BAD at Coachella

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

BAD at Coachella

Post by bazarboy75 »

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: BAD at Coachella

Post by oliver »

Lovely stuff
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

That looks like a Gibson Ripper.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

I wish Dan hadn't have done whatever it was he did.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

MarkyJacobs wrote:
12 Feb 2021, 2:52pm
I wish Dan hadn't have done whatever it was he did.
I thought they were much better with Davo.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

I wasn't a great fan of the reunion live. I got the feeling Mick was tired physically but it was all too obvious how much he enjoyed doing it by the huge smiles on his face. Some of the songs were played slower for example Medicine show in this clip. But i never went to any of the reunion shows so i appreciate that i might not have got the full impact to make proper judgement.

What i was gutted the most about was only 10 years ago we all thought we was going to get a new Big Audio Dynamite album that never happened. I know there was a lot of logistical problems that was put down to prevent it happening. But to my limited knowledge i just think you get the band together write the songs and go in the studio and get the tracks down and release them.

Regardless of my earlier comment thank you bboy for making this available it make very enjoyable watching and listening.

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

It seemed an intensive, demanding schedule they undertook. it would only be natural if evergy and enthusiasm wanted towards the end.

I'm generally hostile towards nostalgia and re-union type things, but I enjoyed the gigs I attended, and I'm glad they happened. However, it felt inauthentic to me once Dan left. Like obligations had to be fulfilled by any means necessary..

And I don't care what anyone says: a keyboardist using a sequencer looks a whole lot better than a guitarist ussing a sequencer. Especially if the guitarist's sequencer quite obviously contains the ex-keyboardist's parts. And the guitarist is known by most to be the band's long-term roadie.

I wouldn't have wanted it to go on for too long. But I'd like it to have ended differently. Same as in 1989, perhaps? 2033, anyone?

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Not so much to disagree, but just to mention that Davo was playing sequencer parts out of the limelight when Dan was still there. And I think they carried on without him in large part because of the notion of putting out a record and continuing as a band, which obviously didn’t happen.

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

True. The 'out of the limelight' perhaps being the important bit? The parts were keyboard/synth parts, and would have been hardware overseen by Dan in the original set-up.

A recotd would havè given the continuation more credibility, I suppose.

Kimmelweck
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Kimmelweck »

Thanks for posting this bboy. Much nicer than the shaky vids from this show that I’ve seen on youtube. I love the banter from Mick that starts around 32:55.

“Jackrabbits. I love them…big ears and big back feet. Jackrabbits man…they’re happenin’.”
The chair is against the wall. The chair is against the wall. John has a long mustache. John has a long mustache.