The Clash observations thread.

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Clash observations thread.

Post by Kory »

Silent Majority wrote:
26 Jan 2021, 2:28pm
These are speed holes. They make the shirt go faster.
Damn, beat me to it.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Kory wrote:
26 Jan 2021, 3:48pm
Silent Majority wrote:
26 Jan 2021, 2:28pm
These are speed holes. They make the shirt go faster.
Damn, beat me to it.
You want my advice? I think you should buy this shirt.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

matedog wrote:
26 Jan 2021, 10:17am
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
25 Jan 2021, 10:33pm

Could you please provide a screen cap of the guy wearing the shirt?

The Satisfy shirts are pricey, but not that pricey.

That's the best I could grab. Sleeveless with holes and it's like a grey-blue. I'm curious if you could track down the specific shirt. Also, the was filmed probably mid 2019 if that helps at all.

Edit: I'm guessing it's these "moss eaten" shirts: https://satisfyrunning.com/collections/ ... scle-tee-9
If so, that's way cheaper than I expected them to wear, but a $122 sleeveless t-shirt is still pretty pricy. I don't know where that falls on the range of t-shirt prices.
That’s great, thanks. It looks like it’s the first Satisfy Joe shirt from 2018. Do you mind if I send the screen cap to the photographer and give him the info? I know him.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
26 Jan 2021, 8:34pm
matedog wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:

That's the best I could grab. Sleeveless with holes and it's like a grey-blue. I'm curious if you could track down the specific shirt. Also, the was filmed probably mid 2019 if that helps at all.

Edit: I'm guessing it's these "moss eaten" shirts: https://satisfyrunning.com/collections/ ... scle-tee-9
If so, that's way cheaper than I expected them to wear, but a $122 sleeveless t-shirt is still pretty pricy. I don't know where that falls on the range of t-shirt prices.
That’s great, thanks. It looks like it’s the first Satisfy Joe shirt from 2018. Do you mind if I send the screen cap to the photographer and give him the info? I know him.
Don't mind at all. I can reference the show and episode and time if that's helpful too. Let me know what he/she says.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

matedog wrote:
26 Jan 2021, 9:17pm
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
matedog wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:

Don't mind at all. I can reference the show and episode and time if that's helpful too. Let me know what he/she says.
From your screen cap, it looks like season 1, episode 3: “What’s in Anna’s Shower?”. If you could let me know the time, that would be very helpful. Will let you know.

matedog

Post by matedog »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
26 Jan 2021, 10:31pm
matedog wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
matedog wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:

From your screen cap, it looks like season 1, episode 3: “What’s in Anna’s Shower?”. If you could let me know the time, that would be very helpful. Will let you know.
Right around 22:30. *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

matedog wrote:
27 Jan 2021, 10:25am
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
matedog wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
matedog wrote:

Right around 22:30. *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window.
Yikes. Thanks again.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

matedog wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
matedog wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
matedog wrote:

Wll, here's a new quote for my signature!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

An observation: there are some extremely funny/truly bizarre Clash meme accounts on Instagram. I can't imagine who these people are.

matedog

Post by matedog »

Kory wrote:
27 Jan 2021, 4:48pm
An observation: there are some extremely funny/truly bizarre Clash meme accounts on Instagram. I can't imagine who these people are.
Can you post some?

matedog

Post by matedog »

JennyB wrote:
27 Jan 2021, 2:42pm
matedog wrote:
Wll, here's a new quote for my signature!
:disshame:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

matedog wrote:
27 Jan 2021, 5:12pm
Kory wrote:
27 Jan 2021, 4:48pm
Can you post some?
Just a couple that I thought were so weird that I had to follow and see what they were going to produce. I can only imagine that these are high schoolers that are into the band, so I suppose we probably would have gotten along if we were in school together:

https://www.instagram.com/meme.angel.dragnet/

https://www.instagram.com/sandlnlsta/ (this one is formerly https://www.instagram.com/sandinistaaaa/ which is now inactive, but has some funny stuff on it)

https://www.instagram.com/clash.irony/

https://www.instagram.com/overpoweredbymemes/

One of my favorites:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 1.43.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 1.43.56 PM.png (778.01 KiB) Viewed 2718 times

matedog

Post by matedog »

Had to laugh at that one.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

matedog wrote:
27 Jan 2021, 5:49pm

Had to laugh at that one.
They can be a little hit and miss like any meme account, but the funny ones are pretty funny, and i like seeing people be about as reverent with the band as we are.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

matedog wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
matedog wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:

Apparently, someone else had already informed him.