Blowing Carbon Bubbles

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46551
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Blowing Carbon Bubbles

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
23 Jul 2020, 7:20pm
TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
23 Jul 2020, 7:12pm
NoMoreHugh wrote:
23 Jul 2020, 10:26am
TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 2:27am
True that Mick wasn’t very happy with the Carbon Bubble. The finances and business issues, unforeseen in the early days of making music on a laptop with uncleared samples and putting it online for free, did complicate matters. Mick would likely have chosen to keep it unreleased, but the settlement with the management company (in which company boss Elton John quite admirably directed his people to completely forgive the band’s significant debt — Incurred mainly on tour), it was decided to take a digital release. There were other factors, including band personnel changes, the manager Clive having personal problems, wives and girlfriends, egos, the usual. And yes, this settlement effectively ended the band, though not immediately,

I really like The Best Man.
Thanks for the insight TeddyB

What a shame Mick isn't writing songs and performing anymore.
Mick has written and recorded several songs. I just don’t know at this point if he’ll ever release them.
It's a damn shame because loads of people would love to hear what Mick is doing. I'd love to think he had a debut solo album to give us before he permanently retired. He was in such good voice on that BAD reunion, but then things seemed to grind to a halt creatively. But hey, Mick's earned his spurs, he has a right to put his feet up eternally.
Mick is too good a songsmith to ever retire. That would be a huge loss to music. I would love Mick to make a solo album with friends involved.
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21729
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Blowing Carbon Bubbles

Post by 101Walterton »

Perhaps he is writing that long awaited book?????????????

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 46551
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Blowing Carbon Bubbles

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 5:16pm
Perhaps he is writing that long awaited book?????????????
Perhaps he isn't................
Image

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21729
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Blowing Carbon Bubbles

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 5:27pm
101Walterton wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 5:16pm
Perhaps he is writing that long awaited book?????????????
Perhaps he isn't................
☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

TeddyB Not Logged In
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1758
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 8:42pm

Re: Blowing Carbon Bubbles

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

He’s been writing pages but not about his career.

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 53524
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!

Re: Blowing Carbon Bubbles

Post by Wolter »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 12:15am
He’s been writing pages but not about his career.
Probably too late to turn in that book report.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

gkbill
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 2029
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 9:21pm

Re: Blowing Carbon Bubbles

Post by gkbill »

Hello Mick,

Do a solo album and then work out an agreement with a respected biographer.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21729
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Blowing Carbon Bubbles

Post by 101Walterton »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 12:15am
He’s been writing pages but not about his career.
Would love to hear Mick’s story in his words.

TeddyB Not Logged In
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1758
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 8:42pm

Re: Blowing Carbon Bubbles

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

101Walterton wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 2:53am
TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 12:15am
He’s been writing pages but not about his career.
Would love to hear Mick’s story in his words.
No reason I’d expect that will happen.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33656
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: Blowing Carbon Bubbles

Post by Heston »

I have to say, I don't see Mick (or Paul) as autobiography types. Topper on the other hand seems a good raconteur based on some of the interviews I've seen with him recently. And he has the drug redemption angle to hang his book on. There was a rumour one was in the pipeline a couple of years back, I hope it comes to fruition.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21729
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Blowing Carbon Bubbles

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 5:59pm
I have to say, I don't see Mick (or Paul) as autobiography types. Topper on the other hand seems a good raconteur based on some of the interviews I've seen with him recently. And he has the drug redemption angle to hang his book on. There was a rumour one was in the pipeline a couple of years back, I hope it comes to fruition.
Yep I love to read to read Topper story as well although not sure how much he’d remember if the middle part.
But Mick was there at all stages and has all the stories.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 33656
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction

Re: Blowing Carbon Bubbles

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 6:31pm
Heston wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 5:59pm
I have to say, I don't see Mick (or Paul) as autobiography types. Topper on the other hand seems a good raconteur based on some of the interviews I've seen with him recently. And he has the drug redemption angle to hang his book on. There was a rumour one was in the pipeline a couple of years back, I hope it comes to fruition.
Yep I love to read to read Topper story as well although not sure how much he’d remember if the middle part.
But Mick was there at all stages and has all the stories.
His recall seems good. I really enjoyed those interviews he did with that drummer bloke for "Mad, Bad and Dangerous To Know". It's a miracle Topper is as coherent and sharp sounding as he is...







And a good one with Cerys Matthews...

There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

LeFin
Corner Soul
Posts: 4
Joined: 11 Apr 2020, 1:02am

Re: Blowing Carbon Bubbles

Post by LeFin »

It really is a miracle...
This is quite miserable to watch


101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21729
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Blowing Carbon Bubbles

Post by 101Walterton »

LeFin wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 12:27am
It really is a miracle...
This is quite miserable to watch

Video not working for me.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 21729
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Blowing Carbon Bubbles

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 7:25pm
101Walterton wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 6:31pm
Heston wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 5:59pm
I have to say, I don't see Mick (or Paul) as autobiography types. Topper on the other hand seems a good raconteur based on some of the interviews I've seen with him recently. And he has the drug redemption angle to hang his book on. There was a rumour one was in the pipeline a couple of years back, I hope it comes to fruition.
Yep I love to read to read Topper story as well although not sure how much he’d remember if the middle part.
But Mick was there at all stages and has all the stories.
His recall seems good. I really enjoyed those interviews he did with that drummer bloke for "Mad, Bad and Dangerous To Know". It's a miracle Topper is as coherent and sharp sounding as he is...







And a good one with Cerys Matthews...

Cheers Hes I shall watch those on the weekend.
I watched a documentary last night called Punk. Quite interesting but funnier than the size of Johnny was that Terry was the Clash representative.

Post Reply