EET Week covers

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: EET Week covers

Post by matedog »

I was giving GEER a customary spin yesterday and ten years after the fact, I realized that I stole the ending for my Dictator cover (drum fill abruptly ending before the down beat (or 1)) from the ending of Safe European Home. It's 16th notes vs. triplets, but it's basically the exact same ending and 100% unintentional and took me ten years to realize.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

matedog wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 1:28pm

I was giving GEER a customary spin yesterday and ten years after the fact, I realized that I stole the ending for my Dictator cover (drum fill abruptly ending before the down beat (or 1)) from the ending of Safe European Home. It's 16th notes vs. triplets, but it's basically the exact same ending and 100% unintentional and took me ten years to realize.
Assuming you'll be sending the surviving members a check as an amends for your thievery? :mrgreen:
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Sparky wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 2:02pm
matedog wrote:
22 Jun 2022, 1:28pm

Assuming you'll be sending the surviving members a check as an amends for your thievery? :mrgreen:
Every time I think I have a creative idea, I realize I don't.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.