Clash Released in Japan only

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
mikem77
Corner Soul

Clash Released in Japan only

Post by mikem77 »

My girlfriend is heading to Japan in a few weeks for work. I was going to ask her to keep an eye out for any interesting records while she was there. I know there was a Japanese reissue of sandanista with a bonus DVD that was only released in Japan. I also saw a cool 7" singles box set on the web that was only released in Japan. I think it was different than the one that was released in the states. Anyone know if any others to be in the look out for?

I'm not really sure what the prices are in Tokyo and all of this stuff is available for the right price on the web. But thought maybe it would be cool if she saw some cool albums that we're reasonably priced.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: Clash Released in Japan only

Post by matedog »

There is only one record you need to get in Japan:
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Besides Cut the Crap, I believe the Japanese singles box is considered to be higher quality than the US/UK counterpart (the artwork was transferred better or something), and the CD version includes some corrected track stuff that got fucked up on the US version (the details escape me at the moment). Real trainspotter stuff, but there ya go.

Buy me the Japanese releases of Beach Boys Rarities and Jan and Dean take Brian Wilson Surfing and I'll let Matey give you a bj.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

Flex wrote:Buy me the Japanese releases of Beach Boys Rarities and Jan and Dean take Brian Wilson Surfing and I'll let Matey give you a bj.
I think the correct term is blowie.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

matedog

Post by matedog »

Spiff wrote:
Flex wrote:Buy me the Japanese releases of Beach Boys Rarities and Jan and Dean take Brian Wilson Surfing and I'll let Matey give you a bj.
I think the correct term is blowie.
I was so confused by the inclusion of my name and Spiff's avatar.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Flex wrote:Besides Cut the Crap, I believe the Japanese singles box is considered to be higher quality than the US/UK counterpart (the artwork was transferred better or something), and the CD version includes some corrected track stuff that got fucked up on the US version (the details escape me at the moment). Real trainspotter stuff, but there ya go.
Yes that rings a bell I think there were some additional tracks as well.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Didn't the Japanese version include the Cost of Living ad?
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wolter wrote:Didn't the Japanese version include the Cost of Living ad?
Yeah, that's what was missing in the U.S. version.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

matedog

Post by matedog »

Flex wrote:
There was some other minutiae that only fanboys/girls like ourselves would really care about. Like an extra remix of Mag 7 that technically should have been included with the five other mixes but was left off the US version.

mikem77
Corner Soul

Post by mikem77 »

Cool. I'm going to have her keep an eye out for the 7" singles box set. I dropped the ball when the version came out in the u.s. I remember seeing it for $55 and it seemed like a lot of money to throw down at the time. I definitely can't get it for that price now.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Outside Broadcast or Radio 27 or something ?

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Flex wrote:
This is what I remember.

Also, I think the cover art for the singles is slightly different (better). Didn't Tripper post something about the differences in '06?

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Oh yeah, The Rise and Fall of The Clash DVD is already out in Japan. It's region 2.

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
Flex wrote:
This is what I remember.
Also, I think the cover art for the singles is slightly different (better). Didn't Tripper post something about the differences in '06?
I think the Japanese version also included mini replicas of the sticker inserts from the later (Combat Rock) singles (!)
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

esteemantis
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by esteemantis »

Might be just as rare in Japan as in the States, but the Japanese version of the s/t vinyl was a Pearl Habour edition. Cool artwork, but usually sells for $50 US or so.

An OBI strip makes anything look cool though - so just get a clash record with an OBI strip on it.
Conan: Did you like the Clash?
John: No. Isn't that good enough? No, no, no.
Conan: Oh Come on, elaborate. Why, did you guys think you were trying to do different things?
John: Well, their kind of songwriting really was just a few quotes from Karl Marx around a merry little melody.
Conan: With a driving back beat that just wouldn't quit!