New Don Letts interview on The Hustle Podcast

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
YoungParisians
Bang Ice Geezer

New Don Letts interview on The Hustle Podcast

Post by YoungParisians »

There's a new interview with Don on the Hustle Podacst - https://thehustle.podbean.com/e/episode-419-don-letts/

I think this was recorded in March or April of this year. It's more of a career spanning talk with emphasis on the upcoming solo album. He talks a little bit of his time in B.A.D. (writing 60% of the lyrics, "not being a musician", vague reason for quitting), filming Rock The Casbah (Mick's attitude that day), giving Joe, Paul and Lydon credit for being early adopters of dub, answers a few questions about Joe during Upping St era, and an ambiguous hint about Bonds material being released.
Hello? Go ahead, man. Yeah I'd just like to say, um, lets have some music now, huh? Ok, ok...thank you.

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Re: New Don Letts interview on The Hustle Podcast

Post by Sparky »

YoungParisians wrote:
23 May 2023, 12:43pm
There's a new interview with Don on the Hustle Podacst - https://thehustle.podbean.com/e/episode-419-don-letts/

I think this was recorded in March or April of this year. It's more of a career spanning talk with emphasis on the upcoming solo album. He talks a little bit of his time in B.A.D. (writing 60% of the lyrics, "not being a musician", vague reason for quitting), filming Rock The Casbah (Mick's attitude that day), giving Joe, Paul and Lydon credit for being early adopters of dub, answers a few questions about Joe during Upping St era, and an ambiguous hint about Bonds material being released.
Thanks, downloaded a copy so I can listen to it on my iPod while on the go.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

SuzukiSamurai
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by SuzukiSamurai »

YoungParisians wrote:

Any mention of Bonds material being released brings a hopeful smile on my face. Thanks for the information! Going to give this a listen soon.

War on tape hiss!

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Cheers for this, good listen..
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

YoungParisians wrote:

I love ambiguous hints.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Kory wrote:
25 May 2023, 5:15pm
YoungParisians wrote:

I love ambiguous hints.
I bet you do.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Kory wrote:
25 May 2023, 5:15pm
YoungParisians wrote:

I love ambiguous hints.
Hello,

I might.

appleseed1
Sightsee MC

Post by appleseed1 »

Thanks for sharing! I look forward to hearing it.

amj241
Dirty Punk

Post by amj241 »

Thank you for the heads up! Was a nice way to pass the time in the office :smile: