Capital Crisis

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
River
Long Time Jerk

Capital Crisis

Post by River »

I have been looking everywhere and I cant find a download for the Capital Crisis bootleg (this is a bootleg from the 16 tons tour at the capitol theatre in New Jersey). The capital radio bootleg I have has a lot of clipping at the end and I think Capital Crisis has the 16 tons intro and full Clampdown. If anyone can find the download of it I would love to hear it and I bet plenty of other people would too.

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Re: Capital Crisis

Post by daredevil »

Have you tried the "megalist" in the sound of the sinners forum? it might be there.

Edit: also the Capital Radio CD or For F**ks Sake CD have much better sound than Capital Crises, if looking for a bootleg Disc.

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

I tried the megalist and it is the one I have. I read that on Blackmarketclash and I still would wish to hear it because of the full clampdown and the clipping at the end of tommy gun bothers me a lot. haha. I also read that there is a Capital Radio Master tape. That has a much better sound than every source of the Capital Theatre show. It also has full Clampdown and no clipping but, that one is very hard to find.

Still216
Hoy Without The Hoy

Post by Still216 »

I live by the river wrote:I have been looking everywhere and I cant find a download for the Capital Crisis bootleg (this is a bootleg from the 16 tons tour at the capitol theatre in New Jersey). The capital radio bootleg I have has a lot of clipping at the end and I think Capital Crisis has the 16 tons intro and full Clampdown. If anyone can find the download of it I would love to hear it and I bet plenty of other people would too.
I have the Capital Crisis CD. Silver "import" disc, acquired it back in '97. I was always under the impression it was one of the more common Clash boots. I can upload it in lossless, but I won't be near it for a week or so at least.
Sit on my lap, I'm sober! - cretin
Dylan can never care about anything, not a troublesome woman, not a beleagured workingman, not a fingerless glove or sleeveless jacket, as much as Andrew WK cares about partying. - Silent Majority

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Still216 wrote:
I live by the river wrote:I have been looking everywhere and I cant find a download for the Capital Crisis bootleg (this is a bootleg from the 16 tons tour at the capitol theatre in New Jersey). The capital radio bootleg I have has a lot of clipping at the end and I think Capital Crisis has the 16 tons intro and full Clampdown. If anyone can find the download of it I would love to hear it and I bet plenty of other people would too.
I have the Capital Crisis CD. Silver "import" disc, acquired it back in '97. I was always under the impression it was one of the more common Clash boots. I can upload it in lossless, but I won't be near it for a week or so at least.
Another sojourn to Siberia, huh?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

Still216 wrote:
That would be great but is there any way you could upload it not in lossless?

tribhuvanji
Corner Soul

Post by tribhuvanji »

Hey there - I just acquired an vinyl copy (2xLP, circa 1980) of Capital Crisis and am more than happy to rip it for you (was going to rip it anyway!).
I have not spun it just yet and so I can't comment on the quality, though the copy looks vg++ at least.
In any case the rip will be 24bit 96kHz flac from an audiophile rig.

~~Occupy Wall Street ~~
Take control back from the 1%

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

tribhuvanji wrote:Hey there - I just acquired an vinyl copy (2xLP, circa 1980) of Capital Crisis and am more than happy to rip it for you (was going to rip it anyway!).
I have not spun it just yet and so I can't comment on the quality, though the copy looks vg++ at least.
In any case the rip will be 24bit 96kHz flac from an audiophile rig.

~~Occupy Wall Street ~~
Take control back from the 1%
That would be great thank you very much!

The Baker
Dirty Punk

Post by The Baker »

Aren't all of these audio sources ultimately just a dub from the video? If that's the case, anybody could make their own great audio recording if they have a nice low gen copy of the video.

Big E

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

The Baker wrote:Aren't all of these audio sources ultimately just a dub from the video? If that's the case, anybody could make their own great audio recording if they have a nice low gen copy of the video.

Big E
Well yeah but the Capital Crisis boot is the one with the full Clampdown and I'm very sure there is a video of it to but the quality of the video sucks and like I said before there is an amazing sounding CD the Capital Radio master tapes but I assume thats extremely rare.

The Baker
Dirty Punk

Post by The Baker »

I live by the river wrote:
The Baker wrote:Aren't all of these audio sources ultimately just a dub from the video? If that's the case, anybody could make their own great audio recording if they have a nice low gen copy of the video.

Big E
Well yeah but the Capital Crisis boot is the one with the full Clampdown and I'm very sure there is a video of it to but the quality of the video sucks and like I said before there is an amazing sounding CD the Capital Radio master tapes but I assume thats extremely rare.
By "Capital Radio master tapes", are you saying that this show was also broadcasted on the radio locally in fm stereo, or do you mean to say that Capital Radio in London has a broadcast reel tape of this show? Either way, it's the first I've heard of it. I'm going to compare Clampdown on my Capital Crisis cd to my 1st Gen video.

Big E

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

The Baker wrote:
I live by the river wrote:

Big E
By "Capital Radio master tapes", are you saying that this show was also broadcasted on the radio locally in fm stereo, or do you mean to say that Capital Radio in London has a broadcast reel tape of this show? Either way, it's the first I've heard of it. I'm going to compare Clampdown on my Capital Crisis cd to my 1st Gen video.

Big E
Well, this is what it says on BMC "The Capital Radio CD master recording is unedited at 80.10 and has better sound than the CD, but only just. Digital clipping is less of a problem too. Clampdown is complete. Very enjoyable to listen too and the best sounding 1980 whole show bootleg."

tribhuvanji
Corner Soul

Post by tribhuvanji »

I went digging around and as luck would have it I found a copy of the DVD and could compare it to the LP.

The primary differences between the audio are:
A. The DVD is sourced "from the master" Pro Shot video, which in itself is a soundboard recording, the LP is an audience recording.
B. The LP includes the intro music "Sixteen Tons" (although copies of the video with this do exist)
C. "Working For The Clampdown" is included in it's entirety on the LP.

As an audience recording, the quality is quite good and listenable.
The recording is straight through without any cuts or fades, but it seems that the tape head may have been mis-aligned during playback for the LP mastering as there are areas of the recording when you can hear the other side of the tape in reverse. Of course the EQ'ing is different and you can hear lot's more audience throughout.

In any case, I have already ripped it from the LP (as promised!), and am prepping it for upp'ing.
I should be back over this coming weekend with the posting.

-tribh

tribhuvanji
Corner Soul

Post by tribhuvanji »

Alright... It's up!

Please find the vinyl rip here:

Look for user "tribh" on d e m o n o i d . m e

Sorry if you don't like bt, I can't tolerate those "file download", rs type sites, naturally you're free at your will to share it any other way you like any time

Enjoy!

blureu
Dirty Punk

Post by blureu »

Thanks for posting the rip. Thought I had a d e m o n o i d account but apparently I don't. Can someone send me an invite code to sign-up?