Rob Peter Pay Paul

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
NigelJacobs
Corner Soul

Re: Rob Peter Pay Paul

Post by NigelJacobs »

NigelJacobs wrote:
10 Aug 2022, 3:25pm
Can someone help me with the chords, please? I'm sure it'll be easy once I know!
Easy peasy! Fun song to play. Thanks for making me make the effort of working it out. (Probably don't like me because of my brother?)

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

After seeing Marky’s lyrics, let me amend something I said. I checked my files and BAD did record the song in question. I have it as “In For A Penny”, though again Mick told me it’s “The Return of the Great Consumer”. I hadn’t realized it’s the same song. It’s like how “Tyson” was the working title for “King of the Ring” around the same era. Make of this what you will. Maybe the title morphed from “Mazuma” to “Consumer”.

Incidentally, this was not one of those earmarked for the proposed album of unreleased songs at the time of the 2011 reunion.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
14 Aug 2022, 4:53pm
After seeing Marky’s lyrics, let me amend something I said. I checked my files and BAD did record the song in question. I have it as “In For A Penny”, though again Mick told me it’s “The Return of the Great Consumer”. I hadn’t realized it’s the same song. It’s like how “Tyson” was the working title for “King of the Ring” around the same era. Make of this what you will. Maybe the title morphed from “Mazuma” to “Consumer”.

Incidentally, this was not one of those earmarked for the proposed album of unreleased songs at the time of the 2011 reunion.
Really good track. Thanks for the further info Teddy. Appreciated as usual.😎

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Or maybe "King of the Ring" was the working title for "Tyson"...

NigelJacobs
Corner Soul

Post by NigelJacobs »

I thought they might have written some new songs? Some of the C/S stuff boded well for how it might have gone.

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

14 Aug 2022, 4:53pm

I didn't know about a proposed album, and wish it had gone ahead. Was there a track listing that was finalised?

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

dave202 wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 6:29am
I didn't know about a proposed album, and wish it had gone ahead. Was there a track listing that was finalised?
These working demos/outtakes were compiled as a basis for a proposed album in 2011. As I've posted before, the untimely passing of Gerry Harrington, who was managing the band reunion in the U.S, put paid to the idea.

Rob Peter Pay Paul, Open Book. Dog in a Satellite, Respray Black Sedan, All in the Eyes, When the Wind Blows, US North [4:25 version], Godslinger, Goodbye to the Stone, Tyson, Night Train, Tramp 101, Flesh is Weak, Dream City.

CorwoodRep
Unknown Immortal

Post by CorwoodRep »

Heston wrote:
12 Aug 2022, 4:26pm
CorwoodRep wrote:
12 Aug 2022, 2:39pm
Bit of a tangent, but it'd be cool to have a good soundboard recording of the BAD reunion after they added that second guitarist whose name escapes me. I have an audience tape of the show in Irvine (they did Rob Peter Pay Paul and I thought it was the highlight of the show) but that's about it. Some really phenomenal gigs from that reunion.
Lollapalooza was a great soundboard recording.
Does anyone have a digital copy of this they can send me? My dimeadozen membership lapsed a zillion years ago so I don't know where to find it.
"Put down the meth, boy." - TeddyB, 2013.

NigelJacobs
Corner Soul

Post by NigelJacobs »

15 Aug 2022, 6:33pm
dave202 wrote:
Rob Peter Pay Paul, Open Book. Dog in a Satellite, Respray Black Sedan, All in the Eyes, When the Wind Blows, US North [4:25 version], Godslinger, Goodbye to the Stone, Tyson, Night Train, Tramp 101, Flesh is Weak, Dream City.
Well, this is new!

NigelJacobs
Corner Soul

Post by NigelJacobs »

New/old

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

dave202 wrote:
These working demos/outtakes were compiled as a basis for a proposed album in 2011. As I've posted before, the untimely passing of Gerry Harrington, who was managing the band reunion in the U.S, put paid to the idea.

Thanks. I only know of a few of these.

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

My bad

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

dave202 wrote:

Thx fir the info Teddy never knew about this
I would love to here all that one day

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

bazarboy75 wrote:
16 Aug 2022, 11:08am
My bad
No it's everybody's BAD. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

CorwoodRep
Unknown Immortal

Post by CorwoodRep »

CorwoodRep wrote:
15 Aug 2022, 7:11pm
Heston wrote:
12 Aug 2022, 4:26pm
CorwoodRep wrote:
12 Aug 2022, 2:39pm
Bit of a tangent, but it'd be cool to have a good soundboard recording of the BAD reunion after they added that second guitarist whose name escapes me. I have an audience tape of the show in Irvine (they did Rob Peter Pay Paul and I thought it was the highlight of the show) but that's about it. Some really phenomenal gigs from that reunion.
Lollapalooza was a great soundboard recording.
Does anyone have a digital copy of this they can send me? My dimeadozen membership lapsed a zillion years ago so I don't know where to find it.
Got this sorted, so never mind. What a band.
"Put down the meth, boy." - TeddyB, 2013.