White Riot

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Inder
corecore vanguard

White Riot

Post by Inder »

Where is the version sans-siren intro from? I thought it was on the S/T, but my CD has the sireny one on it. I could've sworn my copy of the LP at home had a different mix of the song.

Sub

Re: White Riot

Post by Sub »

It's on the UK S/T

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

That's the CD I've got but it has the sirens on it. How curious.

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

Inder wrote:That's the CD I've got but it has the sirens on it. How curious.
Could be that your version is the 1999 remaster? Could be that they updated the UK disc w/ the later US mix on the remaster series.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

threecoffins wrote:
Inder wrote:That's the CD I've got but it has the sirens on it. How curious.
Could be that your version is the 1999 remaster? Could be that they updated the UK disc w/ the later US mix on the remaster series.
I'm nearly sure the 1999 remaster had the no-siren version. Which is the much better version in my opinion.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Man, all these editions.

Oh well -- I'll have to track it down on the internets.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I can confirm that the '99 U/K remaster has the album version of WR, not the single version. I think Inder should just kill Wolter and take his Clash cds.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

simo
Long Time Jerk

Post by simo »

Not sure but the iTunes version of UK S/T has the sirens version. I just assumed they updated it on re-release.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:I can confirm that the '99 U/K remaster has the album version of WR, not the single version. I think Inder should just kill Wolter and take his Clash cds.
Wouldn't help. I don't actually have the UK version anywhere right now.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wolter wrote:
Flex wrote:I can confirm that the '99 U/K remaster has the album version of WR, not the single version. I think Inder should just kill Wolter and take his Clash cds.
Well, then, kill Wolter and steal Hookworm's cds.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Well, then, kill Wolter and steal Hookworm's cds.
Try and lug 'em if you're brave enough to risk a hernia. They're all in my basement in a couple massive boxes. I've lossied them all for iPod listening.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

You sure you aren't confusing it with the TFIU version that is a weird amalgamation of the two?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Isn't the 4/77 Beaconsfield video promo version the same take (different mix) as the UK album version? In that case the performance if not the mix is rippable from the Essential DVD.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Rat Patrol wrote:Isn't the 4/77 Beaconsfield video promo version the same take (different mix) as the UK album version? In that case the performance if not the mix is rippable from the Essential DVD.
No dice. That has Topper and features him trying to play eighth notes during the first verse. The UK version is pure Terry gold.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

From Black Market Clash;

Not satisfied with the 'Polydor Demos', The Clash had a go early new year at producing something better at Beaconsfield Studios with Mikey Foote. Terry Chimes stands in on drums again following on from Rob Harper.

From these Mickey Foote sessions, White Riot was remixed for the LP. These tracks may have been broadcast by the BBC though this is unsure.