In England...

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!

???

The Clash
71%
The Jam
29%

Total votes: 41

Jimmy Jazz
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: In England...

Post by Jimmy Jazz »

Springsteen is pretty short too. Shorter then I thought he'd be anyway. Which means Eminem must be about 5 feet tall.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Jimmy Jazz wrote:Springsteen is pretty short too. Shorter then I thought he'd be anyway. Which means Eminem must be about 5 feet tall.

Sad sack rapping midget.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

nsc
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by nsc »

Marky Dread wrote:
nsc wrote:you can't compare off the peg: burtons, fred perry etc with designers doing this years clash collection. give me a break has anybody seen Clash 2?
even the hair was the same.

co-ordination - first rule for any gang.
Yep I agree about the Clash II but I can show you a stack of Jam pictures where each member looks like they belong to a different band, The News of The World single with Weller in his carnaby st. mod attire and Rick in a bikers leather jacket just don't work for example.
marky dread, god love them for that but weller was always away from the numbers.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

nsc wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
nsc wrote:you can't compare off the peg: burtons, fred perry etc with designers doing this years clash collection. give me a break has anybody seen Clash 2?

Yep I agree about the Clash II but I can show you a stack of Jam pictures where each member looks like they belong to a different band, The News of The World single with Weller in his carnaby st. mod attire and Rick in a bikers leather jacket just don't work for example.
marky dread, god love them for that but weller was always away from the numbers.
In that picture of him running through the woods with war paint on and carrying a spear I would say he was away with the fairies. By the way as much as I like PW you are on a hiding to nothing comparing the Fashion mistakes of The Clash to PW remember at the time of The Clash mk II PW was in the Style Council and whilst sometimes that Cappuccino Kid looked cool other times it was a nightmare.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
nsc wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

In that picture of him running through the woods with war paint on and carrying a spear I would say he was away with the fairies. By the way as much as I like PW you are on a hiding to nothing comparing the Fashion mistakes of The Clash to PW remember at the time of The Clash mk II PW was in the Style Council and whilst sometimes that Cappuccino Kid looked cool other times it was a nightmare.
I think we all had our moments in 1984 !!

nsc
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by nsc »

Marky Dread wrote:
nsc wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

he probably was (away with the fairies) but the clash 2 looked like fairies.
:cool:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

he probably was (away with the fairies) but the clash 2 looked like fairies.

Agreed. :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Miffers Bones

Post by Miffers Bones »

For some sum dumass reason the Jam always get more radio play than the clash.
BUT I`LL say this id radder watch from the jam than have to sit threw a weller gig,he can play but has no
passion for my liking.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Miffers Bones wrote:For some sum dumass reason the Jam always get more radio play than the clash.
BUT I`LL say this id radder watch from the jam than have to sit threw a weller gig,he can play but has no
passion for my liking.
The Jam were a great live act, great sound and energy, one of the best live bands I've seen !!!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
Miffers Bones wrote:For some sum dumass reason the Jam always get more radio play than the clash.
passion for my liking.
The Jam were a great live act, great sound and energy, one of the best live bands I've seen !!!
This is so true.

If only they had taken a few more risks they would've been perfect, but i'll settle for great.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

luca can't fail

Post by luca can't fail »

Well said!
Rat Patrol wrote:Oh, no question they've never had Weller's penis out of their mouths for 25 years while Clash bashing pre-corporate revival was an NME-sponsored national sport. But I still prefer reaching out to a world audience over trying to be the biggest fish in a small and shrinking pond. Weller was locked more into Little Englander mode than even Anglo-centric artists like Morrissey, who at least tours the U.S. and world regularly and doesn't mail in his performances when he goes abroad.