Why did B.A.D. "disband"?

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Re: Why did B.A.D. "disband"?

Post by MarkyJacobs »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 9:57am
How one forum could attract two Markys of wholly diametrically opposing personalities is curious. Feel blessed that the one who posts regularly is the good one.
You just can't help yourselves! :naughty:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 10:40am
Silent Majority wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 10:03am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 9:57am
How one forum could attract two Markys of wholly diametrically opposing personalities is curious. Feel blessed that the one who posts regularly is the good one.
I think CirckyJerkobs thought he was doing something extremely witty when he added the Y to his username. It wasn't there on a previous account. Must have been looking to get a rise.
Really? So he was targeting MD in some way?
Hey I'm an easy target. I mean I'm big, ugly and full of shit. But Mr. Jacobs will always be wide of this Mark. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

aza
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by aza »

seems like spite may fuel Mick's creativity well- i have to imagine the original B.A.D members must have felt about the success of The Globe, the same way Joe must have felt about B.A.D.'s first album...

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

aza wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 11:36am
seems like spite may fuel Mick's creativity well- i have to imagine the original B.A.D members must have felt about the success of The Globe, the same way Joe must have felt about B.A.D.'s first album...
Always found it strange that The Globe did zilch in the UK but was a massive hit in the US and Australia. I wasn't even aware until years later it was so successful.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 11:42am
aza wrote:
Always found it strange that The Globe did zilch in the UK but was a massive hit in the US and Australia. I wasn't even aware until years later it was so successful.
Rush is the BAD song most American non-fans actually know.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

aza
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by aza »

Heston wrote:
aza wrote:
oh wow, i just assumed it had done the same in the UK as the US- Rush & Globe was inescapable, on the radio, all day every day. I even went to a listening party for it on the day of the release- which sounds so quaint now..

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 11:51am
Heston wrote:
aza wrote:
Probably, I imagine, because it was the most rock-ish thing BAD had done. It was easier to categorize and market, so it got more airplay.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 12:36pm
Wolter wrote:
Heston wrote:
aza wrote:
Probably, I imagine, because it was the most rock-ish thing BAD had done. It was easier to categorize and market, so it got more airplay.
Yeah. It’s accessible and catchy. And if I recall correctly it showed up on a few film soundtracks circa 1992-1994.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Heston

Post by Heston »

Wolter wrote:
Heston wrote:
aza wrote:
Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant the album rather than the song. I know Rush was the biggie that no doubt helped the album sell.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

YoungParisians
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by YoungParisians »

Im glad Mick got so much attention with Rush/Globe. He all but disappeared to most people in the US with Higher Power and F-Punk. Between pop punk, grunge and Britpop those albums fell right thru the cracks.
Hello? Go ahead, man. Yeah I'd just like to say, um, lets have some music now, huh? Ok, ok...thank you.

Heston

Post by Heston »

YoungParisians wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 12:56pm
Im glad Mick got so much attention with Rush/Globe. He all but disappeared to most people in the US with Higher Power and F-Punk. Between pop punk, grunge and Britpop those albums fell right thru the cracks.
I think those albums just weren't up to scratch. I'm not a huge fan of the Globe but the quality really dropped after it.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 1:05pm
YoungParisians wrote:
I think those albums just weren't up to scratch. I'm not a huge fan of the Globe but the quality really dropped after it.
Yeah. I was really hyped for Higher Power and it just...didn’t do anything for me. Then I was hoping F-Punk was a return to form, and it wasn’t.

Perhaps the most American thing about me is I genuinely like most of The Globe.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 1:05pm
YoungParisians wrote:
Seriously. After that album, Mick's muse abandoned him.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I think Higher Power has some solid stuff on it. It's just a change of direction from Mick.

Not surprising that a lot of fans don't care for it.

As for F Punk it suffers badly from that poor mix.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

YoungParisians
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by YoungParisians »

Im probably in the minority here but BAD always wrote really great half-albums.
Hello? Go ahead, man. Yeah I'd just like to say, um, lets have some music now, huh? Ok, ok...thank you.