The Clash

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Clash

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Has there been a ruling on how often we can play the Blind Squirrel card when Hoy agrees with one of us?
I still go by the 30% rule.
What does that translate into in terms of uses? Does everyone get, say, ten? And do they get replenished once in awhile or is it a one time only deal? This is important because I don't want to go on the record as agreeing with him if I've only got a finite number of get out of Hoy jail cards.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Has there been a ruling on how often we can play the Blind Squirrel card when Hoy agrees with one of us?
I still go by the 30% rule.
What does that translate into in terms of uses? Does everyone get, say, ten? And do they get replenished once in awhile or is it a one time only deal? This is important because I don't want to go on the record as agreeing with him if I've only got a finite number of get out of Hoy jail cards.
Naw. It's just an average over time. If he's right at a higher rate, it just means that later he'll be even more astoundingly wrong than usual.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:If he's right at a higher rate, it just means that later he'll be even more astoundingly wrong than usual.
I wonder if the guys behind PECOTA can help us out on this.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote: I still go by the 30% rule.
Naw. It's just an average over time. If he's right at a higher rate, it just means that later he'll be even more astoundingly wrong than usual.
Eumaas is at 5%. In fact I don't remember what we agreed on. Maybe Debaser
Gutter is at 30%. We have Rock and Roll High School, anti-saves, boobs, and Debaser.
Flex is a solid 40-50%. We have Bruce.

Hooks, I think you are at a Eumaasian level.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Thank you, Mate. Yeah, Hooks - I forgot to mention that that 30% is adjusted for Gutter factors.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:Eumaas is at 5%. In fact I don't remember what we agreed on. Maybe Debaser
Gutter is at 30%. We have Rock and Roll High School, anti-saves, boobs, and Debaser.

I knew there was a reason why I love Gene like a brother.

matedog

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:Eumaas is at 5%. In fact I don't remember what we agreed on. Maybe Debaser

Are you really my pro-CR (to some extent) ally?

And Gutter, you also appreciate the Reese's right?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Did you know Flex's Comics/Television vs. music splits are ungodly?

And yes, I do love the Reese's. You don't actually pronounce them Ree-Sees, do you?

matedog

Post by matedog »

Wolter wrote:Did you know Flex's Comics/Television vs. music splits are ungodly?

And yes, I do love the Reese's. You don't actually pronounce them Ree-Sees, do you?
Ree-sees? Hell no.

Ungodly good?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Are you really my pro-CR (to some extent) ally?
On CR and GEER, yes, we share space in a venn diagram. One of the great things about eumaas is that he and I disagree on so much, yet our fear and loathing at your choices and ambitions trumps it all.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

matedog wrote:
Wolter wrote:Did you know Flex's Comics/Television vs. music splits are ungodly?

Ree-sees? Hell no.

Ungodly good?
This is what it sounds like when doves cry.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
matedog wrote:

Ree-sees? Hell no.

Ungodly good?
This is what it sounds like when doves cry.
You know what would make that song suck more? If Bruce did it. (A lazy swing at a fat pitch down the middle …)

Mash
Dirty Punk

Post by Mash »

matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:Fact: Cut the Crap is better than Combat Rock.

Fact: The '83 Demos are better than Cut the Crap.

By the transitive properties, the '83 Demos are better than Combat Rock. As for the BAD calalog, give me some poorly recorded rock n roll over cheesy synthesizer music any day of the week and twice a day in the month of Smarch (a twist on a classic saying!).
Your facts smell like the opinions of a urine-soaked hobo who yells at his feet.
I agree, CR is clearly better than GEER.
Yeah, and Hitsville UK is the pinnacle of Clash song writing.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote: You know what would make any song suck more? If Bruce did it.
Mate-baited.

Post by Guest »

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote: You know what would make any song suck more? If Bruce did it.
Mate-baited.
I shall abstain from both logging in and commenting on the matter. -m