This Is Big Audio Dynamite - Round 2

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.

Vote for the song you DON'T like

Poll ended at 16 May 2019, 1:56am

Medicine Show
5%
E=MC2
No votes
The Bottom Line
5%
A Party
9%
Sudden Impact
23%
Stone Thames
18%
BAD
41%

Total votes: 22

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: This Is Big Audio Dynamite - Round 2

Post by Silent Majority »

I also am less than comfortable with SEH. I'm not out here trying to cancel the Clash or BAD, it's just we've got the chance to talk about these songs and the context is going to change in the culture in thirty years. Saying that us snowflake leftist nerds find old caricatures in media less fun isn't a challenge to people who can enjoy those songs with out any worries. Personally, I don't need material to be totally right on to enjoy it. I like Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad and Turning Japanese by the Vapors.

That Sony Dub sounds particularly Rat Patrol From Fort Bragg.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: This Is Big Audio Dynamite - Round 2

Post by Wolter »

Silent Majority wrote:
16 May 2019, 2:48am
I also am less than comfortable with SEH. I'm not out here trying to cancel the Clash or BAD, it's just we've got the chance to talk about these songs and the context is going to change in the culture in thirty years. Saying that us snowflake leftist nerds find old caricatures in media less fun isn't a challenge to people who can enjoy those songs with out any worries. Personally, I don't need material to be totally right on to enjoy it. I like Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad and Turning Japanese by the Vapors.

That Sony Dub sounds particularly Rat Patrol From Fort Bragg.
Definitely. I listen to the fucking Meatmen, so it’s not like I’m a stranger to outright offensive shit. It’s not an issue where I’m saying it sucks or anyone is wrong to like SEH or Sony (I like the former a lot and the latter is still a very catchy song). Just that both have some aspects I’ve never been 100% comfortable with.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"