The Clash on PM Magazine 1979

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
appleseed
Dirty Punk

The Clash on PM Magazine 1979

Post by appleseed »

[youtube][/youtube]

I loved seeing this. Anyone know what show is featured?

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Clash on PM Magazine 1979

Post by Rat Patrol »

PM Magazine...now there's a show I haven't heard about in a long time. Used to watch that after the evening news. Was sandwiched in that 7:00 hour before prime time when there's always 1 syndicated entertainment news show followed by a game show like Wheel of Fortune or Jeopardy. Recall it as a slightly smarter take on the Entertainment Tonight format. They had a lot of good in-depth clips like that.

If LC was charting this has to be 16 Tons U.S. tour in March. Could be the pair of tour opener dates in San Fran (PM Mag was based there). Crowd sound vaguely NY-accented and not Cali, and are in an urban setting, so I'd lean more towards the Palladium gig.

BMC doesn't have this one on its videos list.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

appleseed wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

I loved seeing this. Anyone know what show is featured?
Definitely the 16 Tons Tour, March '80. Looks like the Palladium...can't be The Warfield (San Fran). I've seen this clip before on YouTube and remember the TV show being called Lifetimes or something like that. Also, that's gotta be Huell Howser of California's Gold fame as the narrator/interviewer.

Edit: BMC mentions it. Apparently, the segment originally aired on Lifetimes. I guess PM Magazine aired the segment as well. There's a pic of the band being interviewed by Huell (sure does look like him) backstage at the Palladium.

http://homepage.mac.com/blackmarketclas ... adium.html

Here's a longer clip:

[youtube][/youtube]

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

PM Mag allowed other stations to pick up its stories for their own local editions: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PM_Magazine#Expansion. Something about FCC loopholes and skirting a full network affiliate setup by pooling local station reporting.

It most likely originated with PM Mag, and then Lifetimes and some others picked it up.

drugstabbingmime
Corner Soul

Post by drugstabbingmime »

I Love the arrogant clash unity that comes out when they're asked what they're on about. This is one of my favorite clash interview clips, hadn't seen it in a long time. Thanks for posting!