The Clash observations thread.

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
chocolatejesus
Dirty Punk

Re: The Clash observations thread.

Post by chocolatejesus »

Unpopular opinion: LC ist brilliant but owes a lot to its atmospheric production which is why I dont really care about live versions.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Really marginal LC opinion: I vastly prefer the single sleeve to the album one. (I've got it on a shirt, too.)
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 12:12pm
Really marginal LC opinion: I vastly prefer the single sleeve to the album one. (I've got it on a shirt, too.)
Me too. I think the so called iconic sleeve is overrated. Take away the Elvis graphics and it ain't much.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 12:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Me too. I think the so called iconic sleeve is overrated. Take away the Elvis graphics and it ain't much.
Agree a zillion percent. It's a really cool photo and all but I fail to see any kind of transcendent quality to it all or to the Elvis reference lettering.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 12:45pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Agree a zillion percent. It's a really cool photo and all but I fail to see any kind of transcendent quality to it all or to the Elvis reference lettering.
Interestingly the best album artwork doesn't feature the band.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... alling.jpg
I don't know if I have a preference per se but the single artwork is rad as hell. If I get another Clash t-shirt, I'll probably try to to have it be that artwork.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 1:00pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I don't know if I have a preference per se but the single artwork is rad as hell. If I get another Clash t-shirt, I'll probably try to to have it be that artwork.
You're not getting another shirt off me! :naughty:

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 1:06pm
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'm just gonna slowly raid your wardrobe.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 12:51pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
GEER is my favourite album sleeve. Really, that and BMC are the only ones that catch my eye and pique my curiosity.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 1:08pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 1:06pm
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'm just gonna slowly raid your wardrobe.
Every year, I'll send you one shirt, like a Trump steak.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 1:09pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
GEER is my favourite album sleeve. Really, that and BMC are the only ones that catch my eye and pique my curiosity.
Yep same for me.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 1:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Yep same for me.
And you've got a long track record of designing quality sleeves, so I'm feeling good about my company!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 1:22pm
Marky Dread wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 1:18pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Yep same for me.
And you've got a long track record of designing quality sleeves, so I'm feeling good about my company!
😎👌

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I suppose I can get behind this, though I like the LC album cover more than you guys. S/T still has the best logo, though.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 5:15pm
I suppose I can get behind this, though I like the LC album cover more than you guys. S/T still has the best logo, though.
Logos are for corporations, not rock bands, boy!