair, we are criticizing Mick here and Don is standing in the background with a leopardskin fucking waistcoat on.
A band that looked best on radio.
I dunno, they looked good at times, especially in some of the early videos. They were very symmetrical with Mick at front and 2 rastas and 2 white boys either side. A better image than a lot of bands had at the time, but we have to remember this was the 80s.
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20898
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by matedog » 26 Jul 2018, 6:59pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 6:38pm
Marky Dread wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 6:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 6:15pm
Heston wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 5:56pm
To be fair, we are criticizing Mick here and Don is standing in the background with a leopardskin fucking waistcoat on.
A band that looked best on radio.
You rang? Seriously guys just stick to making good music and releasing records with no chairs on the cover.
:lol: I thought we were just being snarky about fashion, not faces. Latter-day Wire look like gargoyles pining for a church they can call home.
Image

They just look like old English dudes. Except the one outlier.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 40193
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by Marky Dread » 26 Jul 2018, 7:00pm

Heston wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 6:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 6:15pm
Heston wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 5:56pm
To be fair, we are criticizing Mick here and Don is standing in the background with a leopardskin fucking waistcoat on.
A band that looked best on radio.
I dunno, they looked good at times, especially in some of the early videos. They were very symmetrical with Mick at front and 2 rastas and 2 white boys either side. A better image than a lot of bands had at the time, but we have to remember this was the 80s.
Hey look gang there goes that cool cat Heston........not.
Attachments
fr.jpg
fr.jpg (24.8 KiB) Viewed 1126 times
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79694
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by Dr. Medulla » 26 Jul 2018, 7:48pm

matedog wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 6:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 6:38pm
Marky Dread wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 6:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 6:15pm
Heston wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 5:56pm
To be fair, we are criticizing Mick here and Don is standing in the background with a leopardskin fucking waistcoat on.
A band that looked best on radio.
You rang? Seriously guys just stick to making good music and releasing records with no chairs on the cover.
:lol: I thought we were just being snarky about fashion, not faces. Latter-day Wire look like gargoyles pining for a church they can call home.
Image

They just look like old English dudes. Except the one outlier.
Young replacement for the even older guy who quit. I've wondered how well the personal dynamic works given the age gap.
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79694
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by Dr. Medulla » 26 Jul 2018, 7:49pm

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 7:00pm
Hey look gang there goes that cool cat Heston........not.
Didn't Heston's say Franklin or something else that showed it was a bad knockoff?
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 40193
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by Marky Dread » 26 Jul 2018, 8:04pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 7:49pm
Marky Dread wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 7:00pm
Hey look gang there goes that cool cat Heston........not.
Didn't Heston's say Franklin or something else that showed it was a bad knockoff?
Ha! I don't about that but as Franklin is my surname I'll take it. :mrgreen:
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 79694
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by Dr. Medulla » 26 Jul 2018, 8:16pm

Marky Dread wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 8:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 7:49pm
Marky Dread wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 7:00pm
Hey look gang there goes that cool cat Heston........not.
Didn't Heston's say Franklin or something else that showed it was a bad knockoff?
Ha! I don't about that but as Franklin is my surname I'll take it. :mrgreen:
We'll get you to Hollywood yet, man, I swear it!
I'm an expert in gold mining lore!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 40193
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by Marky Dread » 26 Jul 2018, 9:38pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 8:16pm
Marky Dread wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 8:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 7:49pm
Marky Dread wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 7:00pm
Hey look gang there goes that cool cat Heston........not.
Didn't Heston's say Franklin or something else that showed it was a bad knockoff?
Ha! I don't about that but as Franklin is my surname I'll take it. :mrgreen:
We'll get you to Hollywood yet, man, I swear it!
:mrgreen:
Image

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 17411
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by JennyB » 27 Jul 2018, 10:10am

matedog wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 6:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 6:38pm
Marky Dread wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 6:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 6:15pm
Heston wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 5:56pm
To be fair, we are criticizing Mick here and Don is standing in the background with a leopardskin fucking waistcoat on.
A band that looked best on radio.
You rang? Seriously guys just stick to making good music and releasing records with no chairs on the cover.
:lol: I thought we were just being snarky about fashion, not faces. Latter-day Wire look like gargoyles pining for a church they can call home.
Image

They just look like old English dudes. Except the one outlier.
He looks like he stepped right out of Seven Mary Three, so you love him!

I'm not one to talk. Dave Gahan resembles the Crypt Keeper these days. And you know what? I still would. :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20898
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by matedog » 27 Jul 2018, 11:12am

JennyB wrote:
27 Jul 2018, 10:10am
matedog wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 6:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 6:38pm
Marky Dread wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 6:31pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 6:15pm


A band that looked best on radio.
You rang? Seriously guys just stick to making good music and releasing records with no chairs on the cover.
:lol: I thought we were just being snarky about fashion, not faces. Latter-day Wire look like gargoyles pining for a church they can call home.
Image

They just look like old English dudes. Except the one outlier.
He looks like he stepped right out of Seven Mary Three, so you love him!

I'm not one to talk. Dave Gahan resembles the Crypt Keeper these days. And you know what? I still would. :shifty:
:lol: on every part of this post.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 27071
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by Flex » 27 Jul 2018, 4:07pm

matedog wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 6:28pm
Pics plz.
Image

Image

Image

Image
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20898
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by matedog » 27 Jul 2018, 4:23pm

Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 40193
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by Marky Dread » 28 Jul 2018, 3:48pm

Flex wrote:
27 Jul 2018, 4:07pm
matedog wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 6:28pm
Pics plz.

Image
I wonder why those skinhead girls hate Little Richard so much?
Image

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 27071
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by Flex » 28 Jul 2018, 4:29pm

Marky Dread wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 3:48pm
I wonder why those skinhead girls hate Little Richard so much?
holy shit that's funny
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests