New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 30458
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by Heston » 25 Jul 2019, 7:47am

I obtained this via a friend from the master reel, it was never aired at the time...

Why should I plan for the future? Let the future make plans for me.

oliver
Junco Partner
Posts: 448
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 11:55am

Re: New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by oliver » 25 Jul 2019, 9:02am

Nice! What is that guitar Mick is playing? I don't remember seeing it before (but that might be old age)

Got to admit, I was a bit confused when Mick started burning paper - I thought he'd forgotten the lyrics and was getting a sneaky look.

Were A Party, E=MC2 and Medicine Show all the songs they played on The Tube?
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 30458
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by Heston » 25 Jul 2019, 9:07am

oliver wrote:
25 Jul 2019, 9:02am
Nice! What is that guitar Mick is playing? I don't remember seeing it before (but that might be old age)

Got to admit, I was a bit confused when Mick started burning paper - I thought he'd forgotten the lyrics and was getting a sneaky look.

Were A Party, E=MC2 and Medicine Show all the songs they played on The Tube?
It's the Roland Dalek's Handbag.

Yeah, looks like those were the three songs played. Only the latter two were aired.
Why should I plan for the future? Let the future make plans for me.

aza
Dirty Punk
Posts: 107
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 5:40pm

Re: New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by aza » 25 Jul 2019, 10:20am

I love this Thank you!

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 21227
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by matedog » 25 Jul 2019, 10:53am

Thanks for uploading Hes!
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 82521
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by Dr. Medulla » 25 Jul 2019, 10:57am

Mick's white duster from that period makes me wonder whether he remembered to turn off the bunsen burners in the lab before heading to the gig.
Poonty, boloques, juffmunch, carpoo, snazellfonks.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 30458
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by Heston » 25 Jul 2019, 11:18am

I'm on the hunt now for their performance on Get Fresh in 1986. Two songs but they were probably a lip-synch.
Why should I plan for the future? Let the future make plans for me.

white man
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1001
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:12pm
Location: Penshaw Manor

Re: New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by white man » 25 Jul 2019, 12:18pm

Has your mate got the master of the other two tracks John

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 30458
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by Heston » 25 Jul 2019, 12:54pm

white man wrote:
25 Jul 2019, 12:18pm
Has your mate got the master of the other two tracks John
Yes mate but it is MP4 and the quality is no better than what we have already. I can upload them if you want though?
Why should I plan for the future? Let the future make plans for me.

River
Junco Partner
Posts: 446
Joined: 19 May 2011, 4:23pm

Re: New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by River » 25 Jul 2019, 1:41pm

Wow, the arrangement is really different on this, a really nice dub-style version.

white man
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1001
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:12pm
Location: Penshaw Manor

Re: New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by white man » 25 Jul 2019, 2:46pm

Heston wrote:
25 Jul 2019, 12:54pm
white man wrote:
25 Jul 2019, 12:18pm
Has your mate got the master of the other two tracks John
Yes mate but it is MP4 and the quality is no better than what we have already. I can upload them if you want though?
Yes mate if you could. Any copies I had of it are a bit ropey now

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 30458
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by Heston » 25 Jul 2019, 2:50pm

white man wrote:
25 Jul 2019, 2:46pm
Heston wrote:
25 Jul 2019, 12:54pm
white man wrote:
25 Jul 2019, 12:18pm
Has your mate got the master of the other two tracks John
Yes mate but it is MP4 and the quality is no better than what we have already. I can upload them if you want though?
Yes mate if you could. Any copies I had of it are a bit ropey now
Do you want the full show? Will save me chopping.
Why should I plan for the future? Let the future make plans for me.

MarkyJacobs
Sightsee MC
Posts: 281
Joined: 30 Jan 2016, 7:41am

Re: New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by MarkyJacobs » 26 Jul 2019, 5:04pm

Heston wrote:
25 Jul 2019, 11:18am
I'm on the hunt now for their performance on Get Fresh in 1986. Two songs but they were probably a lip-synch.
I'm sure I've seen that. It'll be on You Tube somewhere.

MarkyJacobs
Sightsee MC
Posts: 281
Joined: 30 Jan 2016, 7:41am

Re: New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by MarkyJacobs » 26 Jul 2019, 5:05pm

Thanks for this upload. Amazing!

MarkyJacobs
Sightsee MC
Posts: 281
Joined: 30 Jan 2016, 7:41am

Re: New BAD footage from the Tube in 1986

Post by MarkyJacobs » 26 Jul 2019, 5:10pm

Heston wrote:
25 Jul 2019, 11:18am
I'm on the hunt now for their performance on Get Fresh in 1986. Two songs but they were probably a lip-synch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tib3-PV ... dio=1&t=0

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests