Entering A New Ride Remixed

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Entering A New Ride Remixed

Post by Marky Dread »

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

sonnyburnit
Junco Partner

Re: Entering A New Ride Remixed

Post by sonnyburnit »

Thanks for all your hard work, looking forward to this & the other 2 live comps.
I’ve always digged entering, some of mick’s best post-clash guitar work & although the lack of genuine lyrics would have kept it from being a commercial success, musically, it really swings in most places.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

sonnyburnit wrote:
28 Jun 2020, 2:47pm
Thanks for all your hard work, looking forward to this & the other 2 live comps.
I’ve always digged entering, some of mick’s best post-clash guitar work & although the lack of genuine lyrics would have kept it from being a commercial success, musically, it really swings in most places.
Cheers Sonny hope all is well with you.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Just something I've always wondered... what is he singing in 'Taking You To Another Dimension' at the part where it's '100% <something something>'?
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

oliver wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 1:15pm
Just something I've always wondered... what is he singing in 'Taking You To Another Dimension' at the part where it's '100% <something something>'?
I have no idea but i hear 100% honeymoon.

Love this album and i really like the fact that the shout outs were very close to home for the fans. Those were the regular unique shout outs used at the sound system nights by fans and DJs. This album i think is especially for those fans and even though i was never there i really love this and totally get the album and the atmosphere it creates.

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

btw if anyone here was a regular at those sound system nights i would love to hear about them and get your perspective of EANR regarding its relevance and what you think of the album like did it represent those nights well ?

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 4:02am
Love this album and i really like the fact that the shout outs were very close to home for the fans. Those were the regular unique shout outs used at the sound system nights by fans and DJs. This album i think is especially for those fans and even though i was never there i really love this and totally get the album and the atmosphere it creates.
This makes me think a little bit differently about this album. I had no idea about that context so the lyrics always seemed a little 'aerobics work-out tape' to me.

Musically, I really like it - lyrically, I get the impression they were completed in an afternoon.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk

Post by NoMoreHugh »

oliver wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 10:13am
NoMoreHugh wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 4:02am
This makes me think a little bit differently about this album. I had no idea about that context so the lyrics always seemed a little 'aerobics work-out tape' to me.

Musically, I really like it - lyrically, I get the impression they were completed in an afternoon.
I think the description of aerobics work out is exactly right :mrgreen: but it was never meant to be lyrically a political statement or to be meaningful but was capturing a moment in time that was unique and personal to the fans that were there at that time.

Being sad that I am I looked up what i wrote about EANR years ago in here and i couldn't write it again so i have copied and pasted it below . And for me this is what makes it so amazing as an album

I think EANR was BAD's finest hour. This captured for me exactly what Mick was always trying to achieve Rock n Roll guitar with dance and other musical cross overs. EANR achieves this more than any of the other albums including This Is.
The way Mick uses RocknRoll guitar that glues all these dance influences together is in my opinion pure F*****g genius.

I love its urgency and energy and the way the songs build up the excitement is where this album provides the best adrenalin rush over all the other BAD material and thats really saying something.
The sharing of the vocals just lends the songs to be appreciated on so many layers creating an amazing organised chaos that was more punk than any other band i can think of.

I also like the way it splits fans from those that love it and those that hate it - for me thats what makes it really special and the fact we get a free rough copy which was never released just makes it a Legend
Not wanting to be geographical but this album is london street level at its very best and unique to the end with no commercial worth - yeah it is brilliant!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

NoMoreHugh wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 11:51am
I think EANR was BAD's finest hour. This captured for me exactly what Mick was always trying to achieve Rock n Roll guitar with dance and other musical cross overs. EANR achieves this more than any of the other albums including This Is.
The way Mick uses RocknRoll guitar that glues all these dance influences together is in my opinion pure F*****g genius.
I always had this view on it too, which is why this album always appealed heavily to my romantic view of the UK dance scene. Great write-up!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky, what file type did you start with for these? All I ever had of this album was mp3.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
30 Jun 2020, 4:16pm
Marky, what file type did you start with for these? All I ever had of this album was mp3.
320 mp3. Converted to WAV then a lot of work to fill out the sound to prevent the finished tracks from sounding thin.

Depending on the source material you can build stuff back up but it's a long winded process.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

crazyknowledge
Corner Soul

Post by crazyknowledge »

Hi Guys,

Long time lurker here....

Sorry to be a bore, can anyone tell me what software is best to open this RAR file, it has be years since I tried and new laptop wont do it.

I want to be able to put this in my itunes if that makes any difference.

Or does anyone use a different type of player other than itunes which I used to find easy to download stuff to but recently cant seem to get it working well at all.

Many thanks in advance.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

crazyknowledge wrote:
10 Jul 2020, 9:19am
Hi Guys,

Long time lurker here....

Sorry to be a bore, can anyone tell me what software is best to open this RAR file, it has be years since I tried and new laptop wont do it.

I want to be able to put this in my itunes if that makes any difference.

Or does anyone use a different type of player other than itunes which I used to find easy to download stuff to but recently cant seem to get it working well at all.

Many thanks in advance.
WinRar always works for me but don't pay for it.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

crazyknowledge
Corner Soul

Post by crazyknowledge »

Cheers Heston , got that downloaded and working, still having issues getting them into itunes, what player do you use ?

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

crazyknowledge wrote:
10 Jul 2020, 11:19am
Cheers Heston , got that downloaded and working, still having issues getting them into itunes, what player do you use ?
I just use Windows Media Player on my laptop. I have zero experience with itunes unfortunately.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board