Lost in the Supermarket

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Lost in the Supermarket

Post by bazarboy75 »

Guest wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
I'm skeptical about this. I believe someone said there is a French review of that show that says it. Is that correct bazarboy? -mate not logged in.
http://homepage.mac.com/blackmarketclas ... %2006.html

Right on this page (in french) the journalist speak about rebel waltz
28th october ?

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

bazarboy75 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
I'm skeptical about this. I believe someone said there is a French review of that show that says it. Is that correct bazarboy? -mate not logged in.

28th october ?
"Les Clash remodelent entieremente leur repertoire pour lui donner un ton unique de London's Burning a Rebel Waltz."

Translation?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:
bazarboy75 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:

28th october ?
"Les Clash remodelent entieremente leur repertoire pour lui donner un ton unique de London's Burning a Rebel Waltz."

Translation?
My French is rudimentary but I'm sure there's something about Donner Kebab in there, and Paul's bass farting.

BBoy?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

My French is crap but that looks like..

Les Clash remodelent entieremente leur repertoire pour lui donner un ton unique de London's Burning a Rebel Waltz
The Clash changed their entire reportoire(set) and produced a unique version of Londons burning/rebel waltz

Babel fish reckons..The Clash reorganize entieremente their repertory to give him a single tone of London' S Burning has Rebel Waltz.......

Hayes: 1

Babel Fish: 0 (Talking bollocks)
Last edited by Purple Hayes on 01 Sep 2008, 7:41pm, edited 1 time in total.
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

Heston

Post by Heston »

Purple Hayes wrote:My French is crap but that looks like..

Les Clash remodelent entieremente leur repertoire pour lui donner un ton unique de London's Burning a Rebel Waltz
The Clash changed their entire reportoire(set) and produced a unique version of Londons burning/rebel waltz
You've been knocking off the French au-pair haven't you?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Sub

Post by Sub »

matedog wrote:
bazarboy75 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:

28th october ?

Translation?
The Clash completely remodeled their repertoir to give a single tone (sound?), from London's Burning to Rebel Waltz.

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Heston wrote:

Tak ale ona nie jest język francuski ona jest język polski (blask) łączą
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

Heston

Post by Heston »

Purple Hayes wrote:
Heston wrote:

Tak ale ona nie jest język francuski ona jest język polski (blask) łączą
Ah, so she's called Tatiana and she's Polish. Nice....

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

You got the gist.. :mrgreen:

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Purple Hayes wrote:You got the gist.. :mrgreen:
and you give me shit for eating Dijon mustard. Do you give her back her passport back when she annoys you or do you just ring immigration :mrgreen:

Heston

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
and you give me shit for eating Dijon mustard. Do you give her back her passport back when she annoys you or do you just ring immigration :mrgreen:
He asks her to come to the match with him.

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

101Walterton wrote:
If she was Russian that would work, but Poland is part of the EU and she's perfectly entitled to stay here, work here and screw the odd local if she so pleases :mrgreen:

Take her to Football? Are you mad? Have you seen the bleedin' ticket prices at Stamford Bridge?

NotKnownATA
Corner Soul

Post by NotKnownATA »

Rat Patrol wrote: But considering Joe wrote it about Mick it was a little...inappropriate...to trot it out live after the sacking.
This isn't true. He wrote it about himself. Mick thought that Joe wrote it about him, and Joe let him believe that.

Did Mick ever live in the suburbs? No. Did Joe? Yes.

Did Joe ever live in a high rise? At the time he wrote the song, yes. Were there kids in the hall? Yes. Pipes in the wall? Yes?Was there a supermarket at the entrance to the estate? Yes.

What reason would he have for letting people - including Mick - think it was about Mick?

He didn't want anyone to think he was a wimp.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

NotKnownATA wrote:This isn't true. He wrote it about himself. Mick thought that Joe wrote it about him, and Joe let him believe that.

Did Mick ever live in the suburbs? No. Did Joe? Yes.

Did Joe ever live in a high rise? At the time he wrote the song, yes. Were there kids in the hall? Yes. Pipes in the wall? Yes?Was there a supermarket at the entrance to the estate? Yes.

What reason would he have for letting people - including Mick - think it was about Mick?

He didn't want anyone to think he was a wimp.
Why even bother writing the song then?
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

I red an interview of Joe and Mick (at the time) who spoke about this song. They said that the people of sony wanted Mick on the microphone on this one because he got a more "pop" voice.
And it worked well with the song.