Mick guesting on cover of SISOSIG

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Mick guesting on cover of SISOSIG

Post by oliver »

Sorry if this is old news... just saw it reported today

https://louderthanwar.com/westworl/

US based LTW contributor Marc MsStea recently caught up with Elitabeth Westwood, they took the opportunity to discuss the formation of Westworld and whats next:
Currently touring as part of the ‘Let’s Rock’ package of mainly 80s acts she is also about to release an album under the band-name The Rebelles. They are a three-vocalist unit which also features Traci Hunter (Ian’s daughter), and Phoebe White. They specialize in reworking classic punk and glam songs into a vocally driven arrangement with constant interplay and interweaving of the three voices. For the upcoming album they’ve actually got a member of the original band on each track that they cover, which makes for a stellar guest list. How about the following; Ian Hunter, Woody Woodmansey, Clem Burke, Slim Jim Phantom, Glen Matlock, Chris Spedding, Kenney Jones and Mick Jones who also features in their promo clip for ‘Should I Stay Or Should I Go’.
The new one about to be released features Mick Jones playing a kind of 10 Rillington Place John Christie figure on our cover of ‘Should I Stay I Should I Go’.

I don't quite know what to make of that last paragraph. I like MJ and I like (the Richard Attenborough version of) 10 Rillington Place. MJ as Christie though?
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Mick guesting on cover of SISOSIG

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Lots of MJ connection with the Rebelles, between Tracy and Ms. Westwood. They played at a Rotten Hill filming as well.

101Walterton
The Best

Re: Mick guesting on cover of SISOSIG

Post by 101Walterton »

oliver wrote:
01 Aug 2019, 4:13pm
Sorry if this is old news... just saw it reported today

https://louderthanwar.com/westworl/

US based LTW contributor Marc MsStea recently caught up with Elitabeth Westwood, they took the opportunity to discuss the formation of Westworld and whats next:
Currently touring as part of the ‘Let’s Rock’ package of mainly 80s acts she is also about to release an album under the band-name The Rebelles. They are a three-vocalist unit which also features Traci Hunter (Ian’s daughter), and Phoebe White. They specialize in reworking classic punk and glam songs into a vocally driven arrangement with constant interplay and interweaving of the three voices. For the upcoming album they’ve actually got a member of the original band on each track that they cover, which makes for a stellar guest list. How about the following; Ian Hunter, Woody Woodmansey, Clem Burke, Slim Jim Phantom, Glen Matlock, Chris Spedding, Kenney Jones and Mick Jones who also features in their promo clip for ‘Should I Stay Or Should I Go’.
The new one about to be released features Mick Jones playing a kind of 10 Rillington Place John Christie figure on our cover of ‘Should I Stay I Should I Go’.

I don't quite know what to make of that last paragraph. I like MJ and I like (the Richard Attenborough version of) 10 Rillington Place. MJ as Christie though?
Well it is under the Westway in Clash Badlands!!