TRAC Demo's

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 12693
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: TRAC Demo's

Post by Kory »

appleseed1 wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 10:33pm
gkbill wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 7:11pm
Wolter wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 4:27pm
Wolter wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 4:23pm
appleseed1 wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 4:13pm
Wow. Somehow the TRAC demos I downloaded in 2011 just had 8 tracks. I didn't realize until I was poking around last night that there was a download with 13 tracks. Discovering this Winning track has floored me. I had no idea it existed. This is mindblowing. It's going to take me a while to process this one. Mick playing with Topper and directly commenting on The Clash's break-up? I cannot believe I hadn't heard this before. Thanks to Marky for remastering these. Just wow.
Wait. What?!? I only have the 8 too!
Anyone have the download link for this?
Hello,

I also would like to get the expanded version. Thanks!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/bv2w8j5y ... C.rar/file
Man, I'm glad I checked in here today. Thanks!
WWK: I feel confident we haven't heard the last from Dr. Harvey Camel.

appleseed1
User avatar
Dirty Punk
Posts: 73
Joined: 04 Jul 2016, 3:08pm

Re: TRAC Demo's

Post by appleseed1 »


Man, I'm glad I checked in here today. Thanks!
I know. How great is Winning? I can't stop playing it!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 34803
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: TRAC Demo's

Post by Heston »

Can anyone help with the lyrics to Euroshima? Me and BB were thinking of working on a TRAC cover as a little lockdown project but I'm having trouble dechiphering the words, they're so low in the mix.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 48005
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: TRAC Demo's

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 5:09pm
Can anyone help with the lyrics to Euroshima? Me and BB were thinking of working on a TRAC cover as a little lockdown project but I'm having trouble dechiphering the words, they're so low in the mix.
I'll take a listen tomorrow mate and get back to you. As I've just remixed those tracks.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 34803
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: TRAC Demo's

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 7:14pm
Heston wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 5:09pm
Can anyone help with the lyrics to Euroshima? Me and BB were thinking of working on a TRAC cover as a little lockdown project but I'm having trouble dechiphering the words, they're so low in the mix.
I'll take a listen tomorrow mate and get back to you. As I've just remixed those tracks.
Excellent. Cheers Marky.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 48005
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: TRAC Demo's

Post by Marky Dread »

Okay I think this is as good as I can do:


As the lights went out in Alabam
A fireball that was retro grad
It was a public statement that said
Associations had gone bad

And then the world cooled
There'd been a big mistake
And we've had the last days
It's coming down

So we climb into our cardboard boxes
The basement under the table
While the straight mile
Down beneath the parliament
They say the situations stable

And it's a world for the right things
Baby do you understand
It's coming down

Euroshima
Euroshima

As the rock we dragged was never sold
Off the state of Minnesota
We must stop bragging we mustn't fail
To save it going much colder

And it's a world for acknowledgement
While we drink from the snakes
That's coming down

Meanwhile on the homestead
We've all got to stay in
Counting tins of peaches
Clutching keepers guns

Cause It's a world calling us
Who sit and wait
That they precipitate
That's coming down

Euroshima
Euroshima


We all f-fade bystanders
That's burning to the rest
Once feeling exchanged in anger
That's left everybody dead

N' It's a world that's starts fear instead
What they know you want
It's coming down

The wind that blew the fallout
Is floating through the air
The rivers full of floating fish
We sit pulling out clumps of hair


This is the world where
We are the missile bait
Tell me is this hate
That's coming down

Euroshima
Euroshima
Euroshima
Last edited by Marky Dread on 05 Nov 2020, 8:58pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 34803
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: TRAC Demo's

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 8:50pm
Okay I think this is as good as I can do:


As the lights went out in Alabam
A fireball that was retro grad
It was a public statement that said
Associations had gone bad

And then the world cooled
There'd been a big mistake
And we've had the last days
It's coming down

So we climb into our cardboard boxes
The basement under the table
While the straight mile
Down beneath the parliament
They say the situations stable

And it's a world for the right things
Baby do you understand
It's coming down

Euroshima
Euroshima

As the rock we dragged was never sold
Off the state of Minnesota
We must stop bragging we mustn't fail
To save it going much colder

And it's a world for acknowledgement
While we drink from the snakes
That's coming down

Meanwhile on the homestead
We've all got to stay in
Counting tins of peaches
Clutching keepers guns

Cause It's a world for those
Who sit and wait
That they precipitate
That's coming down

Euroshima
Euroshima


We all f-fade bystanders
That's burning to the rest
Once feeling exchanged in anger
That's left everybody dead

N' It's a world that's starts fear instead
What they know you want
It's coming down

The wind that blew the fallout
Is floating through the air
The rivers full of floating fish
We sit pulling out clumps of hair


This is the world where
We are the missile bait
Tell me is this hate
That's coming down

Euroshima
Euroshima
Euroshima
Bloody hell mate, how do you do it? :approve:

Great set of lyrics from Mick (?)
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 48005
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: TRAC Demo's

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 8:55pm
Marky Dread wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 8:50pm
Okay I think this is as good as I can do:


As the lights went out in Alabam
A fireball that was retro grad
It was a public statement that said
Associations had gone bad

And then the world cooled
There'd been a big mistake
And we've had the last days
It's coming down

So we climb into our cardboard boxes
The basement under the table
While the straight mile
Down beneath the parliament
They say the situations stable

And it's a world for the right things
Baby do you understand
It's coming down

Euroshima
Euroshima

As the rock we dragged was never sold
Off the state of Minnesota
We must stop bragging we mustn't fail
To save it going much colder

And it's a world for acknowledgement
While we drink from the snakes
That's coming down

Meanwhile on the homestead
We've all got to stay in
Counting tins of peaches
Clutching keepers guns

Cause It's a world for those
Who sit and wait
That they precipitate
That's coming down

Euroshima
Euroshima


We all f-fade bystanders
That's burning to the rest
Once feeling exchanged in anger
That's left everybody dead

N' It's a world that's starts fear instead
What they know you want
It's coming down

The wind that blew the fallout
Is floating through the air
The rivers full of floating fish
We sit pulling out clumps of hair


This is the world where
We are the missile bait
Tell me is this hate
That's coming down

Euroshima
Euroshima
Euroshima
Bloody hell mate, how do you do it? :approve:

Great set of lyrics from Mick (?)
Great indeed. :approve: I've just edited one bit in bold on my original post which flows better. Difficult to hear some of these lyrics but I think these are reasonably close enough.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

TeddyB Not Logged In
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1789
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 8:42pm

Re: TRAC Demo's

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Poorly paraphrasing him, Mick says nuclear Holocaust is present in much of his work.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 48005
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: TRAC Demo's

Post by Marky Dread »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
06 Nov 2020, 12:40am
Poorly paraphrasing him, Mick says nuclear Holocaust is present in much of his work.
Nuclear paranoia was being sold to us by the bucket load back in the 80s.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

laxman
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2742
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:05pm

Re: TRAC Demo's

Post by laxman »

Marky Dread wrote:
06 Nov 2020, 4:37am
TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
06 Nov 2020, 12:40am
Poorly paraphrasing him, Mick says nuclear Holocaust is present in much of his work.
Nuclear paranoia was being sold to us by the bucket load back in the 80s.
Euroshima would have been a great theme song for an 80s nuclear disaster movie.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 48005
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: TRAC Demo's

Post by Marky Dread »

laxman wrote:
06 Nov 2020, 3:28pm
Marky Dread wrote:
06 Nov 2020, 4:37am
TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
06 Nov 2020, 12:40am
Poorly paraphrasing him, Mick says nuclear Holocaust is present in much of his work.
Nuclear paranoia was being sold to us by the bucket load back in the 80s.
Euroshima would have been a great theme song for an 80s nuclear disaster movie.
Agree would've worked great for something like "Threads" or "When the Wind Blows".
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

TeddyB Not Logged In
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1789
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 8:42pm

Re: TRAC Demo's

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Or Years and Years. Which MJ insisted I watch

laxman
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 2742
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:05pm

Re: TRAC Demo's

Post by laxman »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
06 Nov 2020, 4:24pm
Or Years and Years. Which MJ insisted I watch
Was it worth it? I haven’t watched it yet.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 48005
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: TRAC Demo's

Post by Marky Dread »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
06 Nov 2020, 4:24pm
Or Years and Years. Which MJ insisted I watch
The drama tv show? I'll have to check it out.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

Post Reply